Baghdadee بغدادي

رئيس العراق

لماذا هذه الفرحه التي شملت اغلب العراقيين بفوز الشيخ غازي بمنصب الرئاسه؟ سالني صديق عربي ..

احترت بالجواب .. فانا شخصيا كنت من اؤلئك اللذين تابعوا بشغف اخبار الصراع بين مرشح العزيز بريمر وبين مرشح المجلس الشيخ غازي ولااخفي اني كنت اتمنى فوزه كما لو ان الفريق العراقي للقدم يلعب مع الامارات بمدربه الامريكي!. وكنت قد سمعت باسم الشيخ لاول مره بعد تسلمه منصب رئيس مجلس الحكم بعد رحيل الرئيس السابق الشهيد عزالدين سليم رحمه الله .. ولم تسنح لي الفرصه بالتعرف على شخصيته من خلال تغطيه اعلاميه او صحفيه عدا نتف. وكنت اقول لنفسي , ماهذا الاعرابي ياتينا لابسا الكوفيه, فمن شده تحفظي لكل مايمت للاخوه الاعداء بصله, كنت متحفزا من مضهره.. لكني مالبثت ان ملت اليه تماما بعد ان علمت من هو ..

علمت انه ابن شيخ اكبر عشيره في العراق واذا كان في ذلك من مغبه لتسلم منصب رئاسي لما قد يثيره من فكره العوده الى العصبيه القبليه فانه لاينطبق مع الشيخ غازي لسبب بسيط, انه لم يترشح لكونه يمثل عشيرته بل ترشح لان العراقيون ارادوه وهنا يصبح حسن المنبت ميزه وليس عيبا. , وهو من الموصل بكل ما عرف عنها من انفتاح وتقبل للجميع وبالتالي فانه لن يكون رمزا للفرقه بل سيكون رمزا للجمع.. لقد تعودنا وبصراحه ان يكون ممثل السنه العرب دائما شخصا طائفيا , ابتداء من عبد السلام عارف الى الشيخ الكبيسي , لذا فان تغيير تلك المعادله بحيث ان يكون ممثل السنه من الموصل ربما فيه نقله نوعيه خطيره تساهم في دفع مسيره الوحده الوطنيه.

عندما استمعت الى الشيخ يتكلم في نادي الصحافه الامريكيه , عرفت ان الحادي لايخطئ اهله.. لقد رايت واستمتعت باول حديث لرئيس عربي غير محنط لاتحيطه التعليمات المسبقه والابهه الكاذبه والكلام المغلف الغبي.. رايت شابا ملئ بالحيويه والصراحه والثقه بالنفس , يتكلم وبالانكليزيه وبطلاقه ويحاور اعتى رجال الصحافه بالعالم باسلوب دبلوماسي قاطع.

عندما ساله احدهم .. عن الشيعه والسنه , قال انها مثل الكاثوليك والبروتستانت في امريكا , موجوده ولكن لاعلاقه لها بالولاء للامه. ساله اخر عن الخلاف بين الاكراد والحكومه, قال كنت على الغداء قبل يومين مع الرئيس علاوي ونائبه الكردي برهم وكنا في اصفى حال .. عندما ساله مندوب الصحافه الروسي عن امكانيه مشاركه الروس في "نهب العراق" قال , العراق مفتوح للجميع بشرطه نوعيه الاداء ولعمري فانه اذكى جواب يمكن ان اتوقعه! النوعيه هي المقياس , لاادري كيف سوف تتمكن تلك الدول الطامعه التي كانت تنهب العراق ايام صدام من تحقيقها.عندما سال عن الكرد, اجاب وباحسن مما يمكن للكردي ان يجيب. وعندما سال عن الصدر قال بمثل ذلك.

عنما سال عن حجم المسؤليه , تنهد وحكي قصه شخصيه.. قال انه بعد اعلان اسمه اتصل به تلفونيا من الموصل ابن اخيه اليافع ذو السبع سنوات , وبعد التهنئه قال له هل ستستطيع قتل خمسون بالمائه من العراقيون كما يفعل الرؤساء عندنا؟ يقول اخذتني العبره وتاملت كم هو حجم المسؤليه علينا كي نستطيع تغيير انطباع فكر جيل كامل ومفاهيمه؟

ربما اسال نفسي , وهل ماسمعته الا كلمات ؟ اعتقد ان الجواب يكمن في اننا امه تحركها الكلمه.. او لم يكن الشعر اكبر وقعا من ضرب السيوف؟ الم تكن الرساله المحمديه العظيمه الا كلمات يتلوها نبي الامه؟ وهل كان لديه من سلاح غيرها ليجتمع حوله الابناء والاصحاب والانصار؟ واذا كان الشعر في حياتنا دائما تعبيير عن مبالغه فان الرساله المحمديه ماكانت لتتجذر في حياه الامه لولا الافعال والتضحيات ؟ لنعطي فرصه لكل اقوال هذا الرئيس المؤقت كي يثبت لنا انه يستحق ان نمنحه فرصه اخرى.

تحيه لاخونا ورئيسنا ابن العراق بمدنه والقفار, بسهوله والجبال.

تحيه لذلك المتواضع شموخا ولن نقول له بالروح والدم نفديك, بل نقول عليك منا حق الانتقاد والتقوييم وسنكون كما كان اجدادنا في قولتهم لخليفتهم " انما انت خليفه المسلمين, نحن نضعك ونحن نقيل". و لكن لك منا ايضا كل الثقه والدعم , فقد قالها السستاني لكم ولاخوانكم و نيابه عنا جميعا , اهل العراق..

انها امانه في اعناقكم فحافظوا على العراق ... انها امانه في اعناقكم فحافظوا على العراق

What is the secret that lies behind the Iraqis' relief of the nomination of Shikh Ghzi as president? An Arab friend asked me.

I was puzzled .. As I was one of those Iraqis who followed that marathon between the dear Bremer's candidate and the council's one, Shikh Ghazi.. I can't hide my feelings of being bias towards the second as if I was watching a soccer game between Iraqi team against Emirates,'s led by an American coach!

When I first heard about Ghazi's name, after the assasination of our late council president , Mr. Ezideen Saleem, I didn't have the chance to know about his background and education through media but very shorts shots. I kept telling my self, what could such an Arab Bedouin do here with his "Ekal" scarf ... I admit that I am so sensative to anything that might relate Iraq to our enemy brothers.. However, gradually I felt something drove me toward him, after I heard more about him.

I knew that he is the grandson of the leader of the biggest tribe in Iraq. Though this might drive our nuts as it might bring all the tribal band issues to the Iraqi instability, yet it would not apply to him. He wasn't nominated because of this dimension but because Iraqis freely wanted him,at a time they had so many different choices. So his sincere background is not working against, but for him. Also he is from Musol, which was known for the tolerance and openness for all, so he would be a good symbol of unity rather than diversity. Frankly, we used to have all those who claimed representing the Arab sunni in Iraq as the worst factionist, from President Arif to the current clergy Shikh Kobaisy. So I hope that this radical change of having a Musol candidate to represent the Arab sunni's might work better for the unity and prosperity of Iraq.

When I listened to him talking to journalists in the American press club, I was assured that my instincts didn't fail me. For the first time in my life I watched an arabic president that is not preaching in a pretext, faking glory and making vague nonsense promises. I saw a confident young Iraqi man , vital and full of hope. He answered and spoke with a full comand of Arabic/English language in one of the most elegant press conference.

When asked about Kurds, Alyawer replied better than any Kurd might say about their stiuation, and he did the samething when he was asked about Alsader.When other asked him about the tension between Kurdish leaders and the new government, he was sharp replying that he was on joint lunch with President Alawi and his kurdish deputy Barham and there is no such press created tension.

When a Russian correspondent asked about the possibility of having the Russian "Steal " Iraq in the reconstruction, he replied that Iraq is open for all who want to participate, the only condition is quality.. For me that was the most clever diplomatic answer.. I wondered how all those who kept stealing Iraqis can survive such barrier!

When he was asked about the huge responsibilities, he sighed and talked about a personal experience>> His 7 years old nephew called him from Musol after his nomination to ask him whether he also was going to kill 505 of Iraqis as presidents usually do? He said he felt how much work there should be done to rehabilite the new generation from such concepts about the role of the president..

I asked my self; what if all this was just words? I convinced myself with very a simple answer.. We, Arabs , are easily fascinated by words. Is n't it true that Poets have more impact on us than swords. Isn't it true that the great Message of Prophet Mohamed was nothing but words? Did he have any other path to get all the companions and supporters?

If poets were always linked to exaggeration , the Islamic message was not to deepen its roots without hard work and sacrifices. Let us give the this temporary president the chance to prove that he might deserve another one.

Greetings to our brother and president , the son of Iraq. We will not shunt " sacrifice you with our blood and souls", but we will tell you that you owe us the constructive critizim and advice, as exactly what our grand fathers said to their Caliphs " You are not the Caliphs of God, but of Us. We put you and we move you out".. On the other hand, we owe you our full support and confidence, as Alsystani already mentioned in his letter , on behalf of All Iraqis

Your are on trust of our most valuable thing, please protect Iraq..

Your are on trust of our most valuable thing, please protect Iraq..

Guest Guest

http://www.iraq.net/displayarticle4229.html

Posted by: Editor on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 06:00 AM

By Guy Dinmore

"Hi everybody. I'm new to this business, so you have to cope with me!"

With this casualintroduction, Sheikh Ghazi al-Yawar, the first president of Iraq ever to visit Washington, launched into a news conference at the National Press Club after meeting President George W. Bush and other world leaders at last week's G8 summit in Georgia.

Politicians and analysts alike agree that Mr Yawar - an interim appointee whose term will last until elections early next year - made a strong impression in his first foray into international diplomacy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.asharqalawsat.com/view/news/200...,30,242169.html

Interview with Alyaour..

There will be three main laws..

Amnesty to all Baathists excluding those who commited killing crimes

Iraqi martial law

The return of excution punishment for very limited cases.

There exturation in bidding prices for the American aid contracts, I talked to Presiden Bush and asked for some Iraqi control on price and quality..

هل لنا ان نعرف طبيعة القرارات التي اتخذتموها؟

ـ هي ثلاثة قرارات ستصدر تباعاً في القريب العاجل. الاول العفو العام عن كل من لم تتلطخ ايديهم بدماء الشعب العراقي ومن لم يقوموا باعمال ارهابية ولم يشتركوا في المجازر التي كان الشعب العراقي ضحيتها، والثاني اعادة العمل بقانون السلامة الوطنية الذي هو اخف من قوانين الطوارئ ولكنه ينطوي على اجراءات حازمة ضد اعمال الارهاب وخرق القانون، والثالث إعادة العمل بعقوبة الاعدام ولكن بضوابط تتماشى مع المعايير المطبقة في معظم دول العالم، عقوبة الاعدام في العهد الجديد لا تشبه عقوبة الاعدام في عهد صدام التي نصت عليها 114 مادة، فقد حددناها بعدد من الجرائم المرتكبة ضد المجتمع كالاغتصاب والخطف والقتل والعبث بأمن البلد وغيرها مما يدخل في خانة اعمال الارهاب.

حضوري قمة الدول الصناعية الثماني طلبنا من هذه الدول مساعدتنا في اطفاء الديون المترتبة على العراق، وتحدثنا مباشرة الى قادة هذه الدول فاظهروا تفهمهم واكدوا انهم يعملون على ذلك. هناك دول اخرى اعلنت استعدادها لمساعدتنا لكنها ربطت ذلك بقيام حكومة شرعية ومعترف بها من الامم المتحدة، وقد تشكلت هذه الحكومة الان ونتوقع ان تفي هذه الدول بوعودها. البعض اشترط ان نحفظ الأمن لكي يعطونا المنح فقلنا لهم: اعطونا المنح لكي نستفيد منها في توفير اجراءات حفظ الأمن وتنمية قدراتنا ومكافحة البطالة. لقد اعلن عن منح بحدود 33 مليار دولار، لكن لم يصلنا سوى اقل من 20 في المائة من هذا المبلغ، وهو لم يصلنا مبالغ وانما معدات جاءت بها الشركات التي تمثل البلدان المانحة، وبالذات الولايات المتحدة التي انفقت 6 مليارات دولار لم نتسلم منها أي مبلغ وانما انفقت من خلال شركات اميركية عملاقة نعرف جميعاً انها تبالغ جداً في اسعار منتوجاتها، فعندما يوصلون الى العراق سلعة ما سعرها في السوق دولار واحد فانها تصل الى العراق بسعر 50 دولارا. وشخصياً تحدثت مع الرئيس بوش في هذا الموضوع وطلبت ان يكون للحكومة العراقية دور في مراقبة تنفيذ اعمال الشركات والتثبت من جودة هذه
الاعمال.

• 4 months later...
Guest mustefser

http://www.elaph.com/Politics/2004/11/19359.htm

الياور : الفلوجة ستسحسم عسكرياً

علي الشطي  GMT 1:30:00 2004 الثلائاء 2 نوفمبر 

قال الرئيس العراقي غازى الياور بعد زيارة للكويت استغرقت ثلاثة ايام اجرى ‏خلالها مباحثات مع الأمير الشيخ جابر الاحمد ‏ورئيس الوزراء الشيخ ‏صباح الاحمد.

خلال لقاء مع رؤساء تحرير الصحف المحلية أن ‏تحالفا شيطانيا مكونا من بقايا النظام الصدامي السابق وجماعات تكفيرية وخيوط ‏لمخابرات اجنبية وتنظيمات مشبوهة وراء القيام بالعمليات الارهابية ضد المواطنين ‏العراقيين والرعايا الاجانب في العراق.

واكد خلال اللقاء أن الحكومة العراقية ستعالج الاوضاع الامنية في الفلوجة بصورة حاسمة وان ‏الامر سيحسم في تلك المدينة "عسكريا". واوضح ان هذا القرار بيد القوات العراقية والقوات متعددة الجنسيات و"نحن ‏اصدرنا قرارا بتفعيل قانون الدفاع عن السلامة الوطنية وهو نسخة معدلة من قانون ‏الطوارىء الذي وقعناه في شهر يوليو الماضي

Alyawer is speaking to Kawaitee news paper.. This young Iraqi is proven every day that Iraq had so many great leaders.. Day after day we discover more Iraqis that are ready to take responsibility..

He said that there is a coalition between Saddamees and other islamic terrorists in addition to some forign intelligence activity that managing the criminal acts.

Guest mustefser

http://www.asharqalawsat.com/view/news/200...,02,263531.html

In Arabic.. Interview with Alyawer

* إلى متى هذا الوضع الأمني المتردي في الفلوجة؟

ـ الله يا أخي. عملنا المستحيل لحل المشكلة سلمياً، إخواننا في الفلوجة أبرياء ولكنهم في الحقيقة رهائن لدى أطراف لا تفهم سوى لغة الرصاص والقتل، وهم غرباء عن المدينة وعن العراق. نحن تتقطع قلوبنا لأوضاع الفلوجة، ولكن ماذا يمكن أن نفعل عندما تفشل الجهود السلمية. لقد حاول عدد من زعماء العشائر ورجال الدين حل المشكلة. هناك الآن خيار عسكري يلوح بالأفق وهناك من يفهم الحل العسكري من دون أفق سياسي، ولكن المشكلة مرة أخرى إن أهالي الفلوجة رهائن عند عصابات.

* ما هي الرسالة التي توجهونها إلى دول مجلس التعاون؟

• 4 weeks later...
Guest مستفسر

http://www.elaph.com/ElaphWriter/2004/11/24701.htm

مقال ظريف للكاتب رشيد الخيون حول ساع اخر للرئاسه الملكيه الا وهو الشريف ابن خاله خياط العروسه

دعو العروس وشانها بالله عليكم يكفيها ماا صابها ممن ادعوا وصلا بها

اتدكر هنا حادثه ظريفه حصلت مع احد معارفي شخصيا

الرجل كان لاجئلا في انكلترا وكان يرغب بالرجوع الى العراق ولكن ضيق اليد وتكاليف السفر كانت حائلا. سمع بالشريف عليوي وخطته لاحتلال بغداد واستعاده مجد الخوال من خلال الحمله الاعلاميه لتغطيه سفرته والجماعه المصاحبه.

نجح صديقي بالوصول الى من يساعده في الانضمام الى الحمله والتمتع برفاهيه الاقامه والطيران مجانا اللى بغداد تحت حمايه ورعايه الامريكان..

زوجته فضلت البقاء في لندن ولكنها كانت قلقه عليه.. كان المفروض وصوله الى بغداد صباحا ولكنهابدائت تقلق بعد ان اعلمها اهله انه لم يصل حتى العصر.

اخيرا وصل صاحبنا ولكن عندما استفسرت منه زوجته عن سبب التاخير اجاب

"نعم وصلنا حسب المتوقع ولكن هدوله الملاعين حجزوا شنطنا لحين انتهاء زياره المقبره الملكيه وتصويرها بالتلفزيون لضمان عدم هروبنا "

!!

Guest Guest_Tajer

http://www.alarabonline.org/index.asp?fnam...%2007:05:01%20م

In Arabic.. Alyawer said" there are worries of intervene from Jordan , Syria and Iran" but he don't think Iran will have a serious influence on Iraqis who look very suspeciously to the Iranian regim..

وا

عترف الياور بوجود مخاوف من عدد من جيران العراق بينهم إيران وسوريا والأردن.

ورغم أن تأثير إيران فى الانتخابات العراقية المقبلة كان موضع تساؤل من قبل عدد من المراقبين، إلا أن الياور أعرب عن اعتقاده أن إيران لن تتدخل فى محاولة لخلق نظام إسلامى آخر.

وقال الياور إن الوضع فى إيران "معقد جدا."

وأعرب الياور عن ثقته بأن العراقيين سيرفضون أى تدخل إيرانى فى الشأن العراقي.

وقال "إننا نعتمد على أهلية شعبنا العراقى فى الجنوب" وأغلبهم من الشيعة، بحسب قول الياور، مضيفا "الأكثرية مشككة فى دور إيران بالعراق."

إلا أن الياور قال إنه غير واثق ما إذا كان الموالون لصدام فى الأردن يقومون بدعم المسلحين. أما سوريا فهى أكثر تعقيدا بحسب وصف الياور

Guest Guest_tajer

On the same link above, Alarab "A sadamme london newspaper" published a photo showing a poster with Alsystani picture calling for ellections. The picture was crossed by some Saddammee .. The Arab's comment was "Not all Shia are showing simpathy with ellections" !!1 Very funny ha!

Guest صدوق العراقي

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/arabic/talking_po...000/4091737.stm

لم تكن تلك هي الانتقادات الوحيده. فقد انتقد الياور بعض من يطرحون انفسهم كممثلين وحيدين للسنه.وانتقد وصف السنه العراقيين

بالارهاب كما اعلن ان العراق لم يعد ضيعه مشاعه لمن هدب ودب ممن يتدخل في شؤونه.

كما انتقد الجلبي من انه اول شخص بحمل اعلى شهاده في الرياصيات ويتصرف بعاطفه شيعيه وليس عقليه علمانيه.

بالنسبه لموضوع الجيش , لااعتقد ان هناك من حل الجيش, انماقاده الجيش انفسهم تركوا معسكراتهم ودهبوا وكما بعرف الجميع. المشكله ليست في عدم اعاده دعوه اؤلئك القاده المهزومين بل في التاخر في بناء قياده جديده ودلك لاسباب تتعلق بالاهداف المرحليه للاحتلال وتخوفهم من تسلل عناصر حزبيه اسلاميه لقياده الجيش

• 2 weeks later...

A Historic Moment for All Iraqis

Ballots will prove to be more powerful than bullets.

BY AYAD ALLAWI

Thursday, December 23, 2004 12:01 a.m.

BAGHDAD--In just over one month's time, the citizens of Iraq will be presented with a unique opportunity to close a chapter of decades of tyrannical rule and take their first steps to shape their own future by participating in the first free and fair elections in generations. On Jan. 30, Iraqis will vote for the Iraqi National Assembly to enable the drafting of a permanent constitution, in preparation for full elections for a government one year later.

As the Iraqi Interim Government, we have been active these past months in preparing and paving the road to these elections. Along with our allies from the multinational forces, we have waged a tireless and determined fight against the criminals, terrorists, and Saddam loyalists who are dedicated to derailing Iraq on its approach to democracy. At the same time we have been engaged in rebuilding the country, while reaching out to all of Iraq's diverse communities so as to ensure an inclusive and representative electoral process. In this regard I recently met with senior Iraqi tribal leaders in Jordan and encouraged them to participate in this historic event.

On the economic side, we have also achieved an important breakthrough in securing an 80% debt reduction for Iraq with the Paris Club group of major lending countries. We appreciate that the United States has in turn written off our remaining debt to it. We hope to build on this momentum to agree equal or better debt reduction arrangements with other creditor countries, including those among our Arab neighbors. This will be an important requirement if Iraq is to have a hope of building the economic prosperity that is so vital to its stability and security, and indeed to that of the entire region.

Turning to the conduct of the elections next month, and despite all the pessimism by the skeptics, we see encouraging signs as Iraqis enthusiastically register to vote, and thousands of candidates from across the political spectrum put themselves forward for election. The cowardly targeting of voter registration centers by terrorists demonstrates their fear of the coming fulfillment of Iraq's aspirations for democracy and freedom.

I have recently submitted our national unity slate of candidates "Al-Iraqiya"--the Iraqi List, made up of a broad and representative set of respected individuals mirroring the rich geographical, ethnic and religious mix of the country. We see this mix in Iraq as a source of strength and talent, and not as a reason for factionalism and discrimination. Our goal is a united Iraq--safe, secure, and prosperous.

We are reaching out to all Iraqis in a spirit of national unity and reconciliation, and will continue to draw a clear distinction between criminals of the former regime and those who are innocent of such crimes but found it necessary to join the Baath Party to earn a living. All those who respect the rule of law will be respected by us and given the opportunity to live as productive citizens. Those who choose crime and terror will be defeated.

We will fight bias and factionalism in all its forms, and seek to include all ethnic and religious communities. We will aim to build strong and honest governmental institutions, and strive to stamp out corruption in all areas of Iraqi life. We will work to restore the rights of those who suffered under the previous regime, while enabling the progress of a free media and strong institutions for civil society.

We aim to continue the rebuilding of the Iraqi Army as a professional, apolitical, and meritocratic institution, as well as the responsible rebuilding of the police and other vital security services. We will also work towards orderly withdrawal of the multinational forces from Iraq according to a specific timetable--based on building sufficient capability in the Iraqi security forces.

Finally, and in tandem with our focus on security, we plan to focus on the rebuilding of Iraq's economy and infrastructure, so as to provide much-needed employment and decent public services. Iraq's oil wealth will be developed and used for the good of the people, and education, health care and a social safety net for the disadvantaged will all be among our top priorities.

The elections next month will be transparent and competitive, supervised across the country by the thousands of brave workers of the Independent Electoral Commission for Iraq, and by international organizations including the U.N. Iraqis will have over 250 different parties and political entities from which to choose--a far cry from the farcical referendum with Saddam as the single candidate who received 100% of the vote. They will be conducted in the open and under public scrutiny, and though these elections and the ones the year after will not by themselves create a democracy, they will be a major landmark event of huge significance. The resulting National Assembly will be one of the most important in our history--responsible for drafting our permanent constitution which will then be put to referendum for approval by the people. In addition, there will be voting for the 18 provincial councils and for the Kurdish Assembly, reflecting the important role of local government in the new democratic Iraq.

For all these reasons, it is not surprising that there has been robust debate about the timing and modalities for these elections. The debate is a positive sign that Iraqis take these elections extremely seriously and understand their significance for the future of our country and indeed the wider region. Just as we and the vast majority of Iraqis are determined that the elections will go forward on time however, there are those--a combination of terrorists and loyalists of the former regime--who will attempt to derail the process with barbaric and cowardly acts of violence, such as the recent horrific bombings in Najaf and Karbala and the brutal murders of brave Iraqi election officials. Though such attacks may escalate in the coming weeks as we approach the elections, they cannot and will not be allowed to achieve their destructive aims. As Iraqis, we will refuse to be divided and cowed into fear by such criminals. We will stand firm.

Ballots will prove far more powerful than bullets in the end, and the will of the peaceful majority of Iraqis will triumph over the terror tactics of a hateful few.

To this mission, I and my colleagues from the Interim Government pledge ourselves, and we call upon the governments and citizens of our allies in the international community and our neighbors in the region to do their utmost to support Iraq at this critical juncture. A free and secure Iraq will be a victory for all peace-loving people, and we Iraqis face a historic opportunity that we shall not squander.

Dr. Allawi is prime minister of Iraq.

Archived