Baghdadee بغدادي

comment.11.22.2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I am thrilled to see this!

Thank you so very much to the people who have made this site and discussion possible!

This is what the people in the world have been hoping for, to hear the voices of the Iraqi people.

cicio

cicio | 11.16.03 - 1:33 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Thank you for this opportunity to learn from the ordinary Iraqi citizen.

If all that I have read and heard, Iraq was in a “mess” before the war started. It has now been something like eight months. In your opinion, how long a time do you think is acceptable for things to be “ok”. I say, “ok,” because what is ok for one might not be enough for all. I am referring to security, infrastructure, education and health care issues.

How long do you think is a reasonable time for the political situation to become stable?

I have lived in West Africa where civil war left the land and the people devastated and felt that it would take decades to rebuild. Am I too pessimistic?

Warmest regards.

الأصدقاء الأعزّاء,

شكرًا لهذه الفرصة للتّعلّم من المواطن العراقيّ العاديّ .

إذا جميعًا أننيّ قد قرأت و سمعت, العراق كان في فوضى قبل أن تبدأ الحرب . هو قد كان الآن شيئ ما مثل ثمانية أشهر . في رأيك, إلى متى الوقت هل تفكّر مقبول للأشياء ليكون حسن . أقول, الموافقة, لأنّ ما لواحد قَدْ على ما يرام ليس كافي للكلّ . أشير إلى الأمن, البنية التّحتيّة, التّعليم و قضايا الرّعاية الصّحّيّة .

إلى متى هل تعتقد وق

Yi Hong | Email | 11.16.03 - 3:10 am | #

Sorry it should have read “If all that I have read and heard is true”

آسف هو سوف قد قرأ إذا جميعًا أننيّ قد قرأت و سمعت حقيقيّ

Yi Hong | Email | 11.16.03 - 3:12 am | #

حدث قبل ساعه من الان

كنتواقفا في حديقة منزلنا اتامل نسيم الهواء البارد اللطيف بعد ان تجاوز الحرمعنا مدته العاديه

واذا بصوت مرعب وغير عادي تسبب في رج بيتنا رجا مهوولا معتصاعد لحظي للهيب النار ومن ثم اختفائه من منطقة الداودي وعبر سكة القطار المقابله لمنزلنا ومن مسافه ليست بالبعيده ثم انطلق الصوت مع نفس لهيب النار للمره الثانيه والثالثه والرابعه

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 1:49 pm | #

واصيبت زوجتي بالرعب وصرخت ارجوك ادخل ولاتبقى في الحديقه

وحسب تخميني ان الذي اطلق هوصواريخ ولكن لااعلم اي نوع من الصواريخ هل هي صوايخ قاذفات او غير ذلك وبينما احاول ان اخمن ذلك وولدي الاكبر حسين واقف بجانبي والمثسر انه لم يخف ابدا قال لي بصوته الصغير بابا اعتقد انه مدفعيه ياابي ؟؟

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:00 pm | #

تخيل طفل في السادسه من العمرسيمع الصواريخ ولايخاف ويخمن انها مدفعيه وكانه يقرا افكار ابيه ..كان الله في عون اطفالنا المساكين

وفي غضون دقائق حلقت الطائرات وتحركت الدبابات وطاوقت منطقتنا وبدا اصوات الحرب تعود الى اذهاننا من جديد

ولمدة ساعه كامله

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:08 pm | #

Here below a fast translation to what Abo Husain wrote,

Happened one hour ago,

We were in the backyard having some fresh air after all hot weather extended its normal period, when a very big unusuall explosion . Our house get shocked very severly and a big flame rise then go some wher in the direction of Dawwoodee and cross the rail way from our house.. then there is secon, third and fourth..My wife was very panic and start screaming..I think it was rockets , sut I can't tell which type..While I am thinking about it, my six years old son Husain commented, Dad i think it was artilary, ..I was wondering how he kown which is which..Let Alah help these kids..

In mintutes, there was so many helicopters and a lot of tanks that rounded our neighborhood..It reminded us that war is coming back again and for one hour

Ali | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:19 pm | #

وبدات اكتب ماحدث واثناء ذلك دق جرس الباب واذا بمجموعه من الجنود الامريكان ومعهم مترجم عراقي يحملون اسلحتهم الخفيفه ومعهم كذلك دبابه

في البدايه رعبت ولكن عندما رايت وجوههم مبتسمه ( ارتاحيت )

وسالوني عما رايت فقلت لهم ما حصل وبادرني بالسؤال هل لمحت اي من منفذي هذه العمليه

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:41 pm | #

ابو حسين

هل لديك اي تفاصيل اخرى او معلومات او ملاحظات عن مركتبي الحادث؟ وهل تجد اي شعور عام عند الناس في المنطقه مؤيدين لمن يرتكب مثل ذلك. وخصوصا ان المنطقه التي تصفها هي خليط من كل الاطراف

Ali | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:44 pm | #

ابو حسين

هل وجدت في اسلوب تعامل الجنود اي ارتباك او استفزاز عدا الابتسامه؟ وهل لديك ملاحظه على ما يمكن ان يحسن علاقتهم ؟ وهل كان معهم شرطع عراقيين. ؟

Ali | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:46 pm | #

فقلت له كلا لان الكهرباء كان مقطوعا ولم المح اي شيء

فشكرني الضابط واعتذر عن الازعاج مبتسما ومودعا وبعدها اعلنوا بالسماعات نرجوا ممن لديه اي معلومات ان يخبرنا

انقل ذلك بامانه واقول لو ان ذلك حصل في عهد صدام وكان المستهدف احد قصوره ت..ترى ماذا كان سيفعل جلاوزته وكلابه بالمنطقه التي خرجت منها القذائف

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:47 pm | #

Translation to what Abo Huasin is writing till now:

While sstarting writing , the door knocked , I was shacked when I saw some American Soldiers with a translator..But I relaxed when saw them smilling..They asked me about what I saw, I explain what happened and then they asked if I saw any person, I replied no as there was no electricity..They oppologiesed and say good by while a sile.

That is exactly what happened and I tried to be very honest in passing what happened.

II was wondering , what would happen to me and my family if such thing had happened while Saddam was in power and some one fire rocket on his castle from same place?

Then later they annouced through load speakers if any one have information to proceed..

Ali | Email | 11.16.03 - 2:59 pm | #

سلامات ! اعتقد ان ما يشاهده ابنك سوف يبقى عالق باذهانه وسوف يحكي للاجيال القادمه عن اجراميه البعض ممن يسمون انفسهم عربا او مسلمين وهم يخرقون حرمه هذا الشهر الجليل..

اتمنى لك كل الموفقيه والعائله وشكرا لاشراكنا معك في هذه التجربه.. كنت انا وزوجتي نترقب كل كلمه وقد انهات الدموع منا ونحن نتصور اهلنا وهم في حاله الفزع .. اللهم ابيد الظلمه ورد كيدهم الى نحورهم

Congradulation for your safety, I think what your son is watchingwill be kept in his mind to tell next generation about, how some of those who call them selfs arabs or moslums can do all such criminal acts during the holly month of Ramadan.

Hope all the best for you and family and be safe.Thank you for sharing us with your tragedy.

Me and my wife were standing waching your writings ..when tears drops from both of us, remembering our family bachk home with all the fear and shock that might run into..

Asking Alahh SWT to set it back to the criminals ..

Salim | Email | 11.16.03 - 3:36 pm | #

انظر الى بيان مجلس الحكم حول نص برنامج اعاده السياده.ز تهانينا لكل المخلصين ..تهانينا لابناء شعبنا العزبز وكل عام وانتم بخير

http://www.nahrain.com/d/news/03/11/16/sbh1116b.html

The above link was about the declaration by IGC of the steps to transfere power to Iraqis..

Congradulation all those who have made this possible so soon..

Salim | Email | 11.16.03 - 3:40 pm | #

المنطقه التي اسكن فيها الناس خليط منهم منيؤيد مايسميه بالمقاومه (البرموديين ) وفيهم العكس وفيهم مختلف الاراء اما حادث اليوم فلم اتكلم مع احد منهم وله لحد الان ولكن من المؤكد ان الجميع ارتعبوا من الذي حصل

لم يكن مع الامريكان اي من الشرطه العراقيه ولا اعلم لماذا لانهم دائما يكونون معهم عند حصول اي حادث

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 4:36 pm | #

لم يكنن هناك اي استفزاز في اسلو الامريكان بل كانوا بمنتهى الادب والاخلاق

اخي سالم اشكرك كثيرا على مشاعرك الطيبه واتمنى حقا ان التقيك يوما في بغداد واعزمك على سمك مسقوف او دولمه وانشاءالله تعود الى العراق انت واهلك بالف خير وسلامه والعراق بخير

abu hussein | Email | 11.16.03 - 4:43 pm | #

Bellow translation of Abo Husain writings

There were no Iraqi police with them, I don't know why. They usually be .

There was no any misbehaiving by the American soldiers , instead they were very polite and nice.

I would like to thank Bro Salim for his feelings..I wish I can meet with you some time and invite you for MASKOOF fish or DOLMA.. and hope you return back home and get together with your family..Be safe you family and Iraq

Salim | Email | 11.16.03 - 5:43 pm | #

Baghdadee,

I'm very proud of Iraqis. They are an inspiration to the world. So many honorable and brave men and women are coming forward to protect their fellow citizens cast off Hussein's shackles. What a country you will build together!

Thanks for your great blog. I'll be a regular visitor and will post the truth as I see it as opportunity arises.

Fond regards,

Tom Penn

بغدادي

انا فخور جدا بالعراقيين فهم الهام للعالم . كل هؤلاء الرجال والنساء الذين يتقدمون ويضحون لخدمه اخوانهم والخروج بهم من ضلمه صدام.

اي بلد عظيم ستبنون سويه!

اشكر موقعك واعد ان اكون زائرا مواضبا وان انقل الحقيقه وكما اراها وكلما جائت المناسبه

شكري العميق

توم بين

Tom Penn | 11.17.03 - 3:16 am | #

Thank you for your efforts to provide translations.

I am getting some surfers coming to my blog looking for a Homepage or E-mail address for the Shammar Tribe.

I have heard on the grapevine that they have some satellite dishes, but do not know if they uplinked to the satellite for Internet.

Are they on the computer yet? People are looking for them on the Net, so they should put a Homepage up for their Tribe and get an E-mail address!

Shammar tribesmen, if you are out there, it's time to get on the Internet. Maybe those who are looking for you are your relatives in America!

Button

شكرا لجهودكم في توفير الترجمه لهذا الموقع. اجد صعوبه في الحصول على عنوان انترنيتي او ايميل لعشيره شمر.

سمعت ان ليهم صحون لاقطه فضائيه للارسال ولاادري اذا كانت معده للارسال على الانترنت

هل هم هناك, الناس يبحثون عن موقع لهم على الانترنت , لذا يجب ان يكونون لديهم موقع على الانترنت وايميل.

ابناء قبيله شمر, اذا كنتم تسمعوني فقد حان موعد ضهوركم على الانترنت فالكثير من اقربائكم بالانتضار في امريكا

بوتون

a reader | Homepage | 11.17.03 - 3:50 am | #

الكهرباء مقطوع في عموم بغداد منذ الساعه الثانيه عشره من منتصف ليلة امس ولحد الان والسبب مجهول

abu hussein | Email | 11.17.03 - 12:14 pm | #

Translation of above..

There is no electricity in Baghdad since last night..No one knows why

Ali | Email | 11.17.03 - 1:09 pm | #

I wonder why they do not tell you what they tell us in the U.S.A. It was rainstorms getting water into places that should not get wet.

Lee C. -- U.S.A. | 11.17.03 - 1:59 pm | #

Transilation to above..ترجمه للملاحظه

السابقه

انا اتعجب لماذا لايخبروكم كما يفعلون معنا هنا ..

اها عاصفه مطريه ادخلت الماء الى بعض الاجهزه

لي ..يو اس اي

Ali | Email | 11.17.03 - 2:23 pm | #

A person on Zayed's Healing Iraq website linked to the following November 17 AP article regarding the Baghdad blackout:

BAGHDAD (AP)--Iraq's national power authority will need several days to fix major breakages on the national grid and restore electricity supplies to the Iraqi capital, a top official said Monday.

Most of Baghdad lost electric power just after midnight local time (2100 GMT Sunday), and power remained off throughout Monday. The U.S. compound and some major buildings were lit by generators.

A senior official at the Ministry of Electricity said the problem was caused by thieves who ripped out steel girders from pylons that carry high tension lines from powerplants in the north to Baghdad.

After several days of wind and rain in the north the weakened structures collapsed in several places, overloading the local network and causing it to fail, said the official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"We need 2-3 days to rebuild these towers," he said. "The fall of these towers left the entire network in a critical situation."

شخص من موقع زياد علق على انقطاع الكهرباء في بغداد نقل عن وكاله ا ب :

بغداد.. أب.. شبكه الكهرباء في بغداد ستحتاج الى ثلاثه ايم على الاقل لاصلاح عطل في الشبكه الوطنيه واعاده الكهرباء الى العاصمه العراقيه, كما صرح مسؤول هنا.

اغلب بغداد انقطع عنها الكخرباء بعد منتصف الليل و بقيت الكهرباء مقطوعه كل يوم الاثنين. وبقيت الاناره في مواقه قوات التحالف والبنايات الرئيسيه الاخرى تدار بالملدات.

مصدر مسؤول في وزاره الكهرباء بان السبب يعود الى سرقه الصوص اعمده فولاذيه تحمل الضغط العالي في شمال بغداد.

بعد عده ايام من الريح والمطر في الشمال و اهارب بعض الابراج في بعض المناكق, صرح بذلم المصدر الذي اشترط عدم ذكر اسمه..

اضاف المصدر المجهول "اننا نحتاج الى يومين او ثلاثه لاعاده البناء" اهيار هذه الابراج سبب ازمه كهرباء وطنيه"

ستيفن

Steven | Email | 11.17.03 - 2:38 pm | #

لا يوجد عاصفه او امطار او اي شيء غير طبيعي عن كل يوم الشائعات تقول ان الاداره الامريكيه تريد ان تعاقب العراقيون لعدم تعاونهم معها في القبض على عناصر المقاومه ( المثلث البرمودي ) والبعض الاخر يقول ان المحطات تعرضت الى ضربه تخريبيه قويه ( عموم الناس ) والبعض يقول انللامريكان خطه معينه لاستهداف الارهابيين والقطع جزء منها والله اعلم لملنحن فنقول ان الكهرباء وبحاله هذه لايمكن ان يساعد العراقيين على النهوض ابدا وبعد ساعه من الان سوف تكمل عموم بغداد (24 ) ساعه بدون كهرباء

No storms or raining, every thing is normal. There are a lot of rumors though. Some goes the coalition wants to punish people for not cooperating on the matter of the resistance “bermodee” personals, other said that the stations were distracted “most people believe”, others said it is a plan by Americans to get the terrorists, God knows, but we have to say that which electrical situation it would not help Iraqis to pick up. After one hour there will be 24 hr shortage in all of Baghdad

abu hussein | Email | 11.17.03 - 2:40 pm | #

Towers down during the rainstorm? The story gets clarified. It's good not to believe too deeply in the first reports one hears. I wonder what the final word will be.

الابراج تسقط بسبب عاصفه ؟

الان المساله مفهومه..نحتاج الى تدقيق في المستقبل قبل ان نصدق التقارير الاوليه .. انا اتمنى ان اعرف ماذا ستكون التقارير النهائيه؟

لي

Lee C. -- U.S.A. | 11.17.03 - 2:45 pm | #

انظر لهذا المقال الممتع حول واقع الدراما التلفزيونيه العربيه.. يتحدث المقال عن مسلسل الحججاج الذي يلقي الضوء لاول مره في الاعلام العربي على قضيه الدين والدوله وكيف استعل اناس خرجوا من رحم المدرسه الدينيه ليصبحوا عتاه جبابره..

http://www.nahrain.com/d/news/03/11/17/nhr1117k.html

The above article is in arabic, it is commenting on the current crises of the arab media being not covering real issues that Arab intellectuals migh looking for.

It is covering a new episode on Qatar TV that is about one of the early tyrants in the early islamic history, some one that had emereged from the Islamic educational institutes to be worse than Sadam..

In one famous incident he talked to Iraqis " I am seeing some heads that had riped already and I am the one who would pick"..

The writer is impressed that some media started getting into such sensative subjects that deal with issues such as as religion and state,.

salim | Email | 11.17.03 - 6:34 pm | #

Dear Hayder,

The fact that Iraqis have differing opinions on the effectiveness of the GC means you have democratic dialogue. Remember what it was like to criticize the Baathists?

The GC and the CPA are only human..like you and I. Some are loyal and inspired...some are conniving merchants...some are dedicated workers and some are vacationing do-nothings. It will take awhile for the wheat to be separate from the chaff.

As you said "the Journey of a thousand miles begins with on step".

( I say Journey, rather than March because on a march one merely struts briskly from point A to point B. Whereas on a journey, you learn along the way.

Every now and then, stop to ponder, reflect on and evaluate where the journey has taken you thus far.

Teachtru | Email | 11.18.03 - 4:17 am | #

Translation to Above Teachtru post:

رجمه لتعليق تاشرو السابق:

عزيزي حيدر

عندما يختلف العراقيون في الرأي حول اداء مجلس الحكمفان ذلك يعني حوارا ديمقراطيا. تخيل حال المنتقدين ايم البعث.

مجلس الحكم وقياده التحالف هم في النهايه بشر. بعضهم مؤمن وبعض طارئ.. البعض تجار وقتيون والبعض عمال حقيقيون... بعضهم هواه سياحه لايعملون شئ. سيمر بعض الوقت قبل ان نستطيع فصل الاخضر عن اليابس..

كما تفضلت..مسيره الالف ميل تبدا بخطوه واحده

(انا اقول , رحله وليس مسيره لان المسيره انت تبدأ من نقطه وتنتهي بنقطه محدده. بينما الرحله انت تتعلم في طريقك.

في كل نقطه تقف وتراجع

Ali | Email | 11.18.03 - 12:13 pm | #

تاشيرو

اعحبنبي وصفك للمرحله التي يمر بها العراقيون جدا..

لدي ملاحظه.. هواه الاستجمام لايمكن ان يختاروا غابه الموت مرتعا لقضاء الوقت..

Teachtru,

Amazed by the way you put the struggle path of Iraqis..

One note , vacationest would necer choose the death jungle for their resting time!

salim | Email | 11.18.03 - 12:21 pm | #

لقطه جميله لشاب وشابه عراقيان يعبران سويه جسر الحريه غير ابهين بكل الطوز الذي حولهما:

Photo

Nice shot for an Iraqi couple crossing together the Liberty bridge to the other side , while a dust storm is around!

Ali | Email | Homepage | 11.18.03 - 4:07 pm | #

Moved by editor from "About Baghdadee post" post.. منقوله من حقل "شئ عن بغدادي" لاهميه الموضوع

A New Subject: Is there any international law that governs Satellite Channels code of conduct.

In the past eight months, there was an increase pace in inciting hatred against Iraqis and Coalition forces in Iraq broadcasted through Arabic T.V channels like AL-JAZEERA and AL-ARABIA and others. The price innocents are paying due to suicide bombing and road side bombing and mines is climbing up.

A 2 cent comment, aren’t these channels hiring satellite bandwidth owned by American and Western companies. Why not suing those companies for all after war death?

هل هنالك قانون دولي لتحديد صيغ عمل وقواعد اداء القنوات الفضائية؟

في الثمان اشهر الأخيرة قتل المئات من العراقيين وقوات التحالف بأيدي انتحاريين ومخربيين . وكان التحريض الذي تقوم به قنوات مثل الجزيرة والعربية الأثر في اشاعة الفوضى والتدمير.

سؤال بفلسين .... اليست هذه القنوات تعمل من خلال اقمار صناعية مملوكة من قبل شركات اميركية وغربية، لم لا يتم مقاضاة هذه الشر&

Bahir Jalal | Email | 11.19.03 - 2:35 am | #

Bahir:

It was just my impression that the Satellite equipment and bandwidth is owned by a prominent Lebanese clan. But I don't think it is viable to sue them.

The more usual strategy with situations like this is to marginalize the offenders. By offering alternatives we outnumber them and make them look eccentric and like a small group of crackpots no one finds worthwhile.

Their tactics worked when Iraqs were shut off from outside information, but now that Iraqis can surf outside the country and see things for themselves, their tactics are less effective.

Eventually, the entire region needs to be elevated similarly.

a reader | Homepage | 11.19.03 - 1:07 pm | #

Fully agree with reader, let us push for ten C-SPAN like Iraqi channels, to let Iraqis get their voice out..!

salim | 11.19.03 - 1:37 pm | #

I like what I read on this website, it is all great to have all this information. I also think that blogs do not have a wide distribution as we like to see. As lots of people know, the liberal media is very much against the US involvement in Iraq, and they report only the negatives but none of the positives that took place sincethe removal of the brutal regime. Therefore we need to get more exposure to these Blogs, I am trying to do my share of informing people of these blogs but we also need to start writing to newspapers as well, to get articles published that reflect the gratitude the Iraq people have for the US for getting rid of a brutal dictator. Articles written by Iraqis inthe west donot carry as much weight as articles written by Iraqis in Iraq.

Mark | 11.19.03 - 2:20 pm | #

I working on profiling the Iraqi market for my company..Have some questions that need some help..

Whom we need to contact in order to establish a regional office in Baghdad? What is the requiremnets?

What is the cost of renting a good three room office in the central commerial part of Baghdad? Any real state agents recommended?

Which street is recommended for such office? both security and commertial position?

How I can reserve a room in a first class hotel? How much it cost per night?

Sorry for the inconviniences but I don't have other way to manage ..

Jeff Yong | 11.19.03 - 3:20 pm | #

Translation of Reader comment:ترجمه ملاحظه ريدر

اعتقد ان الاجهزه تعود لشركه لبنانيه, وعلى كل حال فلا اعتقد ان ملاحقتهم قضائيا هو امر مفيد.

الافضل في مثل هذه الحاله هو منافستهم وحصرهم من خلال قنوات تلفزيونيه اكثر مصداقيه مما يجعلهم عديمي الجدوى.

انهم انما يجدون منفذا لهم فقط عندما يغيب الصوت العراقي ولكن الان العراقي يغرد بحريه لذا قلت فعاليتهم

في النهايه كل المنطقه تحناج الى انطلاق

Bahir Jalal | Email | 11.19.03 - 6:22 pm | #

Translating Salim's :ترجمه تعليق سالم

اتفق تماما مه ريدر ..دعونا نطالب بعشره محطات ..لنسمع العالم صوت العراق الحقيقي

Ali | Email | 11.19.03 - 6:25 pm | #

Translating Mark's: ترجمه تعليق مارك

انا معجب بما اقرأه على هذا المقع,اجد استفاده من كل المعلومات. اريد التنبيه الى ان هذه البلوكات لا تاخذ الحيز المناسب لها من الانتشار كما نحب.

كما هو معروف فان الاعلام اليبرالي بصوره عامه يقف ضد الحرب وهو لايغطي الايجابيات بل يركز على السلبيات فقط منذ سقوط الطاغيه..

يجب ان نعمل على ترويج هذه البلوكات وانا من جانبي ساعمل ضمن دائره امكاناتي على الزياده في الوعي تجاه هذه المواقع العراقيه وكي يعرف العالم التقير الكبير الذي يكنه الشعب العراقي نو الشعب الامريكي. لنخبليصهم من الطغيان.

المقال‌

Ali | Email | 11.19.03 - 6:34 pm | #

Translating Jeff's:ترجمه تعليق جيف

انا اعمل دراسه عن السوق العراقي للشركه التي اعمل بها.. احتاج لبعض المعلومات وارجوا مساعدتي:

من هي الجهه التي يجب الاتصال بها لكي نفتح مكتب اقليمي للشركه في بغداد؟ ماهي المتطلبات؟ماهم كلفه ايجار مكتب من ثلاثه غرف في منطقه جيده في بغداد؟

هل نت توصيه لدلال جيد؟ اي شارع جيد لهذا الغرض ؟ من الناحيه الامنيه والتج&

• 2 years later...

Archived