Baghdadee بغدادي

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

http://ksgnotes1.harvard.edu/Research/wpap...f/rwp/RWP06-011

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

By John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt

Working Paper Number:RWP06-011

Submitted: 03/13/2006

Abstract

In this paper, John J. Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago's Department of Political Science and Stephen M.Walt of Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government contend that the centerpiece of U.S. Middle East policy is its intimate relationship with Israel. The authors argue that although often justified as reflecting shared strategic interests or compelling moral imperatives, the U.S. commitment to Israel is due primarily to the activities of the “Israel Lobby." This paper goes on to describe the various activities that pro-Israel groups have undertaken in order to shift U.S. foreign policy in a pro-Israel direction.

• 1 year later...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20942057/

Iranians decry Columbia leader's harsh speech

Bollinger said Ahmadinejad behaves like a 'petty and cruel dictator'

A hero for the Middle East?

The harsh words at Columbia "worked in favor of Ahmadinejad, who in the eye of ordinary people was seen as wronged," said Ahmad Bakhshayesh, a professor of politics in Tehran's Allameh University.

"The protests by Israel supporters against Ahmadinejad outside the university also helped him to appear as a hero for people of the Middle East," he said.

There is a say in Arabic " Tried to clean it , he broke it".. I didn't find better than this to describe the unexpected hostile attitude of Mr.. Bollinger. I understand all the pressure that he and his University went under because of accepting the Ahmadinejad visit and speech, but he tried to fix it in the most stupid un American way.

He gave Mr. Nejad all what he wanted.. I do believe that the president of the Iranian state had gave a fake rag to Mr.. Bollinger to play with , just to get hold on the real one being sold at highest price possible to the real customer. He proved himself a professional Tehran bazaar merchant dealing with a naive buyer !

When Bollinger started attacking Ahmadinagad in such rude and an polite manner, I noticed the fox smiling. A smile that I used to see on face of these bazaar men when ever they got a slam dunk sell !

All over middle east , insulting a guest is the up most insult of any person to him self .. Bollinger wasn't representing him self , he was, to the view of most middle eastern who were watching the match live, a symbol of American nation.. It was a shame to have such representative.. Mr.. Bollinger thought he is in a contest to reach the minds of the Americans, while Ahmedi Najad played it being to win the mind of his Iranian and Muslim around the worlds.. Both men might got what they set for.. But the question is which one got more.. Bollinger of repeating a known allegations to his "educated anti Iran" audience, or Najad proving his point of American arrogance to those who might doubt it !

So unfortunate to miss it , it was a great opportunity to send a message to the whole world and specially to Iranians and people in ME about the great US openness and freedom through quiet intellectual debate..

I don't know how to control the damage . I would vote for Mr.. Bollinge to submit his resignation .