Baghdadee بغدادي

Female Iraqi journalist beheaded

The link suggests the cameraphone containig the video was taken off the body of an Iranian supported militia member.

But the beheading remains the trademark of al Queda

Part of me died when I saw this cruel killing

HALA JABER

EVEN by the stupefying standards of Iraq’s unspeakable violence, the murder of Atwar Bahjat, one of the country’s top television journalists, was an act of exceptional cruelty.

...By the time filming begins, the condemned woman has been blindfolded with a white bandage. It is stained with blood that trickles from a wound on the left side of her head. She is moaning, although whether from the pain of what has already been done to her or from the fear of what is about to be inflicted is unclear. ...

A large man dressed in military fatigues, boots and cap approaches from behind and covers her mouth with his left hand. In his right hand, he clutches a large knife with a black handle and an 8in blade. He proceeds to cut her throat from the middle, slicing from side to side.

Her cries — “Ah, ah, ah” — can be heard above the “Allahu akbar” (God is greatest) intoned by the holder of the mobile phone.

Even then, there is no quick release for Bahjat.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2168496,00.html

That is all I will post of this recent murder by the brave "freedom fighters"

I hope the Iraqi government starts a bloody purge as one of their first official acts.

In Arabic. The story was a "hoax";

http://www.alarabiya.net/Articles/2006/05/08/23565.htm

The video actually shows the gruesome murder of a Nepalese man by the Army of Ansar al-Sunna in Iraq from August of 2004.

So

I understand the beheading wasn't that of the journalist but rather, the beheading of a man from Nepal 19 months ago.

The MSM seems to be breathing a sigh of relief.......

still....

they managed to ignore the story of a non journalist beheading as being not important..he was a nobody ?

Airdale,

Indeed the link that you osted never mentioned any thing about the Nialean man. The Arabia reort was to confirm that this might be for another woman. Alarabia broadcasted a speach by the ladey who suosed to reare Atwar's crosp , mentioning that she was not beheaded but with clear torturing signs..

What is interestin on that link is the comments by Arabia site visitors. Most of them were condemning the cli saying it is not imortant if it is for Atwar for for any other women, they were so disgusted and feel these acts to be so barbaric that those who are commiting it in Iraq deserve the highest punishment

Alrabia is second Arab media after Aljazeera, I don't know if the Arab public opinion toward these criminals who call them selfs "free fighters", is turnig around..

Yes I agree with you that the new government need to firmly react , other wise no one would know what will happen in Iraq. USA need to stand so firm in supporting the new united government and it's new leader, USA need to show that in a very clear actions and words. No more compromise with killers and we should not block the government security forces, specially with all Iraqis are articipating in running these forces..

• 3 months later...