Baghdadee بغدادي

The Battle of Baghdad (Law Enforcement)

Sadamists are playing their final cards. After all mass killing to intidimate Iraqis and American will, they have nothing but to play with the propaganda to convince their base that they are coming back. Let me give you an example of such propaganda. The Saudi sponsored Alrabia TV is considered as second in Arab world after Aljezeera. Alarabia Iraqi reporter Diar Alumery, in his coverage to the verdict yesterday and through the main news time show , went to say " The final destiny of Sadam is still need to be decided through the under table negotiation between the Americans and the Baathists". Mr. Alumery is a well known news reporter that was close to Sadam intelligence agency and had fled the country after the fall of Sadam.

Such propaganda is relying on Iraqis bad experience with American retreat in 1991. Indeed the Sadam sentence is a very critical step to end such rumors and to send a strong message to those loyalists that history is taking action and need to get out of their fears that Sadam might come back later and punish them.. That is why I think of fast but legitimate execution of the sentence is very important..

The very low level of reaction by those loyalists to the sentence is to prove that they are seriously re considering their stands. Some one might put such small reaction to be due to the curfew .. However, if this the case, then why there is no any popular uprising against it, specially in those neighborhoods where Sadamists claim full control such as Adhamia and west Baghdad or even Sala din or Diala.. All what had happened was a demonstrations in tikreet home town of Sadam by couple hundreds of loyalists and other one in one of the villages of Baqouba in Diala province.

By the way the curfew was applied only to those four provinces where there is a possibility of sectarian clash potential.. It was not applied to the sunni majority provinces of Anbar and Musol.. Is that to tell some something? There was no any reprot of any Sadam loyalist demonstaration over there..

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now after the dust had settled down .. There is some thing to say..

What had happened is nothing but to flag one fact.. How great democracy is..

This is a lesson to us in Arab world, we need to learn a lot.. It is always the nation who is right..

Congratulation to the winners, good luck to the second winners!

Back to Iraq, for some reason the idiots Baathists think that the new balance in Washington DC is working for them. May be because they think that they had their hands full in helping this victory through the last month escalation of operations against coalition forces causing the highest level of casualties that might given more legitimacy to the democrats criticism to the way the Iraq file is handled

.. Foolish Baathists are looking forward for pay back! Today a baathists wrote " with this win of democrats, those in the green zone are preparing their bags".. He ment the ellected governement

Such idiots dreams are not worying me,

What I am afraid of is that they might , as always , got the wrong message from some one that would boost their aggression to do more killings.

On the other side such wrong understanding might ignite a race for power between rival powers. I think a clear message by the new congress is critical, a massage of support to Iraq and it's elected unified government. This is not needed to support the Maliki government, as I think it already have enough support by people. It is to help these idiots to understand realities on ground and to get out of their sick dreams... A delay of such message would only cost more life's, Americans and Iraqis.. The sooner is better..

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

In two days in a row, two incidents of mass abduction occured ,one on the main road through the triangle of death and the other on one of the offices of Minestry of High education.. In the first, 10 passangers were sluaghtered on bases of identity .

In both cases the Iraqi Aramy is the one who takes control of the area where these incidents had happened.

For many Iraqis the blame is growing toward the coalition forces who are clearly failing to stop such day light mass kidnapping . At the end Baghdad's security is under the responsibility of US mandate..

I think those who did it are aiming to discredit the Iraqi governement by raising the level that the governement is not able to control the situation. In both cases the criminals choose soft targets.. In the first they dress in Ministry of defense uniform and in the second they try the police one.

Many Iraqis are now pointing to different directions to blame.

Linking this incident to the last week's incident of shelling Shia and sunni neighborhoods by same group in tajee where Sadamists had a strong base north to baghdad, one might trace a patteren of escalation toward driving the Baghdad into more tension..

I think the call for transfere of control to Iraqis become more serious , we need to have one authority to deal with these criminals. The mixed authority is not helping the situation and make it much worse..

The incident of kidnapping officials and visitors from inside an office of the ministery of HE, needs some stop.

The way the Ministery officials reacted. Then the way the terror support ing propaganda " Aljezera and Iraqi smaller sisters" .. Then the firm profecional way the Maliki governemnt conduct.. Three pieces that I need to comment on .. Many lessons one can learn from

Situation in Iraq & Afghanistan

Gen. John Abizaid, U.S. Central Command Commander, and David Satterfield, Dept. of State Coordinator for Iraq, describe the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan. They appear before the Senate Armed Services Committee

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/iraq/iraq111506_senate.rm

I suggest the above to know better about what is going on in Iraq, something a way from main stream media. Hearing through the session , I wonder the credibility of the reprot by AP that I posted two days ago.

Both Abizaid and Satterfield confirmed one core point. The support for the Maliki governement is the key to any realistic solution.

Mr. Satterfield accurately analyzed the tactics of Iraq enymies to be igniting the secterian violance and to slow the Iraqi governement take over..

LATEST NEWS..

Iraqi interior ministery issued a court arrest warrant against the extreemist Arab Sunni religous association head , Harith Aldaree on accusation of direct link to terrorists. Mr. Aldaree was under large attacks by different Iraqis for his clear support to Alqaeda and Sadamists acts in Iraq. In his latest interview with Suadi sponsored Alrabia, he said " Alqaeda doing in Iraq was due to their believes that we don't agree with" He refused to condemn that believes and put it as a thinkful muslim one.

This move by Maliki governement is a clear indication that Maliki is getting approval from different Iraqi factions to go after those who support terror . Maliki was in a meeting with Talabani yesterday. Talabani issued first accustation statement after the meeting toward Aldharee. Kurd newspaper belongs to talabani's party posted a report two days ago that quoted Mulla Kirikar "Qaeda Kurd leader of Ansar Al-islam" of praising Aldharee . Both men work together in faghanstan in nintees.

I think that there is a growing feelings among different Sunni Shia and Kurds that such policy of reconciliation with terrorist is not working and we need to stand firm ..

This incident will have a serious and criticle implications on the political process that might drive sone religous Sunni groups to withdraw from the governement, in support for Mr. Aldharee

Mr Aldharee was not available to comment, as the warrant might follow him to the neighboring countries that had already signed agreement with Iraq to fight terror and delivar suspects.

The Arab media Alarabia and Aljazera had this as their main news, claiming Aldharee to be the highest Sunni Marjiea and his warrent might be considered as a factionist move.. Indeed he is not. Sunni used to have their Mufti as Marjia, Aldharee was never considered as clergy neither Mufti. He claimed to the head of this new association that was established after the liberation. No one in Iraq considered him more than a Salafee scholar. Salafee sect in Iraq has very limited popularity. However, he was close to Sadam regime and held some posts in religon affairs minstery after returning from Afghanistan.

I think Maliki is getting the green light to strick hard on all militia and death squads terror. This should be considered as first step, a lot are coming

That what I think

The response to the above development was as I expected.. No serious response by the Sunni Arab, only some religious political figures who felt this as a crossing the lines .

Most Arab Sunni are blaming Aldharee for the disastrous situation that Iraq is under. His support for Qaeda that made Sunni Arab looks like terrorists. His factionist stands that mobilized Shia under one big umbrella. His extremist unrealistic Fatwas that forbidden Sunni Arab from enrolling in the police and Army, which was used by terrorists to legitimize the killing of those who had enrolled.

Any how the Sunni religious politicians sent a very hard messages and threatened to withdraw from the government, which I personally not going to happen. The dynamics are changing on the ground and these religious parities are getting a hard competition from the tribal leaders who feel very suspect to these politicians. The conflict with Anbar Up rise council was a very sounding development.. More tribes are announcing their join to the Up rise against Alqaeda base in Anbar.

The Interior ministry spokesman said yesterday that Aldharee was not accused by he is wanted to answer some question and allegations.

I don't know why these politicians are so angry to have him on call, Law should be above all . Any this warrant was set by ministry of Justice judge that is ruled by A sunni Arab. Pushing such a move to be on faction motives is not a realistic and Mr. Adharee him self was clear three days ago in supporting Qaeda acts in Iraq saying they are after the American occupiers and all these crimes are done by American and Iarqi government forces. It was a move that was explained as a coverage for Qaeda acts.. He also denounced the Anbar Uprise council , calling them thieves. The council replied in a very unger words, remind Aldharee of what his uncle Khamees used to call him " Haramee alshariea" the thief of the Sharia. The council went far to recall the incident that his grand father was a known rubber in Anbar province that used to be a British agent ..

Any how I think this is to flag another sign of the Maliki move toward dealing with the core problems regarding security issues.

Today the Anbar up rise council held a news conference . Shiekh Abo reasha recited an announcement by the council which showed commitment to fight Alqaeda by the council tribes leaders and denounced all those who support it. They also declared that they will file a court case against Aldharee for his shameful accusations against the council. The council sent a request to the Aldharee's clergy association to find a replacement to hi. They also asked Shikh Ahmed Alkubaisee "the founder of the association after the fall of sadam" to return back from UAE and take responsibilities to lead the Sunni asochiation. Finally the council asked the tribe of Zubaa to clarify their views toward what Aldharee is doing and the criminal acts by those who work near by to Zubaa home land north west of Baghdad. Other wise the council and it's supporters of tribes members would consider the tribe responsible.

The conference was joined by two prominent Shia Shikhs from central Iraq. One of them explained to the reporters the complexity of the Arab Iraqi society and the mix among tribes clans among Shia and Sunni. He mentioned more than ten main tribes that have their sons mixed Sunni and Shia including his own. It was very interesting listings that some I didn't know

I think this development of get the tribal leaders get he intiative in fighting terrorists, is a striking success by the maliki Government who ,from day one, went to encourage such envolvment.. Today the council of Anbar is bringing more attention and so the denouncing.. One can trace the western media which seems unhappy with such unifying move in Iraqi war on terror. Some thing similar to reaction by Sunni Arab religous parties where Aldharee's comments came into action.

I don't know if Maliki plans to move the line of fault from the current secterian to the more realist tribal one, will get the chances to fly. Any how it is making a lot of sence in changing the dynamics of such very dengrous conflict being based on religous secterian flags. One of the most serious issues is the fact that the more secterian violance would be, the more boosting the religous parties are getting as protectors to their communities. While on the tribal conflict, there is no idiological dimentions to such conflict. This byitself make much easier to be contained on a pragmatic mutual interest bases.

Things are moving so fast in Iraq.. I couldn't catch

-The prave up rise by Arab Sunni tribes in Anbar

-The high education mass kidnapping and the firm stand by the Government toward the criminals who did it.

-The court warrant against the extremist Sunni Shikh Aldharee and it's consequences

-The visit of Maliki to Turkey

-The visit by Syrian foreign Minister and the recognition by Syrians to the current political process

-The visit of Talabani to Tehran

-The meeting of Bush/Maliki in Amman next week

Many others that might not draw special attention.

I have a feeling that we are racing our destiny and going over a very critical challenge.. Iraqi patience is running so thin, and the big bang is no more couple of months away if things keep running same way.

I think the unity disfunctioning governemnt dynamics of broadly diversified government that has non homogenous agenda , isn't going to work while we are fighting one of the most brutle enemy from within.

Kurd's legislator Mr. Mahmoud Uthman , put it very clear yesterday in front of the parliament " it is not going to work". As Maliki cried in the face of the parliament members last week " You need to decide, either to be with the political process or against it , it is not accepted that you are with it in the morning and join the militia or Sadamist or terrorists in the night"

The barave Up rise in Anbar is creating a new situation. Most sunni religous parties felt so threatened by such local tribes move. Arab Sunni , like most Iraqis, feel fed up with all those who invest in their suffering to get political gains. As I expected , the Iraqi Arab sunni reaction toward the Aldharee warrant was very limited and mostly within some Sunni religious political parties and for pure political reasons. It was a good test to Maliki government that sent a very strong message that there will be zero tolerance to those who encourage the terrorists acts in Iraq and try to work against the political process through touring the neighbor countries deep puckets and shamefully supporting the killers of Iraqis.

The high education Ministry kidnapping was nailed to be by those who tried to discredit the government. The Interior minister put it clearly that the criminals got help from the the ministery protection guard " non police " . Each ministry or government organization has it's own squad " that might turn to be a death one ".! According to the security commission head in the parliament, there are more than 200 such teams that the governemnt has no control. These are miltia within the governement..

Then the smart visit to Turkey by Maliki. We need to get Turkey involved more in Iraq. Turkey has a lot of national interest in keeping Iraq away from chaos and breakup. Both concerns have disastrous reflects on the multi ethnic secular country that keeps a significant markets in Iraq.

Then came the visit by Mr. Moalim of Syria.. It was a full recognition to the political process by the leader of Arab radicals. It is very important to come just after the warrant of Aldharee who tried to make this warrant as punishment by the "American puppets" in Iraq for his " RESISTANCE" stands.

I think we have no choice but to work hard to support the strong leadership of the democratically elected Government .. It is now the only hope. That is why the arrows of all enemy of new Iraq are pointing toward it .There is a huge propaganda trying to link the Maliki governemnt disfunctioning to inability and not the due to the dynamics of unity based establishment.. I admitt that they might be gaining some success but the game is not over yet. This might creat enough reasoning to give Maliki more say on his government. Some thing I feel criticle in the next months. Rather than re inventing a wheel that we don't know through looking for some magic strong governemnt, we might as well think of making the current ellected governemnt strong. At least it will gain the support of amjority of Iraqis who want to live in poeace and build their country.

That is why Bush paying a special visit to Jordan next week to show support and discuss face to face the long list of needs by Maliki

We are running out of last chance before the big bang.. Remember this and we shouldn't blame any but our selves!!

One week ago , I warned against that deadly wrong message that the Sadamists are getting by the win of the Democrates in the US ellections. Seems today that they are not saving time.. the Sader city sluaghtering is a real example.

They know that time is not going to their favour. Their Syrian back ups are moving fast in the other direction. Bush is meeting Maliki to study the hand over of security to Iraqi governemnt forces. And there is growing concern by Sadamists that Americans might choose to cut and run before excecuting their last job that was asked for by the Arab Allies " the wipping out of Alsaderees"!.

What is needed ..? The country is moving so fast into the big explosion , Alsadree might choose to disband their peaceful resistance to go after the Americans .. Today I heard so many of their local leaders claiming that these crimes can't be happening without cooperations between US military and Sadamists on a deal that was struck to keep Sadamists away from American soldiers.. Of course this is no more than a myth, but in a city that lost more than two hundereds in one day while Americans are shelling their neighborhood seeking for militia men, such stories might trigger a lot of justifications. In the morning, Sader city residents reproted that Americans had open fire on a mini bus carrying early morning workers in this poor city, killing five and wounding others.

I don't think Alsader him self is able any more to block local Sadrees from taking their options in defending them selves. I am sure this would be the goals of the criminals. But let us think what If Sadrees choose to stop their passive reacts, till now, to the coalition attacks on their city.

I am assure you that what we witnessed of insurgents would be no more than kids games. Coalition forces have the fire and power but where this would lead us.?

Muqtada Alsader in a smart move today asked Sunni extremist Shikh Aldharee to prove his innocence of any relation to Alqaeda and it's criminal acts in Iraq by announcing in public three religious fatwas

1- To forbid the killing of Shia

2- to forbid the work for Qaeda

3- To call for the rebuild of the Samaraa golden Mosques..

The reply was very immediate.. The full refusal by the Sunni extremist scholar association deputy, Sheikh a lfaidee.. He said that it is their responsibility to forbid working for Muslim groups. As for forbidding Shia kill, he said it is our policy to forbid the killing of Muslims " by the way Salafee Jihadist don't consider Shia as Muslims".. He never mentioned the Samara Mosque..

Though most Iraqis look to Alsader as a non experienced radical . However, the recent political stands by him, specially the choosing of going into the political process in the last election, was considered as a sign of beginning of maturity.

His call yesterday to Shiekh Aldharee, came as another shroud move. Aldharee is touring the gulf states asking for money to support the "RESISTANCE", so the call is to impress those Golf states who are claiming that they are supporting the Sunni and not the terror in Iraq. What Muqtada ia saying, if they are really want to support Sunni, then at least they should put the condemning of Qaeda, who is responsible for trigering sectarian violence in Iraq, as a condition. Failing to do that means they are no difference than Qaeda.

It is a very clear message that both Americans and Arabs in ME are agreeing on.It would cut Aldharee claims of not supporting Qaeda in Iraq..

The Iranian propaganda is working so hard over the last 24 hours triggering the concerns that the Americans are behind the the resent attacks on Alsader. I need to admit that they made a lot of success raising concerns among average people. The way this car bombs were planned, was so professional that needs a lot of skills to generate the most possible casualties. The places were chosen to create the highest traffic james on the main intersections so as to block the wounded from reaching the hospitals.

I personally think that this is most likely the planning of Sadam former intelligence personals who knew these details

As per some contacts with some residents in Alsader city, the population over there are on their top level of grieve. I think any action by coalition forces in the next days against the city would get the situation worse.

We need to work hard to cool the situation down.. Today Alsadrees legislator threatened to withdraw from the government if Maliki proceed in his plans to meet with President Bush.. It is a very stupid move , but I don't know to what extent this legislator is representing the whole Sadrees. Muqtada him self didn't refer to this in his speech yesterday.

I think this reflect the division within Alsadrees on which to blame for this savage incident.

Yesterday an old friend sent me a message asking if I had lost my sense writing about those sadamist sick mind of Americans being involved in a plan to wipe out Alsadrees. This is not mine, as it is clear from my post. What I was saying is that the win of Democrats is triggering a lot of concerns/hopes by different political groups. Without a clear mandate by the congress to President Bush on a clear agreed policy in Iraq, such confusion would reflects more blood in Baghdad streets.