Baghdadee بغدادي

The Battle of Baghdad (Law Enforcement)

Where Almidan and Alfadil "neighboring "are controlled by Qaeda terrorists "specially the egyptians"

http://www.elaph.com/ElaphWeb/Politics/2006/12/195399.htm

In Arabic, The Egyptian interior ministery announced the capture of members a seceret organization " including nine Begums, two frenchs , one American, Tunisians, syrians and egyptians nationalities" that facilitates and helps sending Egyptians Jihadist of Qaeda to Iarq. They live in Egypt under status of students of Religous and Arab fields.

France security officials already found that many of French Jihadist who commited suicids against Iraqis had made Cairo as one of their trip stations.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush Is Weighing Options for New Strategy in Iraq, Aide Says

Some senior Democratic senators, who will be in the majority when Congress convenes next month, said yesterday that the administration continues to move too slowly in pressing Iraqis to assume control of their security and future.

"I'd do the opposite of what the president did a month ago, when he picked up the phone and called Prime Minister Maliki and said, 'Don't worry, we're staying,' " Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.), who is considering a presidential bid, told ABC. "I'd pick up the phone and say, 'You know what, we're not staying forever. You need to start getting your act together.' "

I fully agree with Sen. Bayh, however I would recommend a very minor change. rather than telling Maliki such compelling message , this need to be passed in up most firm confirmation, . "'You know what, we're not staying forever. You need to start getting your act together through the Iraqi unified government ."

I am sure if such message is conveyed seriously through Khalil Zadeh to the Sunni political and religious leaders , not maliki , then the whole dynamics will be different. Today Sunni extremists are relying on the Americans to bring them back to power. They are betting on perception that Americans can't make the hard choice of moving security responsibility to Iraqis to deal with. They think Americans are still suspicious of such move to end up with majority Shia control of the government. So they think that more intimidation to the Americans through igniting sectarian war and killing more Iraqis, would do the job of forcing the American being left with no choice but to get them back to rule Iraq.

If they see their terror acts is indeed making Americans to go for the other choice , we would see a completely different course!

I wrote..

Iraqi legislator Almutlec , a former Farm manager to Sadam's wife, told Suadi sponsored Elaph news website that his slate " 3 seats" are moving to establish a coalition with Sader, Alawee and Alfadheela in addition to some radical clerics and former Sadam army officers

In a written letter to same suadi web site, Alwawee denounced such claim by Al Mutlec. Alawee rep wrote that such proposals are still under very early stage of talks and it should not be distant away from the main slates and to support the governement, not as Mutlec pre mature announcement.

I think Alawee is moving away from such coalition because he is involved with the talks of forming a broad parliament coalition to support the governement, some thing that Hardely already proposed in his memo as a proposal to Support Maliki.

Today Alhakim after meeting President Bush refered to such goal.

This odea of bringing all moderate parties under strong coalition away from secterian and race is getting more attention. Those who choose to stay away will find it very hard to survive.

Bush Urges Shiite Leader to Support Premier

By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG

NT article about the Bush-Hakim meeting..

Mr. Hakim, who wears the black turban of a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad, has close ties to Iran. He remarked last week that if Iraq deteriorated into civil war, Sunni Arabs would be the “biggest losers” — a comment that was widely interpreted as a veiled threat to Sunnis. He is also the main Shiite leader pushing to partition the country into autonomous regions, a proposal that Mr. Bush and Mr. Maliki strongly oppose.

I have no comment but to feel so disgusted for such main stream media writers. First of all, as I already mentioned in my last comments , It was very clear to every body, not mentioning a prophesional writer, that such remark was a make of Suadi sopnsered Arabia TV quoting Hakim in his meeting with king of Jorden. Such claim by Arabia was denounced both by the royal spokesman and Hakim him self. Many Iraqi analysists considered as part of media propaganda trying to help secterian violance.

As for the federal system " not partition the country" , every one knew that it is a constitutional mandate that 70% of Iraqis voted for..

Typical Westren Sadamist propaganda..Have a look at another one

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...1565676,00.html

The Bush administration's main goal in Iraq at the moment is to halt the sectarian killings — blamed in large part on Shi'ite militias, including the armed wing of Hakim's own party, the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq. Known as the Badr Organization, the militia was formed in Iran during the Saddam era, and it is known to take guidance (and, some of its critics allege, perhaps even its orders) from Tehran. U.S. officials have been pressing the Iraqi government to disarm such militias. The President brought up that suggestion at his breakfast meeting with al-Maliki in Jordan, only to be swiftly rebuffed. And that's exactly the reaction Bush is likely to have gotten from al-Hakim.

Over the last couple days , most Iraqi officials media , political parties and legislators were heavily involved in assessing the Baker Hamilton's report. That is also the reason that drove me a way from contributing lately. I already printed the long report and went through most of it. While reading through it, I tried my best to take my self away from prejudgments, conspiracy theory and personal short minded aspects of evaluation. Over the last couple days I heard many different views by Iraqi politicians , both with and against, both half with/half against. They were different, mostly because they were expressing their personal interests and so trying to measure it to their partial views. However, what I noticed is that though most of them kept repeating that this is not a obligatory to US and Iraqi government, yet I can feel the belief among them that it represents the broad road map that US administration to follow. Not for any reason but because it represent the least possible agreeable agenda of the election after math.

President Talabani remarks today were not exception. Kurds were outraged with recommendations of softening the referendum in Kirkuk and to have stronger hold by the central government on the oil revenue of the NEW oil wells that the constitution amendments might regulated later .

I fully understand the Kurd fears, they already experienced many US bit falls before and they might be under impression that such stands by such high ranking committee is nothing but asign to shift the course that till now is going in their favor. The call by President Bush for the Shia majority leader and the Sunni Arab Islamic party leader might echoed their fears. I think a third invitation to Barazani might lessen the concerns as what the extended invitation to Vice president Hashimee did to Sunni Arabs.

Personally, I didn't see any major concern with the report. My assessment is that it is a good CONSULTANTs report. It might included some non realistic recommendations , but for sure it represents a high level global solution.

It brought a lot of good points that need to be high lighted and exposed to further discussion. It's main great achievement is that it pin pointed the two big mistakes in handling the Iraqi file by US . The declaration of Occupation status and The unexplainable delay in rebuilding the Iraqi Army.

Many Sunni Arab radicals showed real concern with the firm stand by the committee to condition the American engagement in Iraq on progress in disbanding violence and successes in the conciliation process. Though the committee was referring to the government efforts, the insurgents fully understood the damaging consequences of such disengage on possibility of achieving their dreams of any possible return in taking over Iraq again! I think President Bush will have a very unique opportunity to convey such message to Mr. Hashimy in his planned visit. US blood would not be used to fuel the Sadamists ambitions. Alhashimee would be more than happy to get the message back . There will be no reward for killers..Either accept sharing of power, or be disbanded and left to your distany of on ground realities..

http://freemuslims.org/blog/index.php?id=2720

Interesting article by FreeMuslim blogger.. The writer assumes that Debaathification is targeting Sunni Arab. Indeed more than 50% of Baathists who were included by it's regulations were Shia Arab. The question is why these Shia Arab didn't use violance ? The writer being misled by main stream media, assumed that those who are harboring Zarqawee are the Sunni Arab. Any one who knows Sunni arab , would tell him that Zarqawee and Qaeda found their harboring within Sadamists and former intellegence and security personals. The demands by some Sunni Arabs radicles were not motivated by allianation, they were motivated by loss of domination. The Iraqi constitution and governemnts had given all Iraqis including Sunni Arabs same rights on equel bases, some thing that upset these radicles. They want to keep the course of allinating others.

Today Mr. Adnan Aldulaimee, head of Tawafuc sunni Arab religous slate, is calling US adminstration to protect Sunni Arab. His concern is that current situation might derive Americans to disengage . Such concerns might work very good for tomorrow's meeting of Bush and Hashimee. The message need to be " Americans will be standing with you as much as you stand with your self and support Iraq unity and disband Qaeda".. Altawafuc Dulaimee never reply to Alsader call of calling of denounce of Qaeda.

Iraqis beat South Korea to gain final berth

"They had only one chance in the first half and it was a goal," South Korea's Dutch coach, Peter Verbeek, said

It is another flag day, for unity , courage and unity.. the millions of Iraqis who follow this breath taking game , have only one thing in mind , IRAQ. They don't care if the scoring player is Shia or Sunni, Arab or Kurds, Moslims or non.

It is a day of unity , let us celebrate, for one day at least, A rare one

Under the plan, the government would have direct command of the two Iraqi divisions in the Baghdad area in the next several months — a timeline that had been pressed by the Iraqis but that the American military has viewed as overly optimistic.

The divisions would be reinforced by two largely Kurdish brigades that are to be sent from Sulaimaniya and Erbil, in northern Iraq. That would amount to several thousand more troops. The training and equipping of the forces would be expedited, Mr. Rubaie said.

Security efforts in Baghdad would focus on seven neighborhoods. (Iraqi officials declined to list them.) There would be fewer checkpoints but they would be better protected. Leaders of death squads would be hunted down.

American troops on the periphery of Baghdad would stop suicide bombers and other terrorists before they penetrated the city. Efforts to prevent infiltration of the capital have not been very successful, partly because the Iraqi military has not adequately staffed the checkpoints, American officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/13/world/mi...t/13troops.html

Iraq Army Plans for a Wider Role

Over the last three weeks , dynamics are changing. Though looks still gloomy, the situation on ground is moving so fast in other direction.

There are now a serious talks and leaks of a possible new very strong unifying Parliament front that include Moderate Shia, Kurds and Sunni Arab that support Almaliki new government. The new government is seems to come up soon with no parties or sect lines . A Maliki aid told news reporters that he is heavily involved with final touches.

Alhakim, Hashimi and the two kurds parties are the one who will form the front, efforts to include Aldawa party too.

The conciliation conference is expected on 12/16 and the military new plan is almost in action. Alchalbi visited Syria for first time since 2003, and a security serious deal is planned to be signed this week to firmly "Syrian style" close of the boarders.

Almaliki efforts to play the tribal game, is getting much success.. Diala province tribal front is in emerge to fight back Alqaeda.

So many things , so many fronts.. Let us wait and see.. The Iraqi football team achievements in the Asian olympics , is making all necessary background for the coming big announcements!

Let us wait and see..

Set a date to leave Iraq and buy some leverage

Interesting article

"The only hope of moving the factions inside Iraq, not to mention Syria and Iran, toward reconciliation is if we have leverage over them, which we now lack. The currency of Middle East politics is pain. And right now, all the pain is being inflicted on us and on Iraqi civilians. Only if we tell all the players that we are leaving might we create a different balance of pain and therefore some hope for a diplomatic deal. Trying to do diplomacy without the threat of pain is like trying to play baseball without a bat.

"

I already talked about changing dynamics.. Today those who are igniting violance , are doing it for one reason. That is to have it's outcome working for them. They think that more violance will creat an evironment that make it possible for them to take over through intimidating the American will.. If they feel that such violance is doing nothing but to make Iraqis taking over, then we might see a complete different course..

With each step President Bush is moving in that direction, supporting Maliki governemnt, the Arab anti new Iraq media goes further in creating propaganda to lessen the impact of such message.

Lately , the visit by Hashimi was interpreted by Suadi sponsored Elaph media, as a change in the American policy to move Maliki away!!

Bush talks to the Kurds today is complying with my last request.. Kurds can do a lot to stabalize the country..

The Asian soccer/football finals came to an end . Iraqis stood united in supporting their team. A team that include the Sunni attacker, the Shai middle and the kurd defense. Alsader's city kids playing shoulder to shoulder to Annbar to Kirkuk to Dohouk's .. Hard to tell who is who, same when it comes to their fans in Adhamia, Falouja, Kadhimia , sader, Irbil, Basrah or any other city or town , you can't tell who is thrilled more by the win.. After all successes , Iraqis chose to give up with silver..

It was a great message to all those who bet on dividing this nation that was united over all it's six thousands years old.

Tomorrow the conciliation conference with more than 200 political figures including some former Baathists will take hold in Baghdad. All files will be open and the agenda is how to reach a common understanding.

On the other front, Qatar organized a meeting in Istanbul/Turkey for those Sunni extremists who reject the current political process including alqaeda friend Sheikh Aldharee not mentioning the Jihadist clergy from Suadi and Pakistan. The surprise was the participation of Dr. Alduliamee , the head of Sunni tawafuc slate. He had a very upsetting . I think this came as a reaction to the great achievement that the Islamic party "main Sunni party in tawafuc" is reaching an agreement with other Shia and Kurds to form a united front in the parliament to support Al maliki in forming the new government that is not sect based. Mr. Dhafer Alani , of the Islamic party critisized the speach, calling for a unifing message.

The mass kidnapping hited central baghdad market place of Sinak on Alrashid street. This time more details were reported by withnesses. Some went to say that the kidnappers were not discreminating between people. One witness quoted a kidnapper " Black, white, all up to the trucks". Others reported that the near by Police and Army check points didn't intervene, not mantioning the US army who take sole responsibility in the center Baghdad. The witnesses agrre that the kidnappers were behaving so confident and relax. Most of the kinnaped were shops owners. Last mass kidnapping at a High education office was rooted to those who are trying to demolish the governement credibility..

if there is some one that might take credit to the current change in Iraqi dynamics, then it should be President Bush.

He was the one who cut it short through opening the direct channel with PM Maliki by passing even the American embassy.. That was a critical move forward to show the ultimate support. The main problem in Iraq today is the lack of strong leadership at the government level. In country with long history of dictatorship, strength always linked with power. There is no more power than having the most powerful president on earth clearly standing with you.

Today's Maliki's conciliation conference was another mile stone. He was so clear in denouncing sadamists and Takfeeri who had their hands full of Iraqis blood, at same time he was clear too in calling for all those who lost their jobs in the former Army and other security organization, to join other Iraqis in defending their country and the new democratic free system.

This shroud move, is considered as just in time , after the new change by Syrians toward Iraq. the former Baathists are seriously thinking of the new dynamics and they need to move forward to join others like any Iraqi.

No detail about yje attendees but some names like the former field marshal Thamir Sultan , one of the most prominent officers during Sadam's era, was circulated . The head of the former army committee , General Alsalihi, put it clear that all the officers were brave Iraqi that should be allowed to serve their country and fight all those Sadamists and terrorists . Those who can't join, for any reason, need to get their full pension package and support.

There were other lines regarding the constitution, political sharing and dealing with militia committees.

It is too early to evaluate the results and the impacts, but it will be a very critical mile stone in isolating more Iraqis from the Sadamists gangs and Qaeda affiliates. It was astonishing that prominent rep of the opposition , Dr. Almashhadani, called in the news confrence for having more power in Maliki hands, he said " We really trust him"!

The proposal of sending more American troops seems to me not a good one. My personal first reaction was unwelcoming. Iraqis today are raising hopes that Maliki-Bush agreement on expediting the transfer of security file responsibility. Such a move, even temporary, will be looked at as a draw back from that plan.

Those who rose such proposal might have a point though. The situation in Baghdad is worsening and there is a need for a quick action. Is sending more American troops the solution? I doubt it..

The solution is not a military one only , it is political too.

Such move by the Americans needs Iraqi approval, such think that might be very hard to get. Some narrow mind Sunni Arabs might welcome it, hopping such move would be toward the Alsaderees. Some Shia Arab too might welcome such move, hopping it would root out the Qaeda and Sadamists. In reality, Americans might stuck in balancing between the two . They can't fight both at same time. If they step against the Sadrees, conspiracy would tell Shia that this is to make the way open for the Sadamists to take over later. If they step on the Qaeda and Sadamists, the Sunni Arab would think that this will expose them to the Mehdi Army..

On the other hand such move will be interpreted as a blow out to maliki plans, some thing that would weaken his strong leadership

I think Maliki plan of gradually keeping American forces away from the direct contact inter Baghdad affairs while building Iraqi forces , specially with his call for former Iraqi army officers to join the new army. Such move would give Sunny Arab some confidence that stability is not working against them.

http://baghdadee.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...=135entry7256

Pay attention, what did you give to Iraq, what did you give to your brothers in Iraq, be asleep? The fire will spread out. It is a plan for 50 year to spread out Shaisim. The Shia-sation of the region and build the Persian empire, under the cover of Shias, under the name of Islam, and Islam has nothing to do with them [iMPLYING THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS].

The above translation by BahirJ is not a Bin Ladin, not Zaraqawee or Zawahiree, it is a the leader of the Tawafuc Sunni Arab slate , Adnan Aldulaimee, talking to his Qaeda affiliats from Suadi Arabia, Pakistan, Qatar and to his Qaeda friend Aldharee in the Istanbul confrence, sponsored by Qatar.

No comment other than what a great suunni arab politician said

"Those who screem from the the 5 star hotels , need toask themselves about who is sponsoring such expensive meetings and how does such approach help Iraq. It is all about money and to get more by using Iraqi sufferings"