Baghdadee بغدادي

Letters from Um Zahraa رسالئل من ام زهراء

baghda

تحية طيبة نبعثها لكم من العراق الحر الى أمريكا الخضراء , كيف كالكم و حال الأخت العزيزة و الصغار الحلوين , الجميع بخير و هم يسلمون عليكم و خاصة أمي و زهراء و يدعون لكم بالموفقة دائما و شكرا على عيديه زهراء .

الأوضاع عندنا غير مستقرة و صوت الانفجارات يوميا و فقدان الامن و مشاكل الغاز و النفط و البنزين حيث وصلت قنينة الغاز خمسة آلاف دينار و تنكة النفط آلفين و انقطاع التيار الكهربائي كل ثلاث ساعات او كل ساعتين كل هذه الضر وف و لكن ترى الناس مرتاحين بصورة عامة و عندما يتكلمون يتكلمون بكل حرية و راحة بال كل من نعرفهم يفضلون بقاء الأمريكان خوفا من رجوع صدام و أعوانه و في البداية كانوا يحتمون بالأمريكان و يصافحوهم و يسلمون عليهم و هم فرحانين لانهم أنقذوهم من براثين الظلم و لكن الإرهابيين بدئوا بضرب الناس اللذين يتكلمون مع الأمريكان او الذي يؤيدهم مما أرعب الناس و لكن مع ذلك لا يريدون من الأمريكان ترك البلاد خوفا من صدام .

آمي كانت تحب صدام و لكن ألان لا تريد ان تسمع اي شيء عنه لما سمعت عنه و عن جرائمه و تتمنى ان يبقى الأمريكان و يذهب صدام للجحيم .

ام زينب تقول كنت في التكسيي عندما بدا يتكلم صاحب التاكسي عن الأوضاع و عن الغلة و عن كيلو اللحم اصبح سبعة آلاف دينار و انه لا يؤمن على نفسه عندما يخرج الى حين رجوعه فقالت له و لكن اسالك بالرغم من كل هذه الماسي التي تواجهك هل تريد صدام ان يرجع قال و بقوة لا لا نريده فقالت له آذن هو أهون الشرين قال نعم .

بعد الحرب بعدة شهور عندما رجع طلاب الكلية الى مقاعد الدراسة قالت صديقة زهراء و اسمها رؤى للكلية جاء احد الضباط الأمريكان و اخذ يتكلم مع الطلاب عن الوضع الأمني و كان احد الطلاب قد اخفظ رأسه فقال له الضابط ( ارفع رأسك أنت اراكي ) فضحك الطلاب و اخذ يصفقون و بعد عدة ايام كتب على جدار كلية المأمون الأهلية و بخط واضح و كبير و بالخط الأحمر ( ارفع رأسك أنت عراقي ) و يراها المارة .

في الصيف الماضي كنت مع ام سرى في السوق و وضعنا المسواق في عربانة يدفعها طفل عمره عشر سنوات و صدفة و نحن نمشي معه في الطريق سألناه هل تحب صدام و لكن صمت و لم يتكلم فقلت له انا صحفية و أريد رأيك و سترى اسمك غي الجريدة فضحك و قال لا احب صدام لانه عمل المقابر الجماعية و لا ندري بها .

تقول ام زينب ان أهم شيء هو اننا ألان عندما نتكلم في الشارع لا نتلفت الى الوراء بل نتكلم بكل ثقة و حتى بالتلفون حيث لا رقيب علينا الفتيات بصورة عامة يحبون الأمريكان و هم لا يصدقون عندما يتكلمون معهم لاني سالت البنات و قالوا ان الأمريكان عندما جاءوا يفتشون مدرستهم و ذلك عندما سمعوا ان قنبلة موقوتة فيها يقولون ان الفتيات فرحوا و الأمريكان يفتشون جنطهم و البعض اخذ يتكلم معهم بإعجاب .

في التلفزيون العراقي قالوا ان اثنين من الأمريكان قد اشهروا إسلامهم و تزوجوا فتاتين من بغداد و قبل فترة عندما ذهبت زهراء الى بيت أم صالح أخبرتها عمتها بان جيرانهم قد تزوجت امريكي بعد ان اشهر إسلامه و رأت زهراء بيت الفتاة و هو قريب من السوق و هذا ثالث زواج و صديقات زهراء يقولون ان اغلب الطلاب يحبون الأمريكان و يرحبون بهم في الكلية .

سالت طالبين في الصف الثاني متوسط واحد مسيحي و اسمه مجد و الآخر مسلم و اسمه حيدر و والده أستاذ جامعي فقلت لهم هل تحبون الأمريكان قالوا نعم و لكن حيدر قال كنت أتمنى أم يبقى صدام لعدة اشهر فقلت له لماذا فقال حتى نحصل على لجوء سياسي ام ألان فلا نستطيع الحصول على اللجوء السياسي فقلت لهم و لكن هل تحبون ان يرجع صدام و بصوت واحد و قوي قالوا لا لا نريد ان يرجع

قبل عدة ايام رأيت أم ثعبان و كنت ذاهبة الى المدرسة فسالت عليكم ثم سألتها عن حالها قالت و بصوت عالي نحن بخير سلام الله على الأمريكان لا بعثية و لا حزبية و نحن بخير ما دام الأمريكان موجودين و كنت مستعجلة فسلمت عليها و ذهبت و قالت سوف آمر عليكم قريبا و الحقيقة هي ان الناس فرحانين لان الأمريكان هم السبب لإنقاذهم من جحيم صدام لانه كان أخطبوط و مستحيل التخلص منه و لكن الحمد لله و بإرادة الله تعالى تم إنقاذنا من هذا الأخطبوط اللعين و نتمنى ان ترجع الأمور كسابق عهدها في الستينات و لكن بدون صدام و يرجع الأمريكان الى بلدهم و العراق يحكم نفسه و بنفسه و الشرطة العراقية لا تقصر في عملها و لكن الإرهابيين يحاولون ضرب الشرطة و الشرطة مصرة على العمل من اجل عراق حر و آبي

لا ادري هل هذا هو المقصود هناك حوادث عجيبة و اشياء كثيرة سوف اكتبها بالتسلسل اجو ان توضح لي ما تريده اكثر في رسالة قصيرة عسى ان تكون بسطر واحد لكي افهم الموضوع اكثر .

و تقبلوا قبلاتي و قبلات والدتي و زهراء لكم جميعا

و السلام

Guest Guest_Mutergem

Translating Um Zahra's:رجمه رساله ام زهراء

Greetings from free Iraq to green America. How are our sister and kids. Every one here sends best regards especially my mother and Zahraa and pray for your well being. Thank you for Zahraa Eid treat.

The situation is not stable, every day explosions and lack of security, problems in fuel and gas where the propane tank is 5000 dinar, and kerosene tank 2000 dinar and the electricity shut off each three or two hours..All this and people are feeling the comfort in general as when they talk now they are free and very relaxed. All those whom we know are preferring the stay of the Americans, they are afraid of Saddameeds come back. At the beginning they were seeking Americans protection and greeting them happily because they rescued them from tyrant , but the terrorists frightened them by starting to hit those who talks with Americans. Nevertheless, people don't want Americans to leave.

My mother was admirer of Saddam, but now she doesn't want to hear any thing about him , that is because she know now what crimes he has done. She wants the Americans to stay in Iraq and for Saddam to go to badWord.

UmZainab "mother of Zainab" said that she was riding a taxi, and the driver started to complain about the mess and the prices of meat being 7000 dinar and that he doesn't feel secure till he gets home.Um Zainab asked him if he would like Saddam to come back because of all the bad situation. He immediately replied ,NO we don't want him back. She said to him , then That is a worse less than worst.

Months after the war, when university students had come back to school, a friend of Zahra, Ruoa, told her that there were some Americans officer in the school and was talking to students about the security situation..He noticed that one of the students had his head staring at the ground..The officer immediately shouted at him " hold your head up high , you are IRAQI".. The students laughed and started clapping. Several days later, somebody had written on the walls of Maamoon College, "Hold your head up high, you are Iraqi"

Last summer when I was in the market with Um Sora, we placed our groceries in a cart and a 10-year-old kid was pushing it. While walking, we asked him if he liked Saddam. The kid was dead quiet and he would not speak. I told him that i am a reporter, and I want his opinion and that i would write his name on the news. He smiled and said "I don't like Saddam because he made mass graves and we don't know about them."

Um Zeinab says that the most important thing is that now when we talk in the streets, we don't keep turning around, to check if somebody is watching us. Rather we talk with confidence even on the phone. There is no one watching our every move. The girls in general like the American soldiers and they have a hard time believing it when they speak to them.

On Iraqi TV, it was mentioned that two American soldiers got married to Baghdadee girls after they had converted to Islam. When Zahraa visited Um Salih , her aunt told her that their neighbor was married to an American soldier and Zahra went to visit that house. This was the third marriage. Zahra's friends said that most students like the Americans and welcome them.

I asked two students in my eight grade class, one of them is Christian by name Amjad, and other Muslim by name hayder, his father is a university professor, whether they like the Americans.They replied YES..But Hayder told me that he wanted Saddam to stay just some more months. When I asked him why?. He replied, " We were hopping to get asylum in one of the western countries, now we can't!".. I asked them , do you like to have Saddam come back? They immediately shouted NO NO we don't want him to come back.

Two days ago, I met "Un Thaaban" and when I asked her about her family she replied:"We are all good, God bless the Americans, there is no Baathee no party..We are good as far as American are here".I was in a hurry and she promised to drop by later. The fact is that people are very happy as they see Americans liberated them from Saddam.. Saddam was like an octopus and it was impossible to get out of him..But thanks to Alah and his will we all get rescued from that dammed octopus. We hope that things get restored as was the case in the sixties but without Saddam and Americans return back home safely and Iraq ruled itself and Iraqi police restored the order..The terrorists are attacking the policemen, however policemen are insisting on continuing their work for free Iraq with dignity.

I don't know if this was what it meant. There are so many stories that I will talk about in series.. Please let me know what exactly you want me to talk about in a brief letter , even one line so as to understand clearly what you would like to hear about.

Kisses from me, Zahraa and Mom to all of you.. Salam

officer immediately shouted at him " hold your head up high , you are IRAQI".. The students laughed and started clapping.

With such great mutual respect , I am sure we gona make it.. The free democratic Iraq for first time in history!

I am eager to hear every word uttered from the mouth of a free Iraqi. God bless you. I was so concerned that Iraqis would fail to understand our purpose, like many Vietnamese did. But, Iraqis understand freedom more than many Americans. Thank God. May your future be full of peace and dignity and freedom.

Guest Guest_Mutergem

Translating Guest's:

ترجمه تعليق ضيف

مع مثل هذا الاحتلرام المتبادل سوف ننجح بالوصول الى عراق الحريه والديمقراطيه

Translating Tom's:

تلرجمه تعليق توم

انا متوثب للاستماع الى كل هذه العطر من افواه العراقيين الاحرار. بارك الله فيك. كنت قلق جدا من ان العراقيين ربما لايفهمون مقاصدنا وكما فشل الكثير من الفيتناميين . ولكن العراقيين فهموا الدسمقراطيه اكثر من الامريكان. شكرا لله. اتمنى ان يكون مستقبلكم ملئ بالامان والكرامه والحريه

Salam...Greetings from Baghdad International Airport.

I'm an Arab American soldier here in Baghdad with the Army. I belong to a Civil Affairs unit here engaged in reconstruction work and would first off like to say I'm very enthused to see more and more Iraqis sharing their thoughts for the world community, and more importantly other Iraqis.

I'll post more later but I was hoping to get some help on two side projects. The first was seeing if Iraqis would be able to submit diaries of their experiences in Iraq in the last year, focusing on the war, reconstruction, their life...and their future dreams. I hope to send this back to people I know in the States (especially the Arab and Muslim American communities) to inspire them to get off their butts and come to Iraq to help this nation get back on its feet. Secondly I am in contact with an Iraqi American working for a organization that gets children in the US and other countries to participate in dialogue with one another. Teachers that have access to the internet would be of great value and I may be able to pull donations together to help pay for internet cafe access time here in Baghdad for interested teachers.

If you can hepl me out please email me at

mohammed.masry@us.army.mil

If you want to reach me by mail just give an envelope to any American soldier you see on the street, (no postage stamp needed from inside Iraq) with:

SGT OMAR MASRY

490 CIVIL AFFAIRS BN

APO AE 09335

THanks

(Please translate into arabic i dont have the software on this computer)

PS. I also have democracy/civic education guides (in arabic) that I would like help getting printed and sent out to schools (elementary-college level).

Guest Guest_Mutergem

Translating Omer's:

ترجمه تعليق عمر

سلام.. تحيه من مطار بغداد الدولي.

انا عسكري عربي امريكي هنا في بغداد مع الجيش. انا انتمي لوحده الامور المدنيه المهتمه باعاده الاعمار وابدا بالقول انني مبتهج لرؤيه عدد اكثر من العراقيين يشاركون افكارهم مع العالم وكذلك بشكل اكبر اهميه , مع بقيه العراقيين.

سوف اساهم لاحقا بشكل اكبر ولكني اريد المساعده في مشروعين جانبيين: الاول ان اعرف اذا كان العراقيين يستطيعون نشر يومياتهم عن السنه الماضيه مركزين على الحرب, اعاده الاعمار , حياتهم وكذلك احلامهم للمستقبل. انا اامل ان ابعث ذلك الى امريكا( خصوصا الى الجاليات الاسلاميه والعربيه) لتحريكهم من ابراجهم العاجيه للمجى الى العراق لمساعد شعبه في الوقوف على قدميه.

ثانيا انا اعمل مع احد العرب الامريكان الذي يتشغل مع مؤسسه للمساعده على استضافه الشباب العراقيين في امريكا وبقيه الدول لعمل حلقات حواريه. المدرسين يمكن ان يكونوا عاملا مساعدا مهما هنا واستطيع جلب بعض التبرعات لكي نساهم بغطيه كلف الجلسات في مقاهي الانترنت للمدرسين الذين يرغبون بذلك.

اذا كنتم تستطيعزن المساعده ارجوا ارسال ايميل على

mohammed.masry@us.army.mil

اذا اردتم الكتابه لي , يمكنكم اعطاء اي جندي تروه بالشارع رساله لي معنونه الى

SGT OMAR MASRY

490 CIVIL AFFAIRS BN

APO AE 09335

شكرا

..لدي ايضا نشريات حول الديمقراطيه مترجمه للعربيه واريد المساعده في ان يتم طبعها لتوزيعها على المدارس و الكليات

Um Zaharaa

Thank you so much for your posting. I am most interested in anything you would like to write about. I am an American Grandmother and I have so much hope for you and your people who have suffered too much for too long.

The sooner the thugs and terrorist who are undermining the electrical and gas and other progress in Iraq are gone, the faster your life will become better. It will be a long stuggle but you will be able to tell your greatgrandchildren how you rightfully and willfully stood on the side of freedom for their future.

Will the school children be able to learn how the rest of the world lives?

What do you hope for in the future, for women's rights?

warm regards

cicio

الأخ العزيز

تحيه طيبه كيف حالكم وحال الأخت العزيزه

لقد امسك بصدام وظهر على شاشة تلفزيون والحقيقة آني عندما رايته بهذا الشكل صدمت هذا القائد الكبير والذي كان يرحب الجميع أين ذلك العملاق الذي كان ينادي بالكرامة والقوه والشجاعة لقد ابهر العراقيين جميعا وخيب ظنهم به لاندري هل نفرح أم نتألم أم نرثي حاله لماذا عمل كل هذه الإعمال العدوانية والدموية الؤلمه وحروب مستمرة أرهقت شعبه من جهة وبث أعوانه في قتل المواطنين من جهة اخرى جعلهم يعيشون في خوف ورعب مدى 35عاما دمرت حياتهم ونفسياتهم وجعلهم يعيشون وفي داخلهم شئ اسمه الخوف والحقيقة ان جيلنا كان هو الضحية

ردود الأفعال بالنسبه للمواطنين كانت قويه ومعبره ونابعة من قلوب صادقه والبعض أدمعت عيناه لانه لم يصدق بأنه امسك بالطاغوت الذي أرعب الجميع ولوان البعض تألم عليه وضهرت مظاهرات تؤيده في ألا عظميه وباب المعظم والانفجارات اكثر واكثر من السابق في اليوم الثاني ذهبت الى المدرسة استقبلني بعض الطلاب وهنئوني فسالت أحدهم ما هو شعورك قال بارك الله بالأمريكان وقال الأخر انا حزين لاننا كنا نخاف من شخص أصلا هو جبان وخائف والأخر قال كيف كان يدعونا لمحاربة العلوج كما كان يسميهم فلماذا لم يحاربهم هو

اما رأي الناس فالبعض خائف لانه ربما لم يكن صدام والبعض كان يتمنى ان يمسكه العراقيين لا الأمريكان وفي التلفزيون ظهر القائد العسكري شيلز مع الصحفيين فقال له مندوب جريده النافي أهنئ الشعب العراقي واهنئ العزيز بول بر يمر لانه اصبح صديق عزيز للعراقيين واما رأي الناس في التلفزيون قال أحدهم نريده ان يعلق في ساحة التحرير وقال اخر نريد ان نقطعه كما قطع أبنائنا

خرج طلاب الكليات بمظاهرات ضد صدام وهم فرحين بهذا الحدث العظيم فقال أحدهم شكرا لدبليو بوش وشكرا للتحالف وسوف نبني بلدنا بيدينا

وقال اخر أهنئ صدام على اعتقاله وسوف أهنئه بعد فتره على إعدامه وكانت فرحة الطلبه واضحة وهم يرقصون ويهللون و يهنئون الشعب العراقي على هذا الحدث وقالوا انتهى صدام إذن سنعيش وقال اخر أهنئ العراقيين الشرفاء بهذا المناسبة العظيمة

احد طلاب مدرستي قال لي وهو متألم وجدو صدام ومعه علب من النستلات الاجنبيه وصندوق تفاح واخر برتقال والأخر موز فاجابه زميله طبعا يريد ان يداري نفسه

ظهر في تلفزيون العراق باسم الكر بلائي وهو بقراء على صدام قرايه وبصوت حزين وهي يا ظالم وتذاع كل فتره

تلفزيون العراق اسمه العراقية وفي أسفله كتب عبارة صغيره نورت عيني

Translating UmZehraa's Article

Dear Brother

Greetings... I hope you are feeling fine.

Saddam was captured yesterday and he appeared on the T.V. screen. Actually,

when i saw him in that manner, I was shocked. This magnificent leader who used to greet everyone. Where is that giant who used to speak out for self-dignity and power and courage. He stunned all of the Iraqis then disappointed them in him. Now, we don't know whether to be ecstatic or hurt

or to pity him. Why did he cause all those horrible and bloody non-stop wars, which made his people exhausted and caused the fear of many others over a long period of 35 years. It destroyed their lives

and souls and planted horror inside of them...The truth is, our generation was the victim of such atrocity.

The publics' reactions were very expressive and strong. Some got teary-eyed and could not believe that the tyrant who had horrified them for so long was indeed captured. Others pitied him and there were several rallies which supported him in

"al-athameya" and "bab-al-muatham" and the bombings increased. I went to school the next day, where i work, and some of the students greeted and congradulated me on his capture. I asked one of them how he felt and he said "God bless the American soldiers" and another one said that

he was sad because , all along, we have feared someone who is a horrified coward anyway. Another one wondered how come Saddam, the man who was a so-called warrior, did not fight back when he was attacked. Some of the people are scared that the captured man might not be Saddam and others wish that the Iraqis could have been the ones to capture him, not the Americans. The chief commander Shields had a conference on T.V. with some reporters. One of the reporters congradulated Paul Bramer as he has become a dear friend to the Iraqis. The people saw Saddam on T.V. and someone said "we want to hang him publicly in 'Sahat al-Tahreer'. Another said he wanted to cut him up like he cut up our children.

University students went out in massive rallies against Saddam and they were very happy about this great event. One of them said a special thank you to Bush and stated that Iraqis will reconstruct their country with their own hands.

Another congradulated him for Sadam's capture and hoped to congradualte him soon for Saddam's execution. Happiness showed a great deal when the students danced and uttered trills of joy and congradulated the Iraqi people on such a joyous occasion. One of them said " Saddam is finished , therefore we will live" and another said " I want to congradulate the honored Iraqis on such a happy occasion."

One of my students told me in sadness that they found Saddm with boxes of foreign chocolates, a box of apples, oranges and bananas. His classmate replied " of course, the guy takes care of himself."

Basim al-karbalai was on the Iraqi Television and he recited a poem called "ya thalim" ( you tyrant) in a very sad voice. It is frequently broadcasted on a chanel called "al-iraqia". Underneath it , he wrote a small phrase which left my eyes glowing.

• 2 years later...
الأخ العزيز

تحيه طيبه كيف حالكم وحال الأخت العزيزه

لقد امسك بصدام وظهر على شاشة تلفزيون والحقيقة آني عندما رايته بهذا الشكل صدمت هذا القائد الكبير والذي كان يرحب الجميع أين ذلك العملاق الذي كان ينادي بالكرامة والقوه والشجاعة لقد ابهر العراقيين جميعا وخيب ظنهم به لاندري هل نفرح أم نتألم أم نرثي حاله لماذا عمل كل هذه الإعمال العدوانية والدموية الؤلمه وحروب مستمرة أرهقت شعبه من جهة وبث أعوانه في قتل المواطنين من جهة اخرى جعلهم يعيشون في خوف ورعب مدى 35عاما دمرت حياتهم ونفسياتهم وجعلهم يعيشون وفي داخلهم شئ اسمه الخوف والحقيقة ان جيلنا كان هو الضحية

ردود الأفعال بالنسبه للمواطنين كانت قويه ومعبره ونابعة من قلوب صادقه والبعض أدمعت عيناه لانه لم يصدق بأنه امسك بالطاغوت الذي أرعب الجميع ولوان البعض تألم عليه وضهرت مظاهرات تؤيده في ألا عظميه وباب المعظم والانفجارات اكثر واكثر من السابق في اليوم الثاني ذهبت الى المدرسة استقبلني بعض الطلاب وهنئوني فسالت أحدهم ما هو شعورك قال بارك الله بالأمريكان وقال الأخر انا حزين لاننا كنا نخاف من شخص أصلا هو جبان وخائف والأخر قال كيف كان يدعونا لمحاربة العلوج كما كان يسميهم فلماذا لم يحاربهم هو

اما رأي الناس فالبعض خائف لانه ربما لم يكن صدام والبعض كان يتمنى ان يمسكه العراقيين لا الأمريكان وفي التلفزيون ظهر القائد العسكري شيلز مع الصحفيين فقال له مندوب جريده النافي أهنئ الشعب العراقي واهنئ العزيز بول بر يمر لانه اصبح صديق عزيز للعراقيين واما رأي الناس في التلفزيون قال أحدهم نريده ان يعلق في ساحة التحرير وقال اخر نريد ان نقطعه كما قطع أبنائنا

خرج طلاب الكليات بمظاهرات ضد صدام وهم فرحين بهذا الحدث العظيم فقال أحدهم شكرا لدبليو بوش وشكرا للتحالف وسوف نبني بلدنا بيدينا

وقال اخر أهنئ صدام على اعتقاله وسوف أهنئه بعد فتره على إعدامه وكانت فرحة الطلبه واضحة وهم يرقصون ويهللون و يهنئون الشعب العراقي على هذا الحدث وقالوا انتهى صدام إذن سنعيش وقال اخر أهنئ العراقيين الشرفاء بهذا المناسبة العظيمة

احد طلاب مدرستي قال لي وهو متألم وجدو صدام ومعه علب من النستلات الاجنبيه وصندوق تفاح واخر برتقال والأخر موز فاجابه زميله طبعا يريد ان يداري نفسه

ظهر في تلفزيون العراق باسم الكر بلائي وهو بقراء على صدام قرايه وبصوت حزين وهي يا ظالم وتذاع كل فتره

تلفزيون العراق اسمه العراقية وفي أسفله كتب عبارة صغيره نورت عيني

:ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure: <_<

Archived