Baghdadee بغدادي

Letters from Tom Grey رسائل توم كري

Great site, good job in setting it up.

I tried to open a new topic in Non-Iraqis, but didn't have permission.

So this is my first post.

Suggestions: a getting started topic with just hints on what to do, first, especially for Iraqis (in Arabic), prolly best with at least a translation of the English buttons.

I hope Iraqi bloggers lead in the Iraqi pressure for democracy, but especially towards free speech.

And include both thanks and criticism of US & coalition soldiers, who do good (hopefully mostly) and (hopefully only ocassionally) make mistakes -- like humans.

I thank you for having an Iraqi board!

Good luck, you're blogrolled for me.

Tom Grey

Guest Tom Grey

[Tom here]: the above was me, too. Next is what Baghda wrote:

Thanks Tom.

A topic in your name had been open under "Non Iraqis".. The way it works is by sending an email to open a topic in your name..This is only reserved for those inside Iraq.

شكرا توم

تم فتح موضوع باسمك .. الطريقه هي تبث لي ايميل لفتح موضوع باسمك. المحور للاشخاص داخل العراق فقط

>>[Tom again]

Copying this was cool, in the Arabic section it went from right to left. Beautiful characters, Arabic.

Here's my dream: A World Without Dictators. In my lifetime. Starting with free speech, everywhere.

Suggestion for Iraqis--start being PROUD that there are more Arab newspapers in Iraq than any other Muslim country. And that they can criticize anybody they want (I think???). Free speech is a step towards the end of any dictatorship -- which is why cowardly dictators suppress it.

Comments dreams suggestions?

Translating Tom's:

عمل جيد وموقع يستحق الجهد. حاولت ان افتح مقال تحت "لغير العراقيين" ولكن لم يكن يسمح لي.

هذه اول مشاركتي

اقترح ان يكون هناك صفحه للمساعد للمبتدئين في هذا الموقع لتبيان اسلوب العمل وبالعربيه. ارجوا ترجمه الازرار الى العربيه.

اامل ان تكون مثل هذه الحوارات اسلوبا مساعا نحو الديمقراطيه وتبادل الاراء. وان تتضمن المدح والذم لامريكا التي هي مثل اي شخص قد يخطئ وقد يصيب. اشكركم لهذا الموقع للحوار بالشان العراقي.. حظا سعيدا لقد منحتموني فرصه الحديث.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

لقد كان نسخ سؤالي ممتعا. والترجمه للعربيه جميله فالحروف تسير من اليمين الى اليسار. الحروف العربيه رائعه.

اليكم الحلم الذي اتامله: عالم بدون ديكتاتوريه.. اثناء حياتي. عالم تكون فيه حريه التعبير للجميع.

اقتراح للعراقيين. لديكم الحق ان تشعروا بالفخر فلديكم صحف بالعربيه اكثر من اي بلد عربي اخر وتستطيع ان تنتقد اي كان !!

حريه التعبير هو اول الطريق نحو انهاء الديكتاتوريه , هذا هو السبب في كونهم اعداء لها

اي اقتراحات ؟

It would be a great plus adding a hindu dimentions to this forum..The great deep historic relations between Arab and Hidu cultures need to have such direct and authentic contacts.

I visited your interesting web site.. BTW. Um in old Samatic languages means the mother , which might be related to your meanting of totality , as mother is considered in our cultures as the origin of every thing..

That is why Saddam used to have the slogan of "Um Almaarik" the mother of BAttels ;)

Salam...Greetings from Baghdad International Airport.

I'm an Arab American soldier here in Baghdad with the Army. I belong to a Civil Affairs unit here engaged in reconstruction work and would first off like to say I'm very enthused to see more and more Iraqis sharing their thoughts for the world community, and more importantly other Iraqis.

I'll post more later but I was hoping to get some help on two side projects. The first was seeing if Iraqis would be able to submit diaries of their experiences in Iraq in the last year, focusing on the war, reconstruction, their life...and their future dreams. I hope to send this back to people I know in the States (especially the Arab and Muslim American communities) to inspire them to get off their butts and come to Iraq to help this nation get back on its feet. Secondly I am in contact with an Iraqi American working for a organization that gets children in the US and other countries to participate in dialogue with one another. Teachers that have access to the internet would be of great value and I may be able to pull donations together to help pay for internet cafe access time here in Baghdad for interested teachers.

If you can hepl me out please email me at

mohammed.masry@us.army.mil

If you want to reach me by mail just give an envelope to any American soldier you see on the street, (no postage stamp needed from inside Iraq) with:

SGT OMAR MASRY

490 CIVIL AFFAIRS BN

APO AE 09335

THanks

(Please translate into arabic i dont have the software on this computer)

PS. I also have democracy/civic education guides (in arabic) that I would like help getting printed and sent out to schools (elementary-college level).

Guest Guest_Mutergem

Translating Omer's:

ترجمه تعليق عمر

سلام.. تحيه من مطار بغداد الدولي.

انا عسكري عربي امريكي هنا في بغداد مع الجيش. انا انتمي لوحده الامور المدنيه المهتمه باعاده الاعمار وابدا بالقول انني مبتهج لرؤيه عدد اكثر من العراقيين يشاركون افكارهم مع العالم وكذلك بشكل اكبر اهميه , مع بقيه العراقيين.

سوف اساهم لاحقا بشكل اكبر ولكني اريد المساعده في مشروعين جانبيين: الاول ان اعرف اذا كان العراقيين يستطيعون نشر يومياتهم عن السنه الماضيه مركزين على الحرب, اعاده الاعمار , حياتهم وكذلك احلامهم للمستقبل. انا اامل ان ابعث ذلك الى امريكا( خصوصا الى الجاليات الاسلاميه والعربيه) لتحريكهم من ابراجهم العاجيه للمجى الى العراق لمساعد شعبه في الوقوف على قدميه.

ثانيا انا اعمل مع احد العرب الامريكان الذي يتشغل مع مؤسسه للمساعده على استضافه الشباب العراقيين في امريكا وبقيه الدول لعمل حلقات حواريه. المدرسين يمكن ان يكونوا عاملا مساعدا مهما هنا واستطيع جلب بعض التبرعات لكي نساهم بغطيه كلف الجلسات في مقاهي الانترنت للمدرسين الذين يرغبون بذلك.

اذا كنتم تستطيعزن المساعده ارجوا ارسال ايميل على

mohammed.masry@us.army.mil

اذا اردتم الكتابه لي , يمكنكم اعطاء اي جندي تروه بالشارع رساله لي معنونه الى

SGT OMAR MASRY

490 CIVIL AFFAIRS BN

APO AE 09335

شكرا

..لدي ايضا نشريات حول الديمقراطيه مترجمه للعربيه واريد المساعده في ان يتم طبعها لتوزيعها على المدارس و الكليات

Archived