Baghdadee بغدادي

Alsader up rise

Situation in Shia cities ..

I just called Najaf/Kerbala/Kut/Asader city/Alshualaa

All of my contacts confirmed the followings:

1- Elements of Asader army might be touring some streets, but have no control on the city

2-Anger among People , especially the poor working class, is growing against Alsader army.. The freeze in the market activity has a bad impact for all those poor who earn their wages per day who had been left without income.

3- Government officials are going to office as normal.

4- Elements of alsader army distributed leaflets warning people from open the shops or offices during the next three days.

5- Najaf and Kerbala are very normal..but there is some fight at night .. People don't know what was going on .

My contact in Kut told me when I asked him about the story of the city being taken by the Alsader militia, He told that some armed elemnts of alsader accompanied by some locals came to the governore office and told him that the city now under Alsader Army control.. The governor was wise and he ordered all his officials to withdraw.. The okranian did the same.. However after two two days the militia men get bored and withdraw after hearing that the American s are comming.. He told me that it was a complete bazar.. And the young men were kind of not believing themselves..

My contact in Kerbala told me that some kids of militia used to remotely pick a quarell with the polish who are sitted in Kerbala tourist hotel "Saddam never had a palace in Kerbala" And the polish some times reply randomly that some casualties might happened among the locals.. The Elements also went to the post office to took over the small Kerbala TV, then they left the building. The city governmental offices is working fine and Alsaders elements migh controlling some streets.. he told me that most of the priglims "more than one million" are doing their practices normally but they leave the city once finish with the visit rather than staying till to the end.. tommorrow. The locals are very upset with the Elements, but he confirmed that they are looking for Alsystani to intervene by ordering the Alsader to withdraw..My contact told me that Alsystani is reluctant of issuing such order, because he doesn't want this to be in the American faviour.. At the end these are young whom he expect to cool down soon..

I think the American were very wise by giving the locals and the elderly the chance to deal with Asader .. This makes most people looking highly to the Americans.. In Samawa the clergy representing Alsader had resigned after he was asked to demonstrate against the Japanese.. The tribal elements warned any one from hurting them.The Samawa population "mostly very poor Shia" got a lot of benefits from the Japanese presence..

In brief , all my contacts confirmed that we are taking the issue too seriously.. The whole is just a temporary blow out.. At the end they have no money to pay the salaries of the those working the services jobs! let them play for a while they will get bored!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS DISTURBING ~ are there no REAL IRAQI LEADERS that MOST IRAQIS CAN TRUST WHO HAVE ANY BALLS TO LEAD YOU TOWARD DEMOCRACY AND EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE?

if you do not ~ YOU are doomed !! HOW do you think the AMERICANS can choose them for you without YOUR SUPPORT OF SOMEONE ? .... if you want a repressive Government run by a bunch of differnt Theologic thugs .. AMERICA WILL ABANDON YOU !! WAKE UP !! WE ARE GROWING TIRED OF HELPING THE THOSE WHO WILL NOT HELP THEMESELVES and YOU will inherit another sadistic regime ----

below from Zeyad @ http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

More on Sadr's insurgency

Sadr's aide and head of his office in Najaf, Qays Al-Khaz'ali, has declared the latest looting and killing spree going on in several Iraqi southern cities as an Intifada against the occupation. Speaking on behalf of Muqtada, he stated that they will certainly not calm down any soon because the Quran orders them not to; "Fight those who fight against you". And he has also made it clear that they stand united with their 'Sunni brothers' in Ramadi, Fallujah, and Adhamiya in the resistance.

Muqtada himself though doesn't seem as if he has made up his mind yet. I believe the fool senses that he has blundered seriously. Earlier yesterday he issued an announcement to his followers to cease the 'demonstrations', and that he had left the Kufa mosque and took refuge at Imam Ali's shrine in Najaf, typically hiding among civilians and holy sites like the coward he is. Later, however, he issued another written statement in which he reiterated his pledge to Hassan Nasrallah, Hizbollah leader, adding to it that he will be the 'striking hand' for Grand Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani. One of his aides claimed that a delegation from Sistani met with Sadr informing him that the leading Shi'ite cleric supports Sadr and his followers and that their cause is legitimate. This contradicts Shitstani's statements yesterday, indicating that the old wizard is either suffering from senility or is playing his own dirty tricks. None of Sistani's agents have either denied or confirmed this claim, but they say that he will personally meet with Sadr tomorrow.

Meanwhile, violent clashes continue in Nassiriya and Ammara between Al-Mahdi militiamen and coalition troops. There were reports that the militia had kidnapped two South Korean construction workers in Nassiriya. At Kut it was reported that IP and Ukrainian forces regained control of the local tv and radio station after it had been overrun by Sadr's henchmen, but that fighting resumed later in the evening. Also, reports of fighting at Diwaniyah, which had been the only major city in the south unaffected by the recent developments up until yesterday.

Of course, Sadr has set up offices in almost every city, town, and village in the south. And I have mentioned earlier that they had assumed full control over my small village where I work in the Basrah governorate weeks ago, terrorizing IP officers, civil servants, and doctors but nobody was listening. I don't think I will be heading back there any soon now. What surprises me is the almost professional coordination of the uprisings in all of these areas. I'm assuming, of course, that the money and equipment supplied by our dear Mullahs in Iran is being put to use good enough, not to mention the hundreds of Pasderan and Iranian intelligence officers.. sorry I mean Iranian Shia pilgrims that have been pouring into Iraq for months now.

The situation in Baghdad looks the same as it was in the couple of days before the war last year. Streets are almost empty by seven in the evening, a whole lot of Baghdadis have remained home yesterday for fear of getting cut off from their neighbourhoods in event of Americans blocking off streets or something. There was an ongoing military operation very close to our neighbourhood almost all of Monday night till midday. At one point I imagined that the Apaches were landing on our roof (that was after I published the previous post), and explosions kept rocking our house which brought back uncanny memories of last April 10th when there was a fierce confrontation between Fedayeen and advancing Americans just outside our doorsteps.

I was standing outside with neighbours yesterday afternoon gossiping when a car drove by, threw a couple of fliers at us, shouting "read them, may Allah increase your reward". The fliers were signed by a group which called itself Saif Allah Albattar (Allah's striking sword) at Ramadi, Fallujah, Adhamiya, and Diyala, which advised Iraqis to remain home on April 9th (the anniversary of the occupation), stating that they would not be responsible if anyone failed to do so. Someone else talked about another group called the Iraqi Islamic Army (groups like these seem to pop up every other day) which claimed its responsibility for the killings of the 4 Americans in Fallujah last week, decribing them as 'Jews'.

Anyway, it seems that fighting is ongoing in Sadr city, northeast of Baghdad. A total of 110 Iraqis and 19 coalition soldiers killed in the last 12 hours according to Al-Jazeera, which I have never witnessed being any more hateful and provocative until this day. They keep displaying headlines like 'Occupation forces target more women and children in Sadr city' or 'Resistance in Fallujah forces occupation forces to withdraw from locations'.

A couple of GC members have shyly spoken against the violence. Ayad Allawi (INA) first described the uprisings as being directed by 'evil and dark forces who wish no prosperity for Iraqis', then he started beseeching his 'brother' Muqtada Al-Sadr to stay calm (Even he is scared from Sadr's thugs?). SCIRI leader, Abdul Aziz Al-Hakim condemned the behaviour of occupation forces in killing civilians in Najaf and called for their punishment. The Iraqi Ministry of Justice stated that they had absolutely nothing to do with the arrest warrant for Muqtada Al-Sadr. And you want us to keep hope?

No one knows where it is all heading. If this uprising is not crushed immediately and those

militia not captured then there is no hope at all. If you even consider negotiations or appeasement, then we are all doomed.

# posted by zeyad : 4/7/2004 06:02:30 AM

Friday, April 09, 2004

Sistani issues the long-awaited fatwa to keep calm

The Grand Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani issued a fatwa late Wednesday to "resolve the latest developments in Iraq in a peaceful manner" in order to prevent anarchy and bloodshed. "We condemn the behaviour of occupation forces in dealing with the current events, and we also condemn any trespass against public and private property, or any other conduct that may disrupt security and obstruct Iraqis from their jobs in serving the people". Sistani also called upon political parties to work together in an effective manner to put an end to the "tragedy".

Why did he wait so long before issuing this fatwa? Was it to gauge coalition and public reaction? Was it to prove that only he has the last word in clearing up the mess?

The fatwa comes after 5 days of violence and unrest in several Shi'ite cities in southern Iraq, and while it is true that traditionally a fatwa from a living Grand Ayatollah is binding to his followers, that does not however apply to Al-Sadr's supporters who point out the more radical Grand Ayatollah Kadhim Al-Ha'eri (Iraqi exile Shia cleric operating from Meshed, Iran) as their spiritual leader, despite Al-Sadr's clumsy announcement two days ago that he will follow whatever Sistani and the Hawza in Najaf chooses for him, which I think is more probably a cry for help from the elders in Najaf.

Meanwhile, Sadr's supporters are still controlling Kut since yesterday's withdrawal of Ukrainian forces. Mahdi militiamen have taken over and looted CPA headquarters in the city as well as British Hard Group company division which was working on power station maintenance in Kut, killing it's manager who was a South African. Clashes are still reported from Sadr city, Nassiriyah, Mahhawil, and Karbala. Al-Mahdi militiamen have also resorted to kidnapping westerners, a British contractor has been kidnapped in Nassiriya, as well as several South Koreans, some of whom were released later. One of Sadr's aides stated that they had several foreign hostages to be exchanged with Mustafa Al-Ya'qubi who has been detained by coalition forces. Also two Israeli Arabs (??) (what the badWord are Americans thinking?) were held hostage by a group Ansar Al-Din, they were shown on the Iranian Al-Alam tv, and were described as Mossad agents. Al-Jazeera displayed a short tape showing three blindfolded and handcuffed Japanese journalists (a woman and two men) being held by a group calling itself Sarraya Al-Mujahideen which threatened to burn them alive unless Japan pulls out its troups from Iraq in a letter addressed to 'our friends the Japanese people'. The Japanese base in Sammawa was also targetted by mortars. I found it particularly interesting that while Al-Jazeera displayed most of the tape, it did not display the part where the masked men held knives to the neck of the wailing Japanese woman while screaming "Allahu Akbar!". What? too hard for Arab feelings?

The situation in Ammara, Basrah, and Diwaniya seems to have settled down partially. The British have regained control over there, according to AYS who is blogging from Basrah (I hope he doesn't get stuck there). Spanish commanders met with tribal and religious dignitaries in Diwaniya who promised to disarm the people and maintain order in the city.

Preparations for the Shi'ite Arba'ieniya religious holiday are ongoing despite the unstable situation. Arba'ien means forty, and Shia commemorate the death of Imam Al-Hussein (Muhammed's grandson and Shia saint) again on this day which comes forty days after 10th of Muharram (the day Hussein was killed). I don't know where this Iraqi practice of remembering the dead after forty days of their death comes from. Anyway, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Shi'ites have already started marching to Karbala on foot. Under the present circumstances and with the absence of IP and security forces in the city, I fail to see how a major terrorist attack is going to be prevented this time, another large scale attack against the Shi'ite pilgrims will probably inflame the already deteriorating situation even further.

a friend of mine told me today that he had been in contact with some clients who were members of Al-Mahdi Army, he said that they all received salaries from Sadr's offices throughout Iraq in US dollars. I asked him where he thought the money came from, he gave me a wry smile and said what do you think? "Iran?" I offered, and he nodded back in silence.

What troubles me is that the whole situation has so many parallels with the uprising against the British in 1920 (Thawrat Al-Ishrin). History repeating itself, it troubles me because that would mean that Iraqis have not matured as a people for the last hundred years. That one was sparked by the arrest of a prominent tribal sheikh by the British and then all badWord broke loose. Shi'ite Ayatollahs and Sunni Imams called for Jihad and several cities in the south were 'liberated'. It lasted for a few months and resulted in 2000 British killed and thousands more Iraqis dead. After the revolt was crushed, and King Faisal installed as monarch of Iraq, there were supposed to be elections for a National Assembly (sounds familiar?) to write a constitution. Of course, the Hawza issued fatwas for Iraqis to boycott the polls. Abdul Mohsen Al-Sa'dun, prime minister at the time, responded by arresting all the Ayatollahs and exiling them to Iran on the grounds that they were Iranian citizens and had no right to interfere with Iraqi matters (Iraqis were tough back then). Public outrage followed this in most Iraqi cities but the government stood firm against it, so in the end Iraqis went about their business. After a few months, the exiled Ayatollahs pleaded the Iraqi government to return to Iraq (because they were not up to the competition with the other Ayatollahs in Iran) and that they would keep out of politics from now on, the Iraqi government welcomed them back, and that was that. The Hawza kept out of politics, until the Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Al-Khomeini came to Najaf in the sixties and started poisoning the minds of the Iraqi Shia clergy. But that is a long story which I may write about in another blog since it is relevant to the current events in Iraq.

# posted by zeyad : 4/9/2004 05:31:53 AM

The situation in Baghdad

In Baghdad the fighting still continues in several areas, mostly in Sadr city and Adhamiya. Baghdadis don't venture much out of their neighbourhoods any more, you never know where you might get stuck. There has been talk that the night curfew might be implemented again. My neighbourhood has been surrounded by American troops for three days now, helicopters have been circling over our heads non-stop. Fedayeen are now visible on the street and they have become bolder than ever. Yesterday there were tens of them putting road blocks on our street and setting up mortars, they only come out in the open when Americans leave the area, then they start firing mortars indiscriminately and shooting their AK-47's in the air. They are setting the road blocks at the exact same positions they were during the war last year, which indicates they are the same people. And there is nothing we can do about it really, people who are suggesting that we go out and fight them are living in dream land. Even the IP and ICDC have abandoned the neighbourhood, and those are trained and armed, so don't expect scared civilians to do anything except to hide inside and pray a helicopter or a tank doesn't bomb them, and also how are American soldiers going to distinguish the brave and valiant civilians from the Fedayeen?

Everyone is apprehensive, there is some talk that April 9th and 10th are going to be bloody days. Most people haven't gone to work the last few days, although it seems that the rest of Baghdad is 'normal' (if you can define what normal is). There are rumours about preparations by slum dwellers for another looting spree against banks, governmental and public property similar to the one that took place last April, and I have already overheard youngsters in my neighbourhood joking about it and saying things like "This time we will be the first to loot, we didn't get anything the last time".

Mosques are calling for donating blood, food, and medicine for Fallujah, and several convoys have already headed out for Fallujah, most of them returned later though. What irritates me is this sudden false 'solidarity' between Sunni and Shi'ite clerics, we all know that they would be glad to get at each others throats when they have the chance, and Shia clerics were describing Fallujan insurgents as 'Ba'athists', 'Saddamites', 'Wahhabis', and 'terrorists' just a few days ago. So what happened? I guess it's just the old new Arab 'Me against my brother, me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against my enemy', or 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing going on again.

Speaking of Fallujah, we have only Al-Jazeera to rely on for our news from there. They have sent over their top reporter Ahmed Mansour to the town, and he is spouting all kinds of propaganda hourly reminding me of Al-Sahhaf. "They are targetting ambulances", "American snipers are shooting children and pregnant women", and "They are using cluster bombs against civilians" is all you get to hear from him. He did once make an unforgivable error when he mentioned that Fallujan militants were shooting at the Marines from the roofs of mosques and houses in Hay Al-Golan, but of course that is okay for Al-Jazeera. Someone who called himself Abu Hafs from the Ibn Al-Khattab Brigades (another new group) was on Al-Jazeera describing the enormous casualties among the Marines and he sweared that American soldiers were mutilating the bodies of dead insurgents. Over 300 Iraqis are reported dead and 500 wounded in Fallujah alone. Al-Iraqiyah tv said that ICDC were controlling Ramadi.

Azzaman newspaper mentioned an announcement signed by Abdul Aziz bin Muqrin, an Al-Qaeda operative in Saudi Arabia on an Islamic website 'the voice of Jihad', in which he stated that "although mutilating dead bodies is not originally permitted in Islam, but in this case it is allowed if Muslims use it against infidels to deter them from committing criminal actions". He added that "America does not understand anything except the language of force and retaliation, they were kicked out of Somalia in humiliation after that soldier was dragged in Mogadishu for the whole world to see", and that "the day will come when the dead bodies of Americans and Jews would be dragged, defiled, and stepped on in the Arabian peninsula together with their agents and supporters".

# posted by zeyad : 4/9/2004 05:30:47 AM

The impotent GC

And of course, I guess it is now painfully clear that the GC has no real power or control over the torn country. If sovereignty is going to be handed over to them on the 30th of June, then I expect a disaster coming. GC member, Samir Al-Sumaidai confessed today that they had no real power and that they cannot do anything at the moment. Sallama Al-Khafaji stated to Arabiya tv today that what is taking place in Iraq is a popular Intifada and she strongly condemned occupation forces. Sallama replaced Akila Al-Hashimi after her assasination. She was one of my professors back at Dental School, and everyone knew her as a Ba'athist back then, now she claims she was operating from inside the Ba'ath on behalf of SCIRI. I just think she is a hypocrite.

Other GC members refrained from speaking against Muqtada Al-Sadr, heh. Allawi blamed it all on 'foreign terrorists' without explicitly defining who he was referring to. Al-Rubai'i explained that this "is not a political issue, this is an issue pertaining to the Iraqi judiciary". Ghazi Al-Yawar said that Mustafa Al-Ya'qubi was only being questioned and that he is not a suspect. That's the pussy council for you. Only the Kurdish members are vocal enough to call him an 'outlaw', and Barzani stressed that no one "is above the law anymore".

# posted by zeyad : 4/9/2004 05:29:52 AM

My apology for my angry rant above, but I just don't see Moderate Iraqis taking enough actions co-operating with the capture of the extremist in your Country by Identifying who and especially where and when..... You criticize when we do things un assisted... and you criticise that we don't, ... but you don't seem to help much. American and coalition forces want to help you... America more than anyone is investing TONS of our citizens money too help your country back on its feet and our soldiers are being killed while you sit on your asses not identifying the EVIL things you KNOW are about to happen , and by whom, and WHERE THEY ARE HIDING !! YOU can stop this maddness if you want by helping Identify these folks. ONLY YOU KNOW FIRST those among you who are doing harm to YOU and the coalition.

FREEDOM is not FREE ! ... you have to fight to achieve it and sometimes to DEFEND AND PROTECT IT

Tex

are there no REAL IRAQI LEADERS that MOST IRAQIS CAN TRUST WHO HAVE ANY BALLS TO LEAD YOU TOWARD DEMOCRACY AND EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE?

If you are talking about political leaders, then the answer is NO.. There is one influencial political leader.. We need to understand that after fourdecades or seveare reprution, no political group can build their base in one year.. On the other hand, because of lack of security and lack of order. those elements with arms are the most noticeable, you might not hear about those who do the civil services.

It need some time and that exactly what all those terrorists and Sadamees are fighting against.

One of his aides claimed that a delegation from Sistani met with Sadr informing him that the leading Shi'ite cleric supports Sadr and his followers and that their cause is legitimate. This contradicts Shitstani's statements yesterday, indicating that the old wizard is either suffering from senility or is playing his own dirty tricks. None of Sistani's agents have either denied or confirmed this claim, but they say that he will personally meet with Sadr tomorrow

That is rediclouse! I think the writer is trying to mix things inorder to reach one conclusion, ALL These Shia are just different faces to one coin.. That is to serve some other agenda of proving that all this talk about democracy and civilized Iraq is non sense and we should go back to the tyray..!

Let me explain.. There is a lot of talk within Shia community in Iraq that nailed what had happened to Shia by Saddam and the killing of their religouse leaders , was because the suprem ayatoulah's were sielent when Saddam killed them.. That is why Alsader call them "the suprem Alyatouallah's" as the "the sielent marjaea.

My understanding, is that Systani , though he is absulutely not accepting Alsader kidsh acts, he cann't declare this officially.. Shia look to the Alsader's young enrgetic personal as their last resort agaist the Saddamies and Wahabees ,, THEY DON'T TRUST THE AMERICANS who might leave any time.. There is no any other group "other than Bader brigd" that one can rely on in such case. They would not risk sacrifying them. The only possible way is to cool it it down.. We need to understand that these young men are the real enymy of Salafees/Sadamees, and what is needed is to understand their demands and their points..

Every Shia in Iraq knows that Systani is trying to hold their revolution and try his best to get them back on track..

No one knows where it is all heading. If this uprising is not crushed immediately and those

militia not captured then there is no hope at all. If you even consider negotiations or appeasement, then we are all doomed.

I am noticing that a lot of Sunni/s are trying their best to push them into other direction either by encourage them , or by raising the fears about them to encourage the Americans to hit them soon.

I don't know where this Iraqi practice of remembering the dead after forty days of their death comes from.

Indeed there is a moslim tradition that people remmeber the dead on the fouty days, but what is happening for Imam Hussain is more than that.

Shia call it Maraad alrass "The return of the head".. ..After killing Husain and his small followers , The "Islamic "Khaleaf army leader , chopped their heads and brought them to the Khaleef in Demouscus.. That is to proof the killing.. The khalaif ordered to return the heads back to Kerbala.. The march to kerbala is a sympolic act by Shia to honor the return of heads which had happened around fourty days after the killing..

Indeed this Arbaenia is great symbol of the Shia stand against tyrany of "sunni" rulers through the last 14 centuries.. During Abbasied, 800 ac, Almotawkel khaleafa destroyed the tomp of Imam husain and blocked visitors.. During Authman's Impire , the Khaleafs used to press on visitors.. During Saddam's era..Priglims use to be jailed and touchered.. This is not a religious symbol, it is a symbol of frredom from all those "Sunni" tyrant Khaleef's.. That is why Salafees had hit the priglims by explosions.

I asked him where he thought the money came from, he gave me a wry smile and said what do you think? "Iran?" I offered, and he nodded back in silence.

There is agrowing concerns within Iraqis that Alsader is supported directly by the Iranians.. One thing to remmeber,Ayatoulah Alhaeree that Alsder is following is against the global Wealah of Ayatoulah Khamanaie of Iran.. Iranian might help Alsader to do unrest but would never be in line with him..

The Hawza kept out of politics, until the Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Al-Khomeini came to Najaf in the sixties and started poisoning the minds of the Iraqi Shia clergy.

That is another point that Zeyad might be repeating the factionist simplistic views..

Indeed the enrolement of Marjea in politics is way before the Khumaini.. It was started in ninteenth century by ayatoulah "I don't remember his name now and might return back to this later.

Alkhumaini was just onre follower of this school of thinking.. The most famouse religious leader how was going this way was Jamal din Alfghani.. late 1800's.

The march to kerbala is a sympolic act by Shia to honor the return of heads which had happened around fourty days after the killing..
Is that something like the 40 day Christian period of Lent ?

maybe not but the time of the year is very close

I've noticed a lot of information on the Islamic past. I suppose celebrating the beheading death of leaders isn't as far removed as celebrating the toture and death of a man about 2,000 years ago this weekend either.

But what to do after this current weekend celebrations?

If you are talking about political leaders, then the answer is NO.. There is one influencial political leader
.. . Americans are impatient and always expect results at the click of a mouse.

Who exactly is this one influencial leader ?

It is chaotic to ask a nation to shake off the recent past of last 40 or so years and expect to have organized parties represent the voice of the people.I am aware of a few parties from recent news storys and I agree the media covers the party that makes the most noise.

currently, that noise is from the rifle barrel. It is seen as sensational breaking news.

Shia look to the Alsader's young enrgetic personal as their last resort agaist the Saddamies and Wahabees ,,
They are on "there last resort" already?

Do you suggest Alsaders, "followers" will actually start shooting at the Salafees/Sadamees next week ?

Better directions should be followed;

Maybe "the sielent marjaea" should issue a fatwa for the Shia to obey the IP, and respect them in their fight to keep criminals away from good people.

The police are not under Saddams rules, they can not be seen as taking orders from the US military, the Sunni or the Shia clerics.

THEY DON'T TRUST THE AMERICANS who might leave any time.. There is no any other group "other than Bader brigd" that one can rely on in such case.

Is this the same Badr brigd from the holy men of Iran ?

If not I would like to learn more of this Bader group and their mission statement , what they, who they stand for.

We need to understand that these young men are the real enymy of Salafees/Sadamees, and what is needed is to understand their demands and their points..

You are going to have to convince certain groups in Iraq and around the who these young men really are.

Like I said, the media only reports "the noise from gun fire" as news worthy.

Every Shia in Iraq knows that Systani is trying to hold their revolution and try his best to get them back on track..

If things do calm down and get back on track, watch for "the media " to report Systani "is an Iranian citizen."

I am noticing that a lot of Sunni/s are trying their best to push them into other direction either by encourage them , or by raising the fears about them to encourage the Americans to hit them soon.

Indeed this Arbaenia is great symbol of the Shia stand against tyrany of  "sunni" rulers through the last 14 centuries

These Sunni ( who are enocuraging the Shia ) are not the clerics but rather the political Sunni?

I believe there is a difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is my question ( finally )

...moslim tradition that people remmeber the dead on the fouty days,..

...This is not a religious symbol, it is a symbol of frredom from all those "Sunni" tyrant Khaleef's.. That is why Salafees had hit the priglims by explosions.

I have read that certain groups believ in seeking "revenge" after a period of 40 days of mourning.

I remember the clerics that asked the Americans to "remove their presence" from a holy site so the Shia could perform their religious observations.in Kerbala or was it Najaf?

Was that bombing about 40 days ago?

One thing to remmeber,Ayatoulah  Alhaeree that Alsder is following is against the global Wealah of Ayatoulah Khamanaie of Iran..

* I've read bloggers mention Alsadr has links to the clerics in Qom in Iran.

Is there a Badr brigd that could be in Iraq observing this weekends celebration?

There is agrowing concerns within Iraqis that Alsader is supported directly by the Iranians.. Iranian might help Alsader to do unrest but would never be in line with him..*

Just to stir a conspiercy theory ;)

Guest Guest_tajer
Do you suggest Alsaders, "followers" will actually start shooting at the Salafees/Sadamees next week ?

There are a lot of questions and I might choose some :D

Today Alzarqawee offered to do deals with Alsaders.. Alzarqawee who is proud of killing Shia's want to make a deal with the Alsadrees who are the real enymy of Salafees and Sadamees.

It was the Americans who blocked the Sadrees from going after Saddamees and Salafees.. Indeed this is one of the demands by sadreees to punish all the criminals. That is one of the most miterious issues in Iraq! They might not wanted to have this be excuted by Iraqis but by Americans..Who never did..

Maybe "the sielent marjaea" should issue a fatwa for the Shia to obey the IP, and respect them in their fight to keep criminals away from good people.

That what he did in his fatwa..

Is this the same Badr brigd from the holy men of Iran ?

That is the same.. I need to crrect my statement though.I ment Shia are looking to Alsadrees and Badr as their resort against the Salafee/Sademee in case the Americans decided to run away..

Indeed Badr is considered now as one of the Shia most moderate groups.. Theie leader "Alhakim" who killed by Alzarwaqee in Najaf explosion..I turn to become under Najaf Marjea "Anti welaya Alfaqih"..

These Sunni ( who are enocuraging the Shia ) are not the clerics but rather the political Sunni?

I believe there is a difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good point.. I need to correct my last statement.. What I ment by Sunni's are those Saddamees /salafees and some scholars that might think that democracy would mean the rule of Shia majority.. Who ever they are clergy or politician

tajer

Thank you for your reply, and I appreciate that you were not seemingly offended by my angry remarks, ..I also appreciate you trying to educate my understanding of the turmoil ongoing recently with your view and that is with out question, better than mine. I can appreciate that your individual political parties are not well formed in only one year, so it is hard to pick your leaders at this point, but I must question why?...... Iraq’s best potential leaders probably do not even belong to a particular political party........ Are there NO Iraqi Personalities of note whos views are well known that can be trusted by MOST Iraqi’s that have expressed them?Support and assist them to be VOCAL to the Authorities and support them when they are with massive peaceful protest. Form Civil movements supporting them and their views POLITICALY and you will quickly establish a political enity if not an organized party that has some clout. I bet that Iraq has many OUTSPOKEN brilliant minds ( academics , writers, and scientist) that are up to that task. Meekly sitting in your houses waiting for democracy to be made FOR YOU is NOT THE ANSWER.

I certainly hope that some Popular public individuals I described have come forth in this past Year with VISIONS of a new Iraq that is ALSO popular with most Iraqi's.

Now about the violence of late. You did not address my question about why more is not done by Iraqis themselves to stem off the attacks against those who are there to help you except they were afraid? Iraqi’s must TAKE some responsibilities and RISK, by informing the CPA authorities? ..... Our troops ARE NOT there to kill Iraqi's, but will NOT HESITATE to do so when being ATTACKED !! More Innocents will be hurt because these cowards hide behind your women, children and otherwise innocent Iraqi’s. Only you Iraqis can identify this bad element.. Our soldiers maybe able to tell if one of us is from Michigan or Texas but they cannot tell who are the bad elements in Iraq by looking at them except when being attacked. It is probably like our soldiers all look the same to you I would bet.

You say that many support the Badr Brigades because they don’t trust the AMERICANS who might leave and suggest more political response to them. (thats understandable with the obscene media coverage there) When they (Saddamist or Badrs bunch) KILL as a protest or otherwise threaten our soldiers there is no political response left available, it is KILL or BE KILLED ! Don’t KILL our soldiers and you wont be KILLED by them !! End of negotiation !!. A political solution is not killing soldiers to obtain a negotiation without Iraqis dying unnecessarily.

I pray Iraq has a peaceful religious holiday without more violence.

Tex

Guest Guest

tex,

You did not address my question about why more is not done by Iraqis themselves to stem off the attacks against those who are there to help you except they were afraid?

The no. of Iraqi police and politician that are killed by those criminals, is more than the Americans..

We need to better understanding about what is going on in Iraq..

Americans and other coalition forces are in defensive position becuase of the continouing violance .. Majority of Iraqis especially Shia and Kurds are against that , but they can't expressed this publically for very simple reason. If you show your self against the Americans then you would not be hurt.But if you show your support to their mission of liberating Iraq, then you are risking your life..

My point is that what is happening by Sadrees is completely different than what is on the Salafees/Sadamees front.. The first are part of those Iraq host people who hed been supressed by Saddam and killed by Salafees.. By mixing them , we are giving the criminals a great help.. THey know that they can't do ant seriose harm without some radical Shia getting involved..

You say that many support the Badr Brigades because they don’t trust the AMERICANS who might leave and suggest more political response to them

What I am saying is that Iraqis after 1991 might not trust the international community.. Look to is happening in Flaouja.. Any Shia when look to the shots of helicopters hagging around , would remmember Kebala which was crashed while the world was waching sielently.. Not as what is happening now.. Ironicallly most of those who crashed Kerbala and other Shia cities were officers from same "Alaskaree" discret in Falouja!..

Guest Guest_Tajer

Salim wrote

The American should not risk the great mission by loosing majority hearts while compromising with the terror! We need to know that the real allience to the American mission are those poor people who were very opptimistic with libration..

American need to find ways to listen to them and not only the middel class , they need understand their concerns and give them the apportunity to participate, rather than letting them fall in the hands of radicals.. Americans need to be socialist!

Fully agree.. I would add as a suggestion and hope the CPA would have the apportunity to consider it..

PLEASE start immediately any project "even dummy" by one of the Iraqi minsteries "Not by CPA" , that would engage as much as low wage workers "kolly" in Iraqi terms.. For example digging a fake trunk or a sand dam to the east of Alsader and north to Shualla.. Also in each poor city.. I know this might go through the berocratic process and people would call it crazy.. But let us learn from Saddam what he had done to engage people.. Keep them bussy..That is the secret !

Any one who might be able get this to the desk of any dicision maker? PLEASE..

The cost of any such project would be less that sacrifing a dear sole of Iraqi, American or other coalition forces..

PLEASE start immediately any project "even dummy" by one of the Iraqi minsteries "Not by CPA" , that would engage as much as low wage workers "kolly" in Iraqi terms..

It comes down to the awarding of reconstruction contracts.

The "outsourcing" of middle men must be stopped.

Was it somewhere on this board or was it some blogger that gave this

the perfect example;

project Build a bridge for under $20 million dollars

1, an American company is awarded the $20,000,000 contract

2, They give $10,000,000 to an Egyptian company to build it.

3, They give $ 5,000,000 to a Jordanian company to buil it

3, They give $ 1,000,000 to a company in Baghdad to build it

4, They give $ 500,000 to local workers to actually purchase the

labor and materials to build a bad bridge that was to be worth

$ 20,000,000 American money ?

Twenty MILLION dollars paid for a HALF MILLION dollar bridge built by Coolies that were paid very little for SHODDY workmanship !

Outrageous,simply fraudulent and not acceptable.

I hope that example is the exeption and not the buisness rule.

Unemployed Iraqis should protest that kind of stealing.

Maybe the CPA could go down to the work sites to talk and see what value they paid for !

Iraqi's need to be more "hands on" with reconstruction contract reviews.

Iraqi's have to organize Trade Unions at the upper managment level.

These unions need members at the labor ( poor unemployed ) level in order to get

respected with political recognition.

That is what the Americans behind the CPA want to see.

That is the progress, the direction they hope for.

You need more white collar management positions to think up and turn "dummy positions" in to "make work" jobs for the poor.

Have them ask one of the Iraqi minsteries to respectfully request of the CPA "seed money" to start up the unions,

to organize the skilled , unskilled and technical labor force into ready pools of organized labor.

:) the brick layers and mason unions can build the Union Halls

I might not be the right person to comment on the statics above, but I had heard a lot about this from Iraqis..

Two days ago , a friend of mine who used to be an electrical engineer and contractor for the last 25 years, was talking to me and asking if I can help him find a forgien company in establishing a joint venture company.. I asked him why you are looking for such as I know he is wealthy and had a lot of local experiences.. He simply answered they told us in CPA that Iraqis are not ellegiable as lack international code experience.. He was very upset saying , how could we get such International level experience while we were under sanctions for the last 14 years?

He was very upset seeing all these Arab and other companies getting all the contracts and subcontracting the excution at pennies.. This is an example of being over perfectionest..

However, this is not the point, my point is .. Assunme this 20 million of tax payers money went on a non productive dummy project of digging a trench or similar labor demanding project, where thousands of coolies "untrained " are working with shuvels at 3 dollars a day.. That would mean engaging 7 million man/day work force.. I would ask , how many will be left to go for Alsader army and other groups.. Americans spend at least 5 billion dolars over the last year on constraction, what would had happened if they spend 5% of this amount on such dummy projects near by to all poor neighborhoods.. NOT AS CPA project but as Iraqi ministrie's one

John Galt is the nom de plume of a U.S. Citizen working in the CPA in Baghdad. He served twenty years in the United States Army and it was during his three tours of duty in the Middle East that he learned to love that area of the world. He returned to help do what he can to make sure that this time we "win the peace" since we've twice won the war.

I believe him to have acess to people that can help Iraqi's

I sent e-mail to him (see his website http://deeds.blogspot.com/

John Galt

I am proud of the job you and our people are doing in Iraq. Keep up the good work.

If I may take the liberty I would like to relay what some Iraqi bloggers are saying from

http://baghdadee.ipbhost.com/index.php?

I think they have merit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salim wrote (in answer to this quote)

QUOTE of Tajer

The American should not risk the great mission by loosing majority hearts while compromising with the terror! We need to know that the real allience to the American mission are those poor people who were very opptimistic with libration..American need to find ways to listen to them and not only the middel class , they need understand their concerns and give them the apportunity to participate, rather than letting them fall in the hands of radicals.. Americans need to be socialist! ( I think he means social programs here)

(his response)

Fully agree.. I would add as a suggestion and hope the CPA would have the apportunity to consider it..

PLEASE start immediately any project "even dummy" by one of the Iraqi minsteries "Not by CPA" , that would engage as much as low wage workers "kolly" in Iraqi terms.. For example digging a fake trunk or a sand dam to the east of Alsader and north to Shualla.. Also in each poor city.. I know this might go through the berocratic process and people would call it crazy.. But let us learn from Saddam what he had done to engage people.. Keep them bussy..That is the secret !

Any one who might be able get this to the desk of any dicision maker? PLEASE..

The cost of any such project would be less that sacrifing a dear sole of Iraqi, American or other coalition forces..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salim responds to another

(his response)

I might not be the right person to comment on the statics above, but I had heard a lot about this from Iraqis..

Two days ago , a friend of mine who used to be an electrical engineer and contractor for the last 25 years, was talking to me and asking if I can help him find a forgien company in establishing a joint venture company.. I asked him why you are looking for such as I know he is wealthy and had a lot of local experiences.. He simply answered they told us in CPA that Iraqis are not ellegiable as lack international code experience.. He was very upset saying , how could we get such International level experience while we were under sanctions for the last 14 years?

He was very upset seeing all these Arab and other companies getting all the contracts and subcontracting the excution at pennies.. This is an example of being over perfectionest..

(my note! -- as a construction manager/engineer myself I know the above is true ---- we DO NOT need to build swiss watches here.... GETmore Iraqi contruction/engineering companies building CIVIL FACILITIES to THIER workable standards where possible and MUCH CHEAPER (offices, schools , hospitals etc..and especially ROADS and DRAINAGE) --- I also know this could NOT APPLY to most Oil Infratstructure or Power Plants)

However, this is not the point, my point is .. Assunme this 20 million of tax payers money went on a non productive dummy project of digging a trench or similar labor demanding project, where thousands of coolies "untrained " are working with shuvels at 3 dollars a day.. That would mean engaging 7 million man/day work force.. I would ask , how many will be left to go for Alsader army and other groups.. Americans spend at least 5 billion dolars over the last year on constraction, what would had happened if they spend 5% of this amount on such dummy projects near by to all poor neighborhoods.. NOT AS CPA project but as Iraqi ministrie's one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John I think this has great merit. The people in the poor areas have no way of getting many jobs at present and they ARE PAID to demonstrate and otherwise gum up the great work you guys are doing by backing this Al Sadr or Badr brigades. In all the $Billions we are spending there I think a few $100 million would do MORE than any other thing to bring stability to this God forsaken country ! Any man worries more about his own rice bowl and how to fill it for himself and his family. The ones that give it to him or allow him to earn it are the ones that get HIS RESPECT !! SO please use any influence you have to see what can be done.

Sometimes we can’t see the forest for the trees – please help where you can here

Thank you and God Bless

Tex

Please write to John @ galtdeeds@hotmail.com

Texas Gentleman,Apr 11 2004, 09:37 AM]

Hey Tex,

John Galt is the nom de plume of a U.S. Citizen working in the CPA in Baghdad. He served twenty years in the United States Army and it was during his three tours of duty in the Middle East that he learned to love that area of the world. He returned to help do what he can to make sure that this time we "win the peace" since we've twice won the war.

I just E mailed John Galt ;

The subject titled ; Outsourcing Iraqi Jobs

I included the link to this very 3rd page of this Alsadr up rise thread.

I asked him to take three minutes or so to read the exchanges we have had on just this page alone if he has the time.

galtdeeds@hotmail.com

I believe him to have acess to people that can help Iraqi's

I think any Iraqi that can post on this web site must follow your lead Tex

and contact John with an Email petition.

I think using the phrase Job Outsourcing is a familiar political hot button.

AT least in the American political arena the media does latch onto it.

Iraqi's should also use it as a catch phraes.

It would be a common theme we could share. AT least it is a start in a direction.

PLEASE start immediately any project "even dummy" by one of the Iraqi minsteries "Not by CPA" , that would engage as much as low wage workers
But let us learn from Saddam what he had done to engage people.. Keep them bussy..That is the secret !

GETmore Iraqi contruction/engineering companies building CIVIL FACILITIES [/b]to THIER workable standards where possible and MUCH CHEAPER (offices, schools , hospitals etc..and especially ROADS and DRAINAGE)

This next quote I find interesting;

thousands of coolies "untrained " are working with shuvels at 3 dollars a day.. That would mean engaging 7 million man/day work force..

...Americans spend at least 5 billion dolars over the last year on constraction, what would had happened if they spend 5% of this amount on such dummy projects near by to all poor neighborhoods.. NOT AS CPA project but as Iraqi ministrie's one

I think this sounds a bit like FDR's WPA , CCC et el of the 1930's

Yes they were very social programs that created a bloated "beaurocracy"

but the point is, desperate times called for desperate measures.

I think the study of the mechanics of the Roosevelt democracy programs is being studied,isn't it?

Please write to John @ galtdeeds@hotmail.com

Archived