Baghdadee بغدادي

A 'Long War' Against Whom?

Guest hogan

Knowledge is setting you free. Democracy is great but freeedom of information has been America's greatest strength. Say what you want and the people will decide. It is a form of tolerance - which is the foundation of civility. The tyrants are losing their grip.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smart move of Ms. Rice to distant the American policy from getting into the details of the nominated name but to emphasis the government of national unity, is finally getting its great results. Rather than discussing who will be nominayed, the iraqi political leaders spent huge efforts to agree on the government agneda and program. once they had finished with it two days ago, they found Ms. rice there in Baghdad to confirm in personsthat the American policy will not go into the micro detaila of whom to ac, . I think the message was :you need to agree on a PM from the coalition that is accepted by the minorities. That is for me the best definition for such job qualification. According to reliable sources,"i.e. not Arab TV reports" the coalition seven blocs leaders had a meeting yesterday and realised that the only obsticle for their candidate Aljaafree is the acceptance by minorities after the USA and Britain head political authorities made it clear that they have no objection to him as far as he is representive an unity figure. The coalition went to a smart way to solve the issue. They gave the Dawaa party three days to approach the minority parties to get the necessary support for his nomination, otherwise he need to step down to get other candidate.. For me this high lights two points. First that the coalition is working in a very professional political mechanism. Iit was the only group inside the Perlament that nominates it's candidate through a very transperant democratic process. Second that the Sadrees are no longer firmly supporting Aljaafree, leving Aldawa to defend their candidate. I had noticed such stand to have a different path than Aldawa in the last couple days through so many incidents. When alsader reps asked about the Jaafree nomination, their answers were , it is the coalition who nominate him and it should be a coalition internal issue. While Aldawa rep would immediately jump into the case of aljaafree was democratically ellected and that he is the only candidate!

Yesterday, aldawa reps met with kurds, Aliraqia and plan to meet with the tawafuk sunni slate. The head of communist party, Mr. Hamid Mousa, who is a leading member of Aliraqia "alawee" told baghdadi alzaman newspaper that the group made their case clear of rejecting Aljaafree. No signs from the kurds whom I think want to get best out of the current debate. Altawafuc and after the finish of the most important issue of agreeing on the governemnt program and mechanism, might not be any more firmly insisting on removing him. It is now better to keep him and use him to counter back the kurds who have the real proplem with the sunnis in Kirkuk and Mosol. They might play with the case for their political agenda.

Those who are not seeing the details of the process or those who are adicted to the arab nationalist media or the liberal westren propaganda , might thought of it as a factional race, but those who have access to some details might consider it as one of the most complex political democratic strugle. there are five main groups within the perliment , each is composed of many differnt blocs, you need to come to a model to the least acceptance a by all prties. We might need a super computer to timely resolve a solution .. The American are one of the best in devoloping such computers. Let us hope it's sofware has no serious bugs as this might be the first deployment for a non throughly tested version !!! I hope it is not released using a Microsoft windows testing gtools ...no offence, I like the crapy windows

The ring is narrawing around the dawa party and thier leader Mr. Aljaafree. This time not only from within the Shia coalition other parties but also from general street Shia people. Even Alsadrees , it was very clear they are distansing them self from putting all aggs in Jaafrees pasket. Their reps in the parliment keep saying that jaafree is STILL the coalition candidate, while they asked their supoorters not to participate in the public demonstartations that Aldawa party is organizing.

the quit eAdel A Mehdi, jump to the calling list, that would have a very important development , specially after the apparent fail of the dawa party to convince others to participate in the Jaafrees governemnt.

I have a feeling that Jaafree and Aldawa are lossing fuel and they should be smart to loss people smpathy by showing them self as the obsticle to the united governement. I don't know how they think, but as a party in opposion for more than fifty years, it is not easy to convince them to step down!

I have a full trust in the coalition leadership and how they manage critical situations in the past dealing with both the internal and with rivals, let us see how they will manage this one.

If Mr. Jaafari ,who won the bid to be the majority canidate ( only by a single vote did he win the nomination ) is asked to step down ( not given a vote of confidence ? )

WHo is in line to take over in his place as majority canidate?

Is there a list of canidates?

WHo is in line to take over in his place as majority canidate?

There are some names circulatings within the internet community.. No clear evidences though

These names are

1- Dr. Adel A Mehdi.. Current debuty president. SRCI head and prominant financial expert.

2- Dr. Husian Alshahristani.. A nucluer scientists, westren graduate and deputy of the last national council

3- Dr. Ali AbdelAmir Alawee, A secular Harverd graduate, current Finance minister. A non Coalition member.and nephew of Ahmed Chalabi.

4-Dr. Aljabiri, Political Sience professor and head of Alfadila party..

Though Kurds and Americans might feel more confort with Mehdi, I think he will have a very hard opposition by Aldawa and Alsadrees to be the Coalition candidate. His nomination might need a reorg within the coalition to have Alhakim stepping down from head of the coalition. Something that I doubt Alhakim to accept as he represents the main coalition character.. I don't think Aljabiri to be a reasonable chances. Alshahristani is an arguable figure that might not get enough support from others. Di Alawee might have a good chances as a secular exit if other position also filled by non slates candidates..

Today Aljaafree had a long newsconfrence

He talked about the today government meeting which was to review the visit by the USA and british ministers. he also said that Dr. Alchalabi demonstrated to the government the latest about the Iranian American meetings in Baghdad. He said it it will be for in iraq interests to have them solve their issues about Iraq.

When asked about the calls to step down, he said that he would accept any decision by People reps and not by others.. He insisted that he is still the ONLY candidate by the majority bloc and he accepting that honor..When he was asked about any commitment that he might gave Alsadrees to get Almehdi Army into the new Iraqi forces, he denied any such commitment and said that the Constitution had managed this and he ia panning to follow it.

On a seperet interesting interview, on Iraqia TV, the head of Alsader hospital was asked about the low level of services to people. His reply was that Alsader hospital is servicing 6000 patients daily. He said that according to his information the largest clinic in the world recives 2000! While commenting on daily cases that they recieve because of explosions, he said that they follow 59 cases on the last explosion two days ago, but he added with smile that there was 159 birth cases followed by the hospital. !

This morning I had a thought about how different it must be to live in west versus gulf. We take the political competition and posturing for granted. It is not as messy here and the power struggles are rarely so blatant. The stumbling blocks have already been stumbled over and the solutions found so that our delays rarely come at critical times. We take so much of what our ancestors built for granted that we hardly even notice that it took them a lot of work to build it. It is easy for us to realize that democracy works best when the elected government separates the politics of election campaigning from the politics of governing. We not only accept this but we take it for granted and make jokes about it. ... "how can you tell when a politician is lying?" his lips are moving. or Ronald Reagans quip about prostitiution being worlds oldest profession and politics being second. We take for granted that once in office our politicians will assume a "one for all and all for one" mentalilty. But what if our ancestors had not spilled their blood building this for us? What then would we think?

and so it occurred to me.

How many other nations are there in the gulf where the top leader must compete for power in front of media and people? How many other gulf nations are there where the politicians accept that their power will only last for four years? If this type of political process were new to us would we be overwhelmed by frustration? Or would we accept the frustration because the prize is freedom from tyranny. Would we be more sad, more glad, or more mad? How would we feel. More to the point, how do Iraqi's feel? What do Iraqi's want?

I sure would be appreciative if someone in Iraq would expound upon this.

The dawa party leader Mr. jawad Almalikee, told Alarabia TV that the coalition Shia slate will have an important meeting tomorrow to finalize it decision about the PM candidate. From his tone I feel that there is a common understanding that the jaafree nomination will be changed. Mr. malikee name is circulated among some sources as a possible candidate.

The dawa party leader Mr. jawad Almalikee , told Alarabia TV that the coalition Shia slate will have an important meeting tomorrow to finalize it decision about the PM candidate. From his tone I feel that there is a common understanding that the jaafree nomination will be changed. Mr. malikee name is circulated among some sources as a possible candidate.

Is this Mr jawad Almalikee beating his own chest, looking to be the self proclaimed #1 canidate ?

Salim,

what kind of history/background check can you get on him ?( from inside Iraqi sources,not western MSM links )

The person chosen has to make the herd decisions.

Those hard decisions need to be made soon. The western media continue to paint with a broad brush the headline;

" Iraqi government: FAILURE to launch "

I don't think Mr. Malkee as a hot candidate.. First he is a second teir leader within Shia coalition that never had the chance to experience any governmental post or buisness related one. He was Aldawa party member that fled the country and used to live in Canada before coming back after liberation. He was known for his involvment in government forming as as Shia Coalition spokesman. He also played a critical role in constitution writing. As for his stands toward the hard decisions, I personally don't feel him to be different than JAafree.

I personally think that Coalition will cross this crises , there is a real balance inside the coalition between moderates and radicals, there is also a common understanding that they need to keep their unity. Indeed such unity is needed today. Alsadrees who are laking historical leadership, keeping them within the coalition is critical for Iraq and for them.. Let us wait and see

Guest Guest

http://www.alarabiya.net/Articles/2006/04/08/22686.htm

In Arabic, Mubarak pharo of Egypt accused all Shia in the world "more than 300 millions" to be pro Iran and not to their countires .. He aslo said that 65% of iraqis are Shia , so Iran is there..

I don't know if this statement is in favour of Iranian regime or against it. But for sure such false accusations is to help the Iranians in their negotiations.

I really feel so sory for Egypt that such short minded ruler is capturing their desteny over more than 25 years!

Such allegations is considered as insult for any Iraqi Shia. If 65% of the population of a country is considering them self as part of a neighboring country , so what is left of Iraq. Indeed these allegations are the propaganda of narrow mind factionist sunni arab, but to be puplicaly spelt out by a leader of a country that is supposed to play a critical role in Iraqi conciliation! some thing I don't understand

واكد الرئيس المصري ان ولاء اغلب الشيعة في المنطقة هو "لايران وليس لدولهم". وقال ردا على سؤال عن التاثير الايراني في العراق "بالقطع ايران لها ضلع في الشيعة.. الشيعة 65 بالمئة من العراقيين وهناك شيعة في كل هذه الدول وبنسب كبيرة والشيعة دائما ولاؤهم لايران. اغلبهم ولاؤهم لايران وليس لدولهم".

Guest Guest

ان غدا لناظره قريب

تصريحات الرئيس المصري تأتي متزامنة مع زيارة وفد ايراني بدعوة من الكتاب المصريين، حيث دعا الوفد الى نبذ الخوف، والوقوف الى جانب الشعب الفسطيني ، وان ايران تقف مه العرب، والقرب يقفون مع ايران، ، ان الرئيس مبارك بهذها الرأي يعبر عن خشية من الديمقراطية ، وليس من الشيعة، ولو ان اهل السنة كانوا الاغلبية في العراق وفازوا في الانتخابات لكان القول ان السنة في العراق يتبعون تركيا، او اي بلد اخر ، ان الخوف هو من الديمقراطية التي يجب ان يسقطوها باي ثمن، حتى على حساب الحقائق

Today Talabani, Jaafree and Bachachi, Had a very strong statements by The Iraqi governemnt toward what they call the unfortunate and surprising allegations made by Mubarak. They said that Iraqi forgien minister was requested to get clarification from the Egyptian government.

Talabani said that this was an insult to all Iraqis