Baghdadee بغدادي

A 'Long War' Against Whom?

good stuff. the sunni and kurd have proven to themselves that democracy does not allow shia to step on them. shia have shown respect for their brothers by finding a compromise. Iraq has safely negotiated past another minefield on their way to democracy (and the eventual peace and prosperity that comes with it). One step closer. only a thousand more to go. your grand-children will thank you

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today should be marked as a flag day in Iraq history. The Perliment session to ellect the speaker and presidential committe and nominate the PM was more than great. So natural, a lot of sense of humer, rivals exchanging comments in a very American indirect ping pong style.

I wouldn't imagin this to be an Middel eastren style one where we used to have boring firmly managed orchestrated sessions, that is if you have a perliment!

One point that draw my attention that might high light the complexity of Iraqi society,it was the biography of both the Sunni Arab hard liner Islamist speaker Dr. Mashihdani , who played extreemly well by adding a lot of humer on the session, and his hard liner kurd sunni debuty Mr. taifor. Both of them where proud to trace their families to the Shia seventh Imam of Mousa Alkadhum who is killed by Abassid Khalif in the eight century , his golden shrine in Baghdad/ Kadhumia north east of Baghdad. It is well understood to have some Iraqi Arab sunni being decendent of that Shia Imam who is a decendent of Arab Muslim prophet of Mohammed, but to have a kurd being proud of his decendent of Arab roots, was not very expected. Indeed one of the perliment members gave him such remark in kind of sarcastic comment. His reply was I am from Berzenchi family, a well known very respected kurd family, and I am kurd that is decendent of the Arab Imam! the attendees liked it very much! Bezenchi family is an Alawee family who fled central Iraq during the freat Shia opperssion in the middel ages. Some thing thing similar to Alsystani family who feld to Persia!

A lot to be told by the spirit and ecouraging signs by all parties , including the Alawee's slate reps who complained the rejection of their leader to the presidential commitee. One of the messages , I think, will be well recieved by that great leader on the other side of the himoshphere,. history will later write about his courage and commitment to make such thing happening in the hart of darkness of ME.. A leader who stood so firm facing all critism, kept preaching that the new born will soon be delivered.

Please salute the historical leadership of President G W Bush the jonior!!