Baghdadee بغدادي

Raptors and Bulls Trade Stars

dementedcheese

:o The third times a charm. On November 29, 2003, the Toronto Raptors and the Chicago Bulls agreed to a 6-player trade: Raptors get G/F Jalen Rose, F Donyell Marshall, and F Lonny Baxter in exchange for F/C Antonio Davis, F Jerome Williams, and G/F Chris Jeffries :blink: .

The deal is pending until Monday. "We are giving up real talented players," Bulls GM John Paxson said, adding that the presence of Williams and Davis will help the inside where they up and coming stars Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler.

Paxson actually fired former coach Bill Cartwright after another dismal 4-10 start last Monday :( . On Friday he hired Scott Skiles to replace him. The young Bulls are now 4-12.

Jalen Rose, in his 10th season in the league, is averaging 13.3 points per contest, but is shooting just :huh: 38 percent. He would give Toronto a another scorer, which they despertaley need.

Antonio Davis gives veteran inside presence, averaging 9 rebounds and 8.6 points per game.

Donyell Marshall, averaging 8.6 points per game and 6 rebounds, said he got a phone call yesterday from Paxson telling him about the trade. "I feel in shock right now," Marshall added, "I kept hearing it for a week and a half now. Usually when trade rumors go on that long, usually they are dead. I was laying at home getting ready to come into the second practice and my phone rang and it was Pax." :ph34r:

Scottie Pippen says it is sad to see Marshall and Rose depart, but it's all part of business. "Davis will give us toughness inside and Williams has a lot of energy and enthusiasm. We got veteren guys who know how to play the game. That should make us better." Pippen said.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived