Baghdadee بغدادي

And yes...another story!

Two weeks ago I was visiting London with my family. For those who have been to the UK or live there, they have an idea about the HUGE numbers of Arabs there in summer. I haven't been around in this world for 30 years, not even 20 from now. But I concluded from my family that had it not been for Saddam Hussein's brainlessness, there would have been many Iraqis touring there. At any rate, this is a tiny story that I found funny.

I was out of the hotel where I was staying for a walk when I felt thursty and decided to get into a supermarket and buy myself some water. As a matter of fact, I'm a Goth when it comes to style. I was pretty much dressed up like that, and I was carrying a huge red back pack on which I had hung too many pins and scribbled too many songs.

Behind me, in the queue for the cashier, stood two bahraini girls, as I had assumed from the way they were dressed and their accent. They had no idea I spoke Arabic or that I was an Arab, myself. They criticised me from head to two. Messed up hair, raven looks, blah blah. All the time I suppressed the laughter and just listened without turning my head. Then came the one and only good comment they had said about me since they started their gossip..their session of "8ishba!" :blink: . "Her back pack looks interesting. Look at all these pins and things. Did she write that by herself or did she just buy it like that?". Okay, I couldn't resist the temptation to just SAY something to let them know I've been listening and that I've actually UNDERSTOOD them. I answered in Arabic as well "No, they don't sell bags like that. I've written that by myself!". I wouldn't be exaggerating if i said they REALLY looked like this>> :ph34r: well...they REALLY did...literally!

Anyway, I could only remember the amount of apologies and the we-don't-really-mean-it kind of blabber...but you could imagine what would you do if you got caught up like that :lol: I wouldn't like to be there!