Baghdadee بغدادي

the palestianian / israel question

I think the writer was very brave to post that, and he made very good points, but I think it's WAY too hot for most Iraqis to touch right now, when they already have a lot of big problems to tackle. I think once Iraq builds a free and prosperous society that will in itself help the Israel/Palestine problem. And when Iraq is on its feet, it may have a role to play in making peace there, but I think it's too big of a problem for the busy Iraqis at this time.

Guest Achillea

An interesting article (warning, it's rather long). I found it surprising and enlightening, as the general perception here in America is that all Arabs hate Israel and either don't acknowledge or aren't aware of the long Jewish history in the area.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=11194

مقال ممتع ( التّحذير, إنّه طويل إلى حدّ ما ) . وجدته مذهل و توضيحيّ بينما (كما) الفهم العامّ هنا في أمريكا هو أنّ كلّ العرب يكرهون إسرائيل و إمّا لا يقرّ أو غير مدرك للتاريخ اليهوديّ الطّويل في المنطقة .

Thanks Achillea. The article is extremely interesting and I suggest the readong to everybody. Being italian I already knew Prof. Palazzi and always reputed him an extremely wise man (i've also seen him on TV and you should also really listen to its voice). I think (but might be wrong) that he is of the Sufi minority islamic "current". I think he is at the moment one of the few italians I can be proud of :-)

By the way, do you speak arabic or are you using one of those automatic translators? I can't get them to work.... in case would you point me out a working one?

Thanks and bye

Guest Achillea

I'm using one of the automatic translators. Unfortunately, I don't speak Arabic. TDK kindly posted a web page some time back, which I have bookmarked.

http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1

أستخدم أحد المترجمين الأوتوماتيكيّين . للأسف, لا أتحدّث العربيّة . أرسلت تي دي كيه لصفحة إنترنت بعض الوقت بعطف ثانية, الذي/التي لديّ بوكماركيد .

Archived