Baghdadee بغدادي

Iraq hangs 13 insurgents

Only one name out of the 13 hanged was released in the west.

Iraq hangs 13 insurgents

Deaths mark first executions of militants since U.S.-led invasion

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The Iraqi government said 13 insurgents were hanged Thursday in the first executions of militants since capital punishment was reinstated in Iraq after the end of the U.S. occupation.

The Cabinet announcement listed the name of only one of those hanged, Shukair Farid, a former policeman in the northern city of Mosul, who allegedly confessed that he had worked with Syrian foreign fighters to enlist fellow Iraqis to carry out assassinations against police and civilians.

“The competent authorities have today carried out the death sentences of 13 terrorists,” the Cabinet said.

It said Farid had “confessed that foreigners recruited him to spread the fear through killings and abductions.”

A judicial official said the death sentences were handed down in separate trials and were carried out in Baghdad.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11744259

Is any information on this matter being released in Iraq ? Is anyone familiar with Shukair Farid, a former policeman in the northern city of Mosul?

Why did they hold the names of the other 12 ?

This band where exposed in a public show on Aliraqia Tv couple of months ago when victims famlies talked to them face to face. Shuqier was the a police officer working under Sadam's regime in Musol and then got rerecruited for the new police. He established his cell among other police personals and committed many rape and kiling . On that show names of other members and convetions were displayed too.

They got convicted by a public hearing, only the name of the Emir of this gang was getting focus in the news. It might be because that band was called after his name.

This band where exposed in a public show on Aliraqia Tv couple of months ago when victims famlies talked to them face to face. Shuqier was the a police officer working under Sadam's regime in Musol and then got rerecruited for the new police. He established his cell among other police personals and committed many rape and kiling . On that show names of other members and convetions were displayed too.

They got convicted by a public hearing, only the name of the Emir of this gang was getting focus in the news. It might be because that band was called after his name.

Why doesn't Aliraqia Tv put together this public show in a western style documantary form and translated into the English language ?

Would western media be afraid to televise such a program to America if Aliraqia Tv made such an offer ?

Americans are only told bad news.

Even this story of 13 being hanged made it sound like a it was a barbaric "Cowboy justice, night time raid".

Indeed Aliraqia is used to air about 15 min show daily for arrested terrorists convictions ..

Why Westren media not following it up at a time Aliraqi broadcast is reaching the west including north America, is a good question to the media itself.. Very good and legitemate one though!

Today, the radical Shia cleric, denounced the radidal Sunni Scholar assosiation for not comming up with clear condemn of Alqaeda and it's terror netwrok in Iraq actions. He asked all Muslims to stand against takfeeris . This came in a news confrence after the car wave of explosions in alsader city yesterday. I told reporters that is he ready and capabale of fighting back the takfeerees and Nawasib "another name by Shia to the Salafee anti Shia" but he is not starting this war because it might be looked at as a civil war.

However, rather than considering this as good sign of more Iraqis joining the fight against terror, some Libral media reporter thought it to be a cause of secterian violance. It is so funny to see Qaeda actions out side Iraq as a fight between west and Muslims, while seeing the fight of Qaeda inside Iraq as a fight between Shia and Sunni!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/13/internat....html

Baghdad Market Bombings Kill 46 and Wound 200

By EDWARD WONG and ROBERT F. WORTH

Published: March 13, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq, March 12 — Six car bombs exploded at dusk on Sunday in four crowded markets in a Shiite area of eastern Baghdad, and an Interior Ministry official and witnesses said the bombs killed at least 46 people, wounded more than 200 others and spurred Shiite militiamen to take to the streets.

al Jazeera article on al Sadr.

Al-Sadr preaches restraint

Muqtada al-Sadr has said he will not order his militia to strike al-Qaida fighters after Sunday's bombing of his stronghold in Baghdad because that would mean civil war.

"I could order the Mahdi Army to root out the terrorists and fundamentalists but this would lead us into civil war and we don't want that," the Shia cleric told a news conference in the city of Najaf on Monday.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/194...7DF4BC3DA80.htm

He goes on to blame the US occupiers are more responsible than the al Queda occupiers for the recent bombings in Sadr city.

I don't know what goes through his mind but is he wanting to offer a truce to the Sunni fighters?

Is he asking them to purge their own militias of al Queda and in retun,

He will not mistakenly attack innocent Sunni's ( who are trying to expel al Queda )

Again, maybe al Sadr is only making a political move.

He offers a truce to heal,regroup, reorganize and redeploy his own militia's ?

I had the chance to watch that news confrence on Aliraqia, so i CAN TELL THAT THE Jazera coverage was not 100% accurate.

What I understood , he was saying that the first to blame are the occupation forces. Because they take responsibility. Then their pupits, Qaeda and Sademists. The carried the attacks. He also added that he can easily root out qaeda, but he don't want this to be looked at as a civil war. So he directed his speach to the Sunni scholar association and political Sunni parties to come up with clear condemnation to Qaeda acts.

What I am noticing is that this message was not recieved by Americans with enough attention. May be because he is not wellcomed at all. But to my understanding, Alsader today is a key player in the political process and his party personals are the most cababale of fighing back the Qaeda and Sadamists, He showed a very realistic path since Najaf crises. So why Americans are not open the doors for him at a time , then open the door wide for all criminal Sadimists and all those who are killing Iraqis at night while showing political one at day time "As dearist President talabani described them"!!

• 1 month later...

I was talking to a friend. He told me about an interesting story that would give some idea about how a weak govermnet might end up.

In Kerbala, 100 km south of baghdad, a shop in one of the main shopping centers was robbed, three air cooler were stolen. The owner calls the police as expected but being fully confident that they will not be able to do any thing, he also asked help from Alsader office. While the police was doing their routine job of on sight investigation that would end in no where, three personals of Almehdi Army arrived , they went to ask the owner about whom he suspect. The ower told them about some. In two hours, the robbers where brought in to admit it and bring back the aircoolers!

This is a very worring case , the continoul humilation to the Iraqi forces by Coalition forces would not but to allow popular self created force to grow.. We need to understand the real situation. Today I hear people talking about diminishing Militia by force, let us first fix the real issue!!