Baghdadee بغدادي

The Battle of Baghdad (Law Enforcement)

The high investigation team ,headed by Sunni General Kamal Hasan, interior minster deputy is coming with very astonishing details. About Sabrin!

Her real name is Zainab Hasan Alshimaree from Shia majority Saba-Alboor slam southwest of Baghdad. She used to help her current husband in running a terrorists detaining center for kidnapped people. She was married to two persons at same time.

One of the kidnapped who succeeded to escape had recognized her. She is arrested

Vice president Dr. Alhashimi was the one that had facilitated the interrogation with her.

So much bazaar, I don’t know how those politicians who were in hurry to accuse our Iraqi forces would manage this crises...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding more the bazaar of Sabrin story.. It is now clear that she is a shia and not Sunni.. !!

So we end up with a Shia by name of Zainab Alshemirry that is accusing three Sunni officers from Shia led interior ministery !!

There is another incident of rape in Tallafer near to Musol on a Turkman woman.. The accusation went fine on that case , four soldiers were arrested.

Aljanabee tribal leaders are now warning that they will follow after those who fake her name to use thier tribe name ..

Seems to me that the Sadamist/qaeda plan to ignite a sectarian violence using Sabrin’s case is now going back to them. It is clear that she is not a sunni but a shia “aljazera never announce this yet” .There are rumors that the Islamic party of vice president Alhashimee was trapped by this case.. On interview with US sponsored radioSawa , Alhashimi spokesman Dr. Umer accused some groups that he didn’t specify, to leak the vedio clip to Aljezera and that the party had no idea about the girl background of working with a kidnapping group and be involved in other activities . He clearly pointed that they took her case to the PM office and tried not to make it a political issue. He denounced the irresponsible acts by the the sunni clergy head Alsamurae for his sectarian speeches on Aljezera , also denounced sunny Arab parliament speaker for taking part in such irresponsible calls on the media.

I personally think that this was a poorly planed play by Sadamists who try now to do all what they can do to stop the current Baghdad security plan which is making a huge success. Today in Alawee Alhilla, a very violent discrete of central Baghdad, local Sunni and Shia joint one Friday pray at Bunia Mosque.. A message that Sadamist and Qaeda would receive with a great despair..

I will write more later about situation in Baghdad. But for now let me highlight the following.

That is the same Shiekh that I was talking about over the last three months. One of the most compelling sucess stories of Maliki that had bleived in such startegy of betting on local tribes in fighting extreemism.

An Iraqi Tribal Chief Opposes the Jihadists, and Prays

By EDWARD WONG

Published: March 3, 2007

BAGHDAD, March 2 — The sheik stared at the cake that the hotel workers had brought up to his room as a gift. Across the red gelatinlike surface was written, “God protect you from the enemies and keep you for the Iraqi people.”

God is indeed his guardian, said the sheik, Abdul Sattar Buzaigh al-Rishawi. So were the three burly Iraqi men standing outside the door of his suite here in the Mansour Hotel, and the five others by the elevators at the end of the hall. They had walkie-talkies, Kalashnikov rifles and camouflage vests stuffed with ammunition clips.

The sheik needs as much protection as loyalty and prayers can bring, not to mention money. He is the public face of the Sunni Arab tribes in lawless Anbar Province who have turned against the Sunni jihadists of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, many of whom belong to other, sometimes more militant Iraqi tribes.

“I swear to God, if we have good weapons, if we have good vehicles, if we have good support, I can fight Al Qaeda all the way to Afghanistan,” he said recently as he sat smoking in a dark jacket and brown robes while meeting with a sheik from another Sunni tribe in his hotel room.

Sheik Abdul Sattar, a wiry 35-year-old with a thin goatee who comes from the provincial capital, Ramadi, is the most outspoken Sunni tribal figure in the country who is fighting, at least for now, on the side of the Shiite-led Iraqi government and the American military.

My brother left to Syria last month with his wife , two daughters and only son. He finally chose to join other members of the family . He was not the only Iraqi , specially middle class to go that far after all sufferings . Last week he returned back to Baghdad leaving his family behind. I was talking to him last night. He said that the situation in Baghdad is improving way far than his expectation. He told me that he asked other members of the family to consider the return back.

Other than the security plan success , my sister told me that things are not improving in her neighborhood , the west north of Baghdad. In Aljamea discrete the qaeda militia are still having upper hand in applying their rules of fear and violence. The kidnapping street , where locals think it of holding most kidnapped , is still abandoned and residents can’t go back to their homes “both Sunni and Shia” . Yesterday a garbage men showed up at their street for first time in months, masked gunmen immediately came to threatened them. They left with promise of not showing up again. They were lucky of not getting assassinated as was the case with their ex- coworkers !

People in the neighborhood keep wondering why the security plan is not yet extended to theirs. They think that the government is preparing for large scale operation . But till such thing happen, they have nothing but hope to enjoy other parts of Baghdad relative improvements.

On the other fronts, the ex officers of Iraqi army conference had a huge success, more than 700 high ranking officers showed up and Maliki had a long speech calling for their help in rebuilding the new army. He announced many steps to make this happening . Lt general Thamir Sultan, was kidnapped in same Jamea discrete on his way to the conference . He is a a former Sadam highest ranking officer whom Sadam sent to death on accusation of not showing enough loyalty after killing his brother Lt. General Thabit Sulatan ten years ago.! The death penalty was not executed and replaced by long term jail in Abo Ghraip prison.

In 24 hrs, Iraqi army was able to free him and capture four of his kidnappers. It was a big blew up to the terror networks and how much they become exposed to Iraqi forces.

On other incident , the head of Alleged Iraqi Islamic state was captured . “Muharib the robber” , as is called in his neighborhood, was captured by Iraqi forces in Althouloeia north of Baghdad. No more news emerged yet, but this will be a most astonishing success for Maliki and Iraqi intelligence.

On political front, the international conference is six days a way. That is another story that needs to comment on later... Let me go for now

Continue to above

On the economy side, the draft of the oil law finally approved by the national unity government and was submitted to the parliament where it will got a the most hard and critical phase. Thought the main players already game their thump up to the draft, there are many legislators who have their reservations that need to be discussed.

The main issue was not about the distribution, as the western media inaccurately demonstrated. It was about who has the power of signing the contracts, the regional or Federal?

Most of this was due to the fact that each party want bigger rule in that decision which they might think gave them higher political power in a country where oil represent more than 90% of national income and would provide them with higher exposure to the international policy making authorities..

The parliament is supposed to start its session tomorrow.

As for the government, Almaliki announced that the long waited minister changes are coming in the next ten days.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/05/world/mi...=th&oref=slogin

quote]BAGHDAD, Monday, March 5 — Iraqi special forces and British troops stormed the offices of an Iraqi government intelligence agency in the southern city of Basra on Sunday, and British officials said they discovered about 30 prisoners, some showing signs of torture.

Skip to next paragraph

The Reach of War

Go to Complete Coverage »

The New York Times

More than 1,100 American and Iraqi troops moved into Sadr City.

The raid appeared to catch Iraq’s central government by surprise and raised new questions about the rule of law in the Shiite-dominated south, where less than two weeks ago Britain announced plans for a significant reduction in its forces because of improved stability.

Another non explainable act bythe Brits, what were expecting to find at the intelegence center where Basrah is excersizing it's peace because of it's men.!

I don't know how a special Iraqi force is encouraged to work against Iraqi governemnt center nothing but to facilitate the escape of the terrorists . Assumes that they the Brits are not sure , why they didn't put the detainees under their custody until things got cleared. Basrah is located at the boarder of Salafee terorist nurturing place in Gulf. Why the Brits no so worry about acts by the escape against them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6423633.stm

An Iraqi woman taking part in the pilgrimage, Eman Hussein, said news of the Hilla attacks had given pilgrims a greater determination than before to reach Karbala, her son told the BBC News website from London.

Arbaeen marks the end of 40 days of mourning for Prophet Muhammad's grandson, Imam Hussein, who was killed along with his family in 681, by the Muslim ruler of Arabia, Yazid.

The day is one of the most solemn in the Shia calendar.

More than two millions piligrimes "Zowar" are expected to reach Kerbala by Saturday!

Another defiant step by Iraqis to Alqaeda in Iraq .. The problem with these criminals is that they don't understand Iraqi people mentality, the more you kill, the more they show determination.

Democrats Alter Plan To Restrict Iraq War?

Another sign of the plan success!

as always, I very much appreciate your updates and information. The stuff you say holds more meaning than anything in american newspapers. all they ever print in US papers how many carbombs today. They seem to have no interest in anything else.

as odd as it may seem I think the american democrats two greatest enemies are Maliki and Allawi. I get the feeling that Iraqi people have had enough sectarian violence and are ready to get involved with ending it ... even if that means standing against someone from their own sect. and that is the key. it does no good for each to stand against the other. The violence will never end until people are willing to clean their own houses.

I get the feeling that Maliki and Allawi may soon compete against each other to prove which of them can make the most difference. This would be outstanding for Iraq. If you have two powerful politicians competing against each other to look the most competent then strong and positive steps might be taken quickly.

which is bad for american democrats. They have bet everything on failure. If Iraq starts making big steps then they will have tough time in next american election.

Bare foot, hundreds of kilometers long marching of Zowar “pilgrims “to kerbala is making Sadamists and Qaeda crazier... Yesterday there was more than 150 Zowar killed and hundreds injured all over Iraq by attacks of suicides, car bombs and snipers on unarmed crowds of marching zowar walking toward Kerbala.. I think Alqeada was trapped by choosing Iraqis as a point of test for their brutality and savage. They never tested the will of Iraqis before because the Iraqi society had never welcomed such close minded theology that is before Sadamists open their communities to the criminals to penetrate. On TV channels, millions of walking men, women, kids are marching through the roads, when asked about the explosions, they say that it make them more persistence because that is their way to kill terrorism! A message that needs to be sent to all nations, that is a lesson Iraqis are teaching the world...

The level of self control by Alsadrees is something needs to stop at. It reflects a real serious change toward making them one of the most serious political parties in Iraq. I think they deserve admiration by all, I am sure Americans administration will deeply stop at this development by Alsadrees... The pragmatic , responsible reaction of not retaliate to the attacks , the strong central control, made their reaction much more powerful than going the way the Sadamist and Qaeda want it to be..

Today, Vice president Shia Abdul Mehdee gave Ambassador Khlil zadeh a very warm farewell. He was joined by other prominent Shia politicians. I think Khalil Zadeh had helped one of the most important critical jobs of bringing Sunni parties to the political process. A task that needs to be remembered by Iraqis with much of thankful respect though many had suspected the real intentions of the shrud move .

Shia Islamic party of Alfadhila announced it’s withdrawn from the main Parliament coalition slate. The party said that this was to encourage others to break up with sectarian race slates. A move the party said it might help lessen the division a long the lines of sec or race. With 15 members, many analysists think that the party might join a national front of opposition that Alawee is working on... Very interesting move that I personally feel very healthy.