Baghdadee بغدادي

DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ الديموقراطيه في العراق

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest تاجر

http://www.iraqoftomorrow.org/printarticle...=28488&pg=index

نمودج اخر لمقال يريد التعبئه ضد نتائج العمليه السياسيه في عراق من خلال التركيز على اوهام المعارضين لقائمه اللائتلاف في جريده لوس انجلس تايمز التي يسيطر على تحريرها بعض المعروقين بمعاداتهم لحريه العراق

متى قال الرئيس الياور ان هناك تحالفا سياسياه "هلال" شيعيا؟

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.iraqoftomorrow.org/printarticle...=28493&pg=index

In Arabic.. Interesting article about the ellection propaganda and a different fight that News media is not covering..

The fight between rich slates and poor ones..

Alawee slate is considered rich and has a good share in the most expensive Arab TV statelites, others prefer the Alraiaia TV because it is free for all slates.

Others like the Coalition, prefer not to go with TV add, as this might have a bad response on Iraqis who suspect any thing comming from Arab TV's!

Guest Guest_tajer

Article in NT

WASHINGTON MEMO

Hot Topic: How U.S. Might Disengage in Iraq

By DAVID E. SANGER and ERIC SCHMITT

Published: January 10, 2005

ASHINGTON, Jan. 9 - Three weeks before the election in Iraq, conversation has started bubbling up in Congress, in the Pentagon and some days even in the White House about when and how American forces might begin to disengage in Iraq.

So far it is mostly talk, not planning. The only thing resembling a formal map to the exit door is a series of Pentagon contingency plans for events after the Jan. 30 elections. But a senior administration official warned over the weekend against reading too much into that, saying "the Pentagon has plans for everything," from the outbreak of war in Korea to relief missions in Africa.

The rumblings about disengagement have grown distinctly louder as members of Congress return from their districts after the winter recess, and as military officers try to game out how Sunni Arabs and Shiites might react to the election results. The annual drafting of the budget is a reminder that the American presence in Iraq is costing nearly $4.5 billion a month and putting huge strains on the military. And White House officials contemplate the political costs of a second term possibly dominated by a nightly accounting of continuing casualties.

By all accounts, President Bush has not joined the conversation about disengagement so far, though a few senior members of his national security team have.

A senior administration official said in an interview this weekend that Mr. Bush still intended to stick to his plan, refining his strategy of training Iraqis to take over security duties from Americans, but not wavering from his promise to stay until the job is done. "We are not in the business of trying to float timetables," the official insisted. "The only metric we have is when we can turn more and more over to local forces."

But all over Washington, there is talk about new ways to define when the mission is accomplished - not to cut and run, but not to linger, either. Several administration officials acknowledge that Mr. Bush will face crucial decisions soon after Jan. 30, when it should become clearer whether the election has resulted in more stability or more insurgency.

Already, the president found himself in a rare public argument last week with one of his father's closest friends and advisers, Brent Scowcroft, the former national security adviser. The election "won't be a promising transformation, and it has great potential for deepening the conflict," Mr. Scowcroft declared Thursday, adding, "We may be seeing incipient civil war at this time."

Mr. Scowcroft said the situation in Iraq raised the fundamental question of "whether we get out now." He urged Mr. Bush to tell the Europeans on a trip to Europe next month: "I can't keep the American people doing this alone. And what do you think would happen if we pulled American troops out right now?"

In short, he was suggesting that Mr. Bush raise the specter that Iraq could collapse without a major foreign presence - exactly the rationale the administration has used for its current policy.

Mr. Bush, asked Friday whether he shared Mr. Scowcroft's concerns about "an incipient civil war," shot back, "Quite the opposite."

"I think elections will be such an incredibly hopeful experience for the Iraqi people," he said.

But the president's optimism is in sharp contrast, some administration insiders say, to some conversations in the White House Situation Room, the Pentagon and Congress. For the first time, there are questions about whether it is politically possible to wait until the Iraqi forces are adequately trained before pressure to start bringing back American troops becomes overwhelming.

Some senators are now openly declaring that Iraqi military and police units are not up to the job.

Senator John W. Warner, the Virginia Republican who heads the Armed Services Committee, said last week after meeting with top Pentagon officials, "In my judgment, a great deal of work needs to be done to achieve the level of forces that will allow our country and other members of the coalition to reduce force levels."

Guest Mustefser

http://www.nahrain.com/d/news/05/01/12/nhr0112e.html

In Arabic.. The ellection committe is asking all slates not to use the religious or national symbols in their capiang..

That is after so many slates complained of putting Alsystani photo on a certain slate propanganda.. Alsystani clearly stated that he is standing behind all slates and there is no prefernce for him of any specific one

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.iraqoftomorrow.org/printarticle...=28594&pg=index

In Arabic.. Londen based , suadee paper Alsharq alawsat on a poll , found that 66% of the participant are with the ellections, 20% against it, others don't know.

The sample were from different part of Baghdad including differnt type of people.

Most of those who don't know were women who don't work..

http://elaph.com/Politics/2005/1/34879.htm

In Arabic.. More than 18 thousands Iraqi registered on the first day!

I was one of them yesterday to make history . I had a strange feeling of healing and recovery after all what Saddam had did through the last 35 years..

I felt I am nearer to my beloved country and people, that I am supporting my brothers and friends back their in their stand against all terror and help the rebuild.

My 20 years duaghter and wife shared me same feelings, we had a ten hours trip to get there, I remebered having all troubles while driving the American say " Pain is temporary, glory is forever"

I felt sorry for all those brothers who might either not able or be convinced not to do it. I am sure that by time reluctants will join the process realizing that trying to stop the main stream history changes is not a workable option.

Thanks to all sucrifices that made this possible!!

Archived