Baghdadee بغدادي

DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ الديموقراطيه في العراق

Guest مستفسر

http://www.aljeeran.net/viewarticle.php?id...pg=index&art=mp

الحلقه الخامسه من كتابات السيد الدجيلي حول الانتخابات العراقيه قبل ثمانين سنه

الغريب اننا عندما نقرا مثل هده التحليلات و الوقائع نكتشف مدى قله معرفتنا بنتاريخنا

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mustefser

The Shia parties list that was announced two days ago had some thing to notice

1- Included one of the main Sunni Arab trib leaders "Shemar" which is same tribe of the President Alyawer.

2-Included the Mosul 250000 Yazedee's "Atheist non Muslom faith" Kurds.

3- Included the Shia Mosul Shabak and Turkumans "about 300 000.

4- Excluded a registerd parties of "Almoderesee/Alaamel" and Alshirazee. Both parties are with a strong Iranian origin..

5- Included the Sabiea non Muslims faith community.

I would say that is a very smart move by the Shia to accomodate Musol, where Kurds and some other Sunni Arab are claiming big influence.

This might explain why did President Alyawer accused Alchalabi of moving to secterian side.. Alyawer was relying on his tribe for ellection. Now he lost half of Sunni members of his trib while most of the Shia members of it might find different reasons to go for other list.

The inclusion of Yazedees and Sabiea is sending a very clear message to all Iraqi of considering the Yazeedi "Athiest non Moslum" faith, which had suffered a lot because of accusation of being of non book faith . This is a dramatic step toward open dialog between Iraqi people.

Guest Guest_Airedale
Some countries might have problems with having ellections for Iraqis on it's terrtories

Are you saying Iraqi citizens in these countries will not be able to vote ?

Is there a provision to allow Absentee vote Ballots for Iraqi's outside of the country?

2-Included the Mosul 250000 Yazedee's "Atheist non Muslom faith" Kurds.

Are these "Atheist" an actual group of people who do not believe in any organized religion?

And this last point made me think of al Sadr;

4- Excluded a registerd parties of "Almoderesee/Alaamel" and Alshirazee. Both parties are with a strong Iranian origin..

It was reported al Sadr asked his followers to boycot the election..... did he support this "Almoderesee/Alaamel or Alshirazee" party with their Iranian interests ?

Are you saying Iraqi citizens in these countries will not be able to vote ?

Is there a provision to allow Absentee vote Ballots for Iraqi's outside of the country?

According toannouncement, the three countries might not allow the Ellection commition to open centers for Iraqis to excersise their voting.. However , according to the rules, Iraqis in these countries are able to register in any other country.

The law doesn't allow Absentee vote Ballots ..

Are these "Atheist" an actual group of people who do not believe in any organized religion?

Yazeedee faith, is a very old religion "more than four thounsand year used to be the original Kurds religion.. They don't beleive in one god but rather in the nature struggle between good and bad.. So they are not literally Atheist but not beleiving in one god.. They have their villages and towns in the moantain areas around Musol like Shikhan city. They are today under a big a ttacks by Salafees who had killed many of the Yazeedee's based on the Salafee idiology that allow killing any non book faith believers.. The recognition by Shia parties list to this group is considered as a very big step forward for open dialogs between different factions in Iraq.

It was reported al Sadr asked his followers to boycot the election..... did he support this "Almoderesee/Alaamel or Alshirazee" party with their Iranian interests ?

What I referd to is nothing to do with Alsader.. Alsader is of Arab promenent family that is decendent from the Prophet.. And is well considered within the Iraqi social system.. It is not very clear till now if Alsaderee will vote or participate in other list.. They didn't jount the this list though..

The Almudersee/Alshirazee groups have nothing to do with Alsader.. These are Islamic groups that are mostly of Iranian origin, nothing to do with the current regime in Iran either..

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.elaph.com/Politics/2004/12/27411.htm

In Arabic.. The ellection compaign will start on 15th.. There are 70 list already registered for ellections. 234 parties are participating.. Alyawer and Alawee might announce a coalition today that will include many Iraqi scholars and trib leaders from both Shia and Sunni Arabs.

Amazing how life is spreading through such emerging democracy.. On my call to many of my friends and family member inside Iraq, I got a very strong message of people wanted to participate..

The surprise is the support to the communist party.. I think we need to watch this devopment.. The communist party submitted their own list.. We need to know that this is one of the oldest parties in Iraq.. A lot of it's members and supporter , though no more within the party, they keep supporting it..

I have the feeling that the Communist party list will be the surprise of this ellection

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.iraqoftomorrow.org/viewarticle....d=4852&pg=index

In Arabic.. good points by Iraqi writer Hamza aljawahree , about the last article by Tomas friedman whch was asking to give more support for the peaciful majority against outspoken minority of terrorists

The writer is saying that he respect Mr. friedmen points , but would not agree with him.. The majoroty can go with more strong actions, but they know that this what the terrorist really wanted.

Archived