Baghdadee بغدادي

Why in Kerbala?

I was on the phone with many of relatives over the last two days,. Also talked to many Sunni friends.. All had one word, this is a very berbarian non islamic act and need to show the world the type of these people that was rolling Iraq over the last three decads..

What had happened in Falouga is no difference to what had happened in Kerbala and Kadimia and Arbil.. Or what had happened in Halabja or the Shia mass graves..

This will make Iraqis stronger against the terror, it would remind them with what is waiting for them if the Sadamee's/Salafee's return back to power..

Also it send a clear message to the Americans : There is no compromise with the killers..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest_salim

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/02/opinion/02FRI1.html?th

Led by Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the Shiite majority, persecuted for decades, insists on a version of democracy that enshrines Shiite domination and fails to offer needed protections for minority groups. This is clearly unacceptable to the Sunni minority in places like Falluja, and to the Kurds. It is also fiercely resisted by Iraq's Sunni-dominated Arab neighbors.

I don't agree with what the writer is trying to refere to.. My understanding to this is that the writer is trying to neil theses acts to worries about the role of Shia majority in Iraq..

First of all, I found all Iraqis , Sunni's and Shia are agaist this .. The late Governmen law was very clear about this issue of minorities protection , so why these acts came now? All the demands that the writer was asking for " Fedralism and democracy, protection of minorities rights" is covered by the Interim law..

What I understood the writer is trying to say, is to award the criminals on the basaes of being realistic.. What had happened in Falouga is by those Sadamee's who are fighting back by all means to block Iraqis from rulling them selfs.

We need to understand that those thugs are willing to stop the democratic transition process , nothing to do with Shia or Sunni.

Don't give awards to those criminals, by trying to compromise on the Iraqis willing to have a democratic state

Guest Guest_salim
What the horrific images from Falluja should convey is that the fundamental problem is in Iraq itself. The White House and its spokesmen regale Americans with tales of inflated political progress, but the only real progress has been in areas like restoring vital services. Utility-building is not nation-building, and no answers have yet been found to the basic constitutional conundrum in Iraq.

From same article above..

The writer seems to be under the influence of the "libral" media.. He need to visit Iraq to look for the un beleivable acheivements in the political process.. when 95% of the country is living in peace , you can not say it is afail.. Other wise , we need to consider the political process in Spain as failing !!

Guest Achillea
I was on the phone with many of relatives over the last two days,. Also talked to many Sunni friends.. All had one word, this is a very berbarian non islamic act and need to show the world the type of these people that was rolling Iraq over the last three decads..

Also it send a clear message to the Americans : There is no compromise with the killers..

Salim, I don't think I'm alone in feeling that what the world thinks it's being shown is not those who ruled Iraq for the last 30 years, but Iraqis now. That's overwhelmingly how the media are playing it. Some of us know better, we read Baghdadee and the Iraqi blogs and keep our heads on straight. But we're only a handful.

I can't stress this enough -- let the world know. Let the world know, especially let America know, that these savages do not speak or act in Iraq's name. Iraqis from the leaders on down must speak out against this, loudly and often. And, please, in English. Arrogant colonial westerners that we may be, most of us don't speak Arabic.

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.nahrain.com/d/news/04/04/02/swa0402b.html

مثال اخر على رد الفعل الغاضب من كل العراقيين "حتى اهالي الفلوجه" على العمل الجبان الذي ارتكبه مجموعه من احفاد صدام

Another exa[le of Iraqis condeming the Sadamees act in Falouga" including clergy from Falouga"

Achillea,

I can't stress this enough -- let the world know. Let the world know, especially let America know, that these savages do not speak or act in Iraq's name. Iraqis from the leaders on down must speak out against this, loudly and often.

Fully agree with you.. Indeed that what I had noticed when I spoke to all Iraqis inside and outside Iraq.." They were so upset .. It is the first time I ever saw Iraqis in a such feeling of disgust.. Seeing those brave American brothers being dealt with in such way of brutality, they were feeling kind of being insulted more than the feeling of sadness.. Some Iraqis were writing " I feel ashame to be Iraqi", .

I agree with you that some of "libral" media in US are trying their best to make it as being "Iraqis" not Sadamees , who did this.. I recall two days ago a local newspaprer was comming with a heading " Iraqis..." .. I am sure thought that all those who love freedom of Iraq would understand the situation.. I am sure that both Iraqi and American people will win this battle, and all these sacrifises will pay off the great cost that we both are paying in this long struggle agaisnt all the barbarian terror.

Archived