Baghdadee بغدادي

The Beginning of the End

The Associated Pressreports on the caches of arms that are still being uncovered in Fallujah:

Without providing details, Wilson called the amount of arms uncovered in Fallujah "stunning."

"The amount of weapons was in no way just to protect a city," said Maj. Jim West, a Marine intelligence officer. "There was enough to mount an insurgency across the country."

A huge store of weapons and explosives was discovered at the mosque of Abdullah al-Janabi, a Muslim cleric and insurgent leader, according to a report on The New York Times' Web site. Al-Janabi is thought to have fled the city.

The Times said the mosque compound in a residential area had sheds stacked with TNT, mortar shells, bombs, guns, rocket-propelled grenades and ammunition. A naval mine was in the street outside, it added.

Marines clearing houses in Fallujah have found Kalashnikov rifles, ammunition, rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and heavy-caliber cannon - with weapons caches often marked by a brick hanging by a string on homes' outside walls.

West said U.S. forces turned up a "cook book" with instructions on using mercury nitrate and silver nitrate and descriptions of nerve agents. He didn't elaborate.

The destruction of the terrorists' haven in Fallujah is having political as well as military fallout. Haider Ajina alerts us to breaking news on the principal Sunni political party, the Party of Islam, which has now reversed its decision to boycott January's election:

I just read this headline in the November 24th edition of the Iraqi Arab Daily newspaper “Iraq Lil Jamee” (Iraq for All).

The English translation of the article is as follows:

The Party of Islam of Iraq (Sunni Party) after having announced that it will boycott the elections has changed its decision and now will participate in the elections. Mr. Abdul Hamid leader of the party said: "We had initially requested a postponement of the elections. Then we announced a boycott of the elections. We also said that these decisions were not final. Now we have decided to participate in the elections. We stand ready to negotiate with other Iraqi groups, parties and the Americans. We also condemn the kidnappings, killings, and car-bombings. We further condemn any action which threatens Iraqi police, Iraqi National Guard and any government official."

My comments:

This is huge, titanic & tremendous. This was the last of the big hold out parties a Sunni religious extremist party. They have learned that in order to have power they must participate in the elections. They have called for the end of violence. I hope they will call for all Sunnis to participate in the elections.

Our vigil[ance] and tenacity is paying off. We must keep up the pressure, be strong and stay the course. We cannot relax till Iraq has its constitution and its first constitutional elections in 2006.

All of which goes to show, I think, that the best way to defeat the terrorists is to defeat the terrorists.

(the above from; http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008713.php

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.alrafidayn.com/Story/News/N_26_11_04_6.html

In Arabic..

Very intersting report with interviews with Fled Faloija citizens.. Talking about their suffering under the rule of the Salafee/Sadamee terrorists over the last eight months.. One of the citizens said "We were against the Americans, but after what was by those crimionals Salafee's we were praying to get the Americans to the city"

باريس: ميشال أبو نجم-الشرق الاوسط

لم يحمل المؤتمر الصحافي الذي نظمه مركز استقبال الصحافة الأجنبية لـمحمد الجندي (مرافق) الصحافيين الفرنسيين جورج مالبرونو وكريستيان شينو، أي جديد حول مصير الرهينتين أو الأسباب التي حالت حتى الآن من دون إطلاق سراحهما. لكن المؤتمر، بعكس ذلك، حمل معلومات مهمة حول «شخصية» محمد الجندي الذي «عثرت» القوات الأميركية عليه في 12 نوفمبر (تشرين الثاني) الجاري وسهلت السفارة الفرنسية نقله الى فرنسا التي وصلها مع عائلته في العشرين من الشهر الجاري.

ومما قاله الجندي أمس أنه يعيش في العراق منذ ثلاثين عاما وأنه كان هناك بصفته «لاجئا سياسيا» هرب إليه من سورية. وأفاد الجندي الذي رفض أن يقول عن نفسه إنه كان سائق الصحافيين الفرنسيين أو مترجمهما بسبب جهله للغتين الفرنسية والإنجليزية، مفضلا على ذلك صفة «المرافق» لهما، بأنه كان عضوا في حزب البعث العراقي وأنه «قومي الاتجاه». وأكد الجندي أنه سعى لمساعدة الصحافيين الفرنسيين في عملهما من خلال تأمين قناة اتصال لهما مع قادة عسكريين ومدنيين من النظام السابق بغرض كشف الملابسات التي أحاطت بسقوط بغداد وانهيار النظام.

أما الأهم الذي كشف عنه الجندي في مؤتمره الصحافي، فهو أن والده لم يكن دبلوماسيا سوريا كما أشيع في السابق بل كان «ضابطا في المخابرات الخارجية» السورية. وتلقي هاتان المعلومتان أضواء جديدة على خطف الثلاثة (الجندي ومالبرونو وشينو) في العشرين من أغسطس (آب) وهم في طريقهم من بغداد الى النجف لتغطية تمرد مقتدى الصدر. فقد أعلن الجندي الذي وصف الخاطفين بأنهم ينتمون الى «المقاومة الوطنية» العراقية ضد «القوى المحتلة» وأنهم «لا متطرفون ولا إسلاميون» في إشارة الى جماعة ابو مصعب الزرقاوي، أنه «لم يلمس أي شيء مؤذ (من الخاطفين) بعد أن تعرفوا على حقيقة أمره». وربما يراد بهذه الجملة الإشارة الى أن الخاطفين، وهم من «الجيش الإسلامي في العراق» ينتمون الى الأجهزة العراقية السابقة. وحرص الجندي، طيلة المؤتمر الصحافي على التفريق بين خاطفيه وخاطفي الصحافيين الفرنسيين والآخرين، فوصف بياناتهم بـ«الاعتدال». وأشار الى أن الخاطفين دفعوا لهم ثمن الأغراض (الكومبيوتر وآلات التصوير وأغراض أخرى) التي أخذت من الصحافيين و لم يتعرضوا لهم بالأذى ولم يعنفوهم.

وكان محمد الجندي الذي عثرت عليه القوات الأميركية في الفالوجة قد فصل عن الرهينيتن الفرنسيين «بعد 15 يوما» على أسرهم. ووصف عملية الفصل التي نسبها الى «أسباب فنية» بأنها تمت «بشكل هادئ وودي» وأن الخاطفين الذين «لم ير أبدا وجوههم» جاءوا لتصويرهم بعد الخطف بيومين وكانوا «هادئين ووديين جدا». و استطرد الجندي قائلا: «أنا مسؤول عن كلامي: لم يتعرض أحد منا (خلال فترة الاعتقال المشترك) لأي ضغط أو لأية معاملة سيئة، بل قد نكون تعرضنا للأذى بشكل غير مباشر مثل نوعية الطعام والمشرب والمنام والحر وغياب التبريد».

وأفاد الجندي بأن القوات الأميركية «لم تكن مستعجلة في إطلاق سراحه»، إذ بقي محتجزا لديها أسبوعا كاملا. وقام أفراد منها باستجوابه «طيلة ساعتين». واتهم الجيش الأميركي بأنه تركه ومائة من المعتقلين السابقين في سجن الفالوجة في منطقة الصقلاوية حيث توزع المحررون على الأهالي ومنها سافر الى بغداد بوسائله الخاصة. ولا ينتظر أن يعقد الجندي مؤتمرات صحافية أخرى في الأيام المقبلة. وكانت السلطات الفرنسية التي تكفلت نقله وعائلته الى الأراضي الفرنسية حيث تعيش اخته مع صهره أبو علي المرعبي وهو صاحب مطبعة في باريس وكان يعمل سابقا في السفارة العراقية في العاصمة الفرنسية، طلبت من الجندي البقاء بعيدا عن الصحافة مخافة أن تؤدي تصريحاته الى إلحاق الأذى بالصحافيين الفرنسيين. وقد مضى على احتجاز هؤلاء 103 أيام.

وأعرب الجندي، من دون أن يعين الأسباب التي تدفعه الى التفاؤل، عن أمله في امكانية رؤية الصحافيين حرين «قريبا»، مضيفا أن «شعوره» الشخصي هو أن وضعهما «ليس سيئا».

Guest Guest_tajer

The above is a report about the news confrence by the driver of the two French journalists who was found in Falouja ..

He admitted that he was working for Saddam inteligence and hight praise the kidnappers..

He was talking from Paris after the french authoroties moved him to. He joint his sisters where his brother in law was working for the Saddam embassy!!!!!

Guest Guest_tajer
IRAQ THE MODEL

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Securing the death road.

Ten days ago, and just before I was heading to my work station in Samawa, I got a phone call from my colleagues warning me from tacking the road the passes through Latifriyah and at that time the news coming from that spot was indicating a close military operation to put an end for the domination of the criminals over that segment of the road to the south.

The significant piece of news at that day was blowing up a small bridge over a small canal near Latifiyah, the small town that turned into a junk yard for burnt vehicles and a slaughter house for Iraqis; officials, IP and ING members and even civilians. Not to mention that all governmental offices were destroyed there.

So, I decided to take the other road that passes along the Tigris River and it wasn't surprising to find that most taxis and buses have switched to that longer but safer road (takes two extra hours) and of course doubled the fees for each passenger but we were all satisfied and we didn't mind paying more money to have a safer ride.

During the days I spent in Samawa I was following the news closely and they were kind of encouraging after the news came telling stories about busting a number of terrorists' networks there.

Finally we heard that the "road is now clear and secure" and yesterday I had the chance to check this statement myself, as I decided to go back to Baghdad using this particular road. At the town garage I talked to some cab drivers who confirmed that the road is safe enough. So the trip began and I was still having some worries and I could see the same on the faces of the other passengers who were with me in the same car. They were telling each other some horrible stories that took place on this road and the closer we were getting to Latifiyah the more disturbed and worried we became. Cell phones rang many times with calls from families trying to check on their sons, brothers or fathers and to see if they passed the danger zone or not.

We reached the segment that is called "the death road" and the bus got wraped in a heavy silence. The 1st checkpoint was for the IP; they were scanning the coming vehicles and ordering some of them to stop, checking Id's and making sure that no one is carrying guns.

We went through this checkpoint and after several kilometers we reached an ING checkpoint. The soldiers were all wearing black masks to avoid exposing their identities. Anyway, we found that the road was blocked by this checkpoint and we had to go for several kilometers off-road in the farms to by pass this block and to get to the main road again.

Here, our fears reached a peak because we all knew that similar paths are the ones used by the terrorists as they're hidden by dense orchards.

I became even more anxious when the guy sitting next to me took out his Id (which says that he works for one of the ministries) and passed it to the driver without saying a word and in what looked like an undeclared agreement, all the other passengers did the same adding their cell phones in some cases (the terrorists think that anyone carrying a cell phone in this area is a spy collecting intelligence for the government or the MNF).

The driver calmly took the Id's and phones and started hiding them in a small secret drawer underneath his seat. The guy next to me looked at me with a question in his eyes "and you?"

I took out my Id and handed it over to the driver because I didn't want to violate this silent security agreement and I felt hurt because I had to hide what should be an honor of being a dentist serving the people, because the "resistance" consider serving the people a crime.

One of the passengers said whispering "where are the Americans? Where are the ING?"

One replied saying "and who dares to enter these territories?!"

We were overwhelmed with fear and anxiety until the guy sitting next to me said "look there" and pointed with his finger to the right.

We all turned to see what he was pointing to, and we regained some of our confidence as we saw a convoy of several Hummer vehicles patrolling the area.

"They're not as cautious and afraid as we thought they would be. Here are they moving confidently" the driver said. "I don't think they'll stay here after sunset. The terrorists will take over the area at night" another passenger added.

I smiled and thought "we fear our countrymen while we feel safe when the foreigners are moving around! Who's the occupier? Who are the bad guys here?"

We were done moving in the farms and we got back to the main road to find ourselves in the center of Latifiyah. I saw something very different from what I saw last time I was there; endless patrols for the MNF and the ING, yet the place was so quiet.

We were ordered to stop at an ING checkpoint and the soldier who dealt with us seemed different from the others I met before; he was very confident and acting in a highly professional way using only signals without the usual verbal communication that is still being used in many checkpoints in Iraq which is a waste of time and fruitless.

He searched the passengers and checked the registration papers of the car and he talked for the first time when he finished his job saying "sorry to disturb you, you can move on".

We moved forward to the bridge that got recently repaired as the news told and there we found a checkpoint for the US Marines and the ING working side by side.

We were also surprised to see that they took positions over the roofs of the near by buildings which made me say "they don't seem to be leaving after sunset, these are fixed stations". It was relieving also to see all the death slogans of the terrorists have been erased and replaced with the slogans of the real heroes, I saw slogans like:

"The terrorists destroyed the bridge and we have rebuilt it""

"Death to terrorism…long live the peace"

"Long live the heroes of the ING, the loyal sons of Iraq"

There was a traffic jam near the bridge and there were some posts arranged in the form of a fence to control the entrance to the bridge by two lanes only but our traditions and our natural hate for awaiting made some of the drivers try to move around the fence to form a 3rd lane and there came a single round from an ING machine gun in the air and this was enough to make everyone there realize how order is important in critical situations like this one where the terrorists use all means to kill people. Some passengers began to shout condemning the lack of discipline of those drivers and I could hear one say "yes, they've got to be tough because these heroes are risking their lives here and we all have to obey the law and not give a chance for the terrorists to take advantage on us".

We passed Latifiyah safely and driver returned our Id's and phones back and we were back to our boring chats. We finally entered Baghdad by sunset to find the city walls covered with signs and posters calling the people to do their role in building the democratic Iraq that will be an oasis for peace in the region.

Terrorism is losing the battle and in spite of tough times we're facing in this battle and in spite of the fear and worries that we carry in our minds I felt a great joy when I saw a sign on the road saying:

"Your voice is as precious as gold. No, it's more than that!"

-By Mohammed.

Guest Guest_tajer

http://www.nahrain.com/d/news/04/12/04/sbh1204a.html

In Arabic..Alsabah governemnt sopnsered newspaper in Baghdad, reported that the policemen that resist the terrorists attack yesterday ,in certer Baghdad ,were calling the ministery asking for help.. Something that never happened over more than one and half hour.. An investigation is open to know the reasons.. We might end up finding the one who recieved the call was a former Sadamee informer.. !!

Thanks to Mr. Bremer who insisted to reject Alchalabee's call to monmitor all return policement..!!!

Guest Someone

Attacks make Shia clerics waver on militancy

By Steve Negus in Baghdad

Published: December 6 2004 02:00 | Last updated: December 6 2004 02:00

A black-turbaned Shia cleric drove through the streets of the southern Baghdad district of al-Amel on Saturday, carrying a loudspeaker and mocking the insurgents who scrawled anti-election slogans on the neighbourhood's walls.

"Let those who wrote this show their faces, if they are men," residents quoted him as saying, as two dozen armed supporters followed his motorcade on foot, painting over graffiti that threatened to "cut off the heads" of voters.

"Come and vote," the cleric said to passersby. "We will protect you."

It was a rare display of militancy by one of the pro-establishment Shia clerics, who have so far strongly discouraged any action by their followers against predominantly Sunni insurgents, lest it trigger a civil war.

However, with attacks against the Shia on the increase, and the strong likelihood that the Shia parties will dominate Iraq's first elected postwar government, clerical resistance against direct anti-insurgent action may be wavering.

In the past, Shia-dominated parties and a few mosque-centred networks co-operated quietly with the US military in the gathering of intelligence, but the clergy kept its distance from the US military in the name of national unity.

When bombers - accused of being Sunni insurgents - struck at Shia holy sites in August 2003 and February 2004, many Shia clerics saved their strongest criticism for the coalition authorities, who they said had failed to protect them from attack. However, insurgent threats against forthcoming elections, which have been strongly endorsed by senior Shia scholars such as Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, may be breaking down the clergy's resolve to stay aloof.

Residents of al-Amel say the anti-election graffiti marked the first time that insurgents had directly threatened them personally as Iraqi citizens exercising their rights - as opposed to threats against "collabor-ators" with the US military or the government.

Religious Shia had already been split over violence in Latifiya, a Sunni enclave that lies on the main highway south of Baghdad leading to the Shia holy cities of Najaf and Karbala. Dozens of Shia, from clergy to army and National Guard recruits, have been killed by Sunni ultra-puritans while driving through Latifiya.

Two weeks ago, a dele-gation of tribesmen from Basra calling themselves the "Brigades of Anger" approached Mr Sistani, asking him for permission to launch reprisals in Latifiya, says Sheikh Musa al-Musawy, a representative of the Grand Ayatollah in Baghdad. Mr Sistani refused them his blessing.

"The government will deal with this problem, and the law will take its course," he reportedly said.

However, the Washington Post reported that the brigades had launched an attack on Latifiya on Saturday, clashing with Sunni insurgents in the town.

The paper quoted a militant of the Islamic Army as saying that dozens of people were killed, which would make it the fiercest sectarian violence since the March 2003 invasion. Neither the US military, the Iraqi interior ministry nor Shia clerical sources would confirm the news by the time of going to press.

Meanwhile, insurgents killed nearly two dozen people in two separate attacks in northern Iraq yesterday. Two carloads of gunmen ambushed a bus carrying Iraqi employees of a company doing business with the US army in the town of Tikrit, killing 17, the military said. Another four people were killed when a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden car into a National Guard checkpoint near the town of Beiji, the site of one of Iraq's largest oil refineries.

The Strategy Page describes the futile efforts of a minority to terrorize a majority now risen to power. The Sunni insurgency is attempting to play its last card by starting a civil war in Iraq without success.

Sunni Arab antigovernment and al Qaeda gunmen now make no secret of their desire to trigger a religious and ethnic based civil war in Iraq. Attacks on Kurds (who are not Arabs) and Shia Arabs (who practice the form of Islam prevalent in neighboring Iran) are increasing. ... There are two reasons why the civil war has not broken out yet. First, the Sunni Arab gunmen represent a minority in the Sunni Arab community. ... One thing that makes the current situation different than the Lebanese civil war of 1975-90, is that the Sunni Arabs are not united to fight anyone. The antigovernment forces represent several factions, and many other larger factions want no part of a civil war.

This illuminates the second reason for no civil war; the Sunni Arabs are vastly outnumbered and likely to get quickly smashed. This is made worse by the fact that 80 percent of the population (the Kurds and Shia Arabs) would like to see the Sunni Arabs "punished" for generations of tyranny. Most Sunni Arabs understand this, but the minority who continue to murder and molest Shia Arabs and Kurds spend most of their efforts on terrorizing their fellow Sunni Arabs.

What the insurgency has done is remove the old Sunni chieftains from the field leaving it clear for those they formerly terrorized. An MSNBC article describes that while Sunni insurgents have forbidden participation in the elections their voice no longer carries the power of command.

As Iraq's first nationwide elections in more than a generation near, Hamra and other Shiite clergy, perhaps the country's most powerful institution, have led an unprecedented mobilization of the Shiite majority population through a vast array of mosques, community centers, foundations and networks of hundreds of prayer leaders, students and allied laypeople. The campaign has become so pitched that many Iraqis may have a better idea of Sistani's view of the election than what the election itself will decide. The momentum they have created has made a delay in the ballot difficult, if not impossible. Voters will choose a 275-member National Assembly, but powerful groups within Iraq's Sunni Muslim minority are boycotting the election or have called for a postponement so that they can bring calm to restive Sunni regions where insurgents have threatened to attack those taking part. ...

"Who wants to boycott, let them boycott, but the elections will happen regardless," said Hamra, sitting in an office with white walls bare but for a portrait of Sistani reading the Koran.

On On December 3 a suicide car bomb blew up a Shi'ite mosque in Baghdad in an effort to reassert dominance but it merely increased scorn for the insurgents. The Financial Times found a curiously passive way to say the unsayable: that maybe some Shi'ites are joining forces with the government and America against the insurgents. For now at least

When bombers -- accused of being Sunni insurgents -- struck at Shia holy sites in August 2003 and February 2004, many Shia clerics saved their strongest criticism for the coalition authorities, who they said had failed to protect them from attack. However, insurgent threats against forthcoming elections, which have been strongly endorsed by senior Shia scholars such as Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, may be breaking down the clergy's resolve to stay aloof. ...

A black-turbaned Shia cleric drove through the streets of the southern Baghdad district of al-Amel on Saturday, carrying a loudspeaker and mocking the insurgents who scrawled anti-election slogans on the neighbourhood's walls. "Let those who wrote this show their faces, if they are men," residents quoted him as saying, as two dozen armed supporters followed his motorcade on foot, painting over graffiti that threatened to "cut off the heads" of voters. "Come and vote," the cleric said to passersby. "We will protect you." ...

Dozens of Shia, from clergy to army and National Guard recruits, have been killed by Sunni ultra-puritans while driving through Latifiya. Two weeks ago, a delegation of tribesmen from Basra calling themselves the "Brigades of Anger" approached Mr Sistani, asking him for permission to launch reprisals in Latifiya, says Sheikh Musa al-Musawy, a representative of the Grand Ayatollah in Baghdad. Mr Sistani refused them his blessing. "The government will deal with this problem, and the law will take its course," he reportedly said.

[The Iraqi Government found the strongest possible terms, borrowing unconsciously from a, cult horror classic to assure the nation that they would not waver nor yield in the face of terror -- and those words were spoken by a Sunni.

As the powerful, mainly Sunni tribe led by Iraqi President Ghazi al-Yawar's uncle rallied behind an electoral bloc formed by leaders of the long oppressed Shi'ite majority, Yawar urged people not to identify the insurgency with the Sunni cause. Speaking after a particularly bloody few days in which more than 70 people have been killed, Yawar said: "Right now, we're faced with the armies of darkness, who have no objective but to undermine the political process and incite civil war in Iraq.

"But I want to assure the whole world that this will never, ever happen... After all these sacrifices, there's no way on earth that we will let it go in vain," said Yawar, who holds a largely figurehead position in the administration set up in June to take over responsibility from the U.S.-led occupation forces.

But words are in the end sustained by action. John Burns of the New York Times recounts that for the Marines, providing security for the elections means pursuing an enemy fleeing upon his own ground.

For marines staging a night raid on suspected rebel hide-outs across this insurgent heartland outside Baghdad, heading out of their heavily fortified base at midnight on Friday was a moment to make sinews stiffen. In the 10 weeks since their battalion began operating in this area south of Baghdad, raids like this one by Strike Force Two have captured more than 250 people identified as suspected insurgents. Others, fleeing or resisting, have been killed. The raids have taken an American toll, too. Since late September, the Second Battalion of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit has lost eight men.

The primary mission of the 2/24 battalion, a Chicago-based Reserve force of 1,200 troops, is to destroy a network of insurgent cells that United States military intelligence has identified as the nerve center of the Sunni insurgency in central Iraq. ... The focus of the marines' attention has been on two powerful tribal families, the Janabis and the Kargoulis, feudal overlords of much of the land between the rivers that the 2/24 marines now patrol. Under Mr. Hussein, the Janabis and the Kargoulis were richly rewarded. Their area was the base for Republican Guard units, munitions factories, weapons research establishments and battlefield testing grounds, as well as a host of new industrial plants and depots. After the Persian Gulf war in 1991, when a Shiite uprising across southern Iraq was met with brutal repression, parts of the area around Mahmudiya, Latifiya and Iskandariya, where Sunnis and Shiites mixed were subjected to a form of ethnic cleansing, with Shiites of military age rounded up and shot and their houses bulldozed to make way for new Sunni homes. ...

The marines have fought pitched battles, including one on Nov. 12 at Mullah Fayyad, west of Yusufiya, that began with an insurgent ambush and developed into a fight that lasted more than four hours. Lt. Col. Mark A. Smith, the 2/24's commander, said the rebels were trying to open lines of retreat from Falluja. "This is where the leadership of the insurgency have always lived, and now that they can't be in Falluja, they've got to come home," he said. "But our rule is, 'You ain't comin' home.' "

It was, for the chieftains, a long fall from Babylon. Twenty years before Saddam Hussein had set himself the task of rebuilding the storied city as a capital commensurate to his glory.

When Saddam Hussein rose to power in Iraq, he conceived a grandiose scheme to rebuild the ancient City of Babylon ...Adjacent to Nebuchadnezzar's ancient palace and overlooking the Euphrates River, Saddam Hussein built a new palace for himself. Shaped like a ziggurat (stepped pyramid), Saddam's Babylonian palace is a monstrous hill-top fortress surrounded by miniature palm trees and rose gardens. The four-storey palace extends across an area as large as five football fields. Villagers told news media that a thousand people were evacuated to make way for this emblem of Saddam Hussein's power.

On the ceilings and walls of Saddam's palace, 360-degree murals depicted scenes from ancient Babylon, Ur, and the Tower of Babel. In the cathedral-like entryway, an enormous chandelier hung from a wooden canopy carved to resemble a palm tree. In the bathrooms, the plumbing fixtures appeared to be gold-plated. Throughout Saddam Hussein's palace, pediments were engraved with the ruler's initials, "SdH."

It would be sad if it weren't so grotesque.

Guest Guest_tajer

Tex,

Very good and accurate analysis.

Today in Baghdad the main three Sunni parties announced that they will particate in the ellections after threatening of bycotting it.. The Islamic party "sunni" and Bachachee and Alchaderchee announced that they will sumitte for it by dec the 10th..

Seems the hard line policy of sticking to the date is getting it's benefits..

Guest Someone

الصباح تقف على بعض الحقائق..ما الذي يجري في الفلوجة؟!

التاريخ: Tuesday, December 07

الموضوع: اخر الاخبار على الساحة العراقية

الصباح - خاص:

ماذا يجري في مدينة الفلوجة..سؤال ربما يطرحه الكثيرون على أنفسهم لتعقبها أسئلة أخرى..هل حقا أخذت مدينة الفلوجة على عاتقها مقاومة الاحتلال؟ وهل حقا إن المواطنين هناك جميعهم ضد الاحتلال؟وهل يقبلون بما يحدث من أعمال إرهابية تحت يافطة المقاومة؟ هل المواطنون هناك يتحملون وزر المقاومة أو وزر من يقوم بأعمال المقاومة نتيجة لعمليات القصف الشديد ؟ هل حقا إن هناك من يقاوم الاحتلال بصفته احتلالا أم بدوافع أخرى مضمرة عند من اقنع المواطنين انهم حقا يقاومون الاحتلال من خلال جانبين إسلامي ووطني ؟ والسؤال الأهم..ما الذي يحدث في المفلوجة ؟

أسئلة تربعت على قمة النقاشات الحادة لتكون المادة الدسمة لمائدة الخلافات والتوافقات وربما التباعد والاقتراب بين طرفين يتهم أحدهما بالإرهاب بينما يتهم الطرف الآخر بالتخاذل والعمالة..

مقدمة لابد منها

لم تكن الفلوجة عند بدء الحرب واحدة من المدن التي تعرضت للقصف الشديد أو كانت مدينة مرور للقوات الأميركية التي زحفت على بغداد لإسقاط النظام السابق..كانت مدن البصرة والناصرية والنجف وكربلاء ومدن العمارة والكوت هي الطريق الموصل إلى بغداد..ويوم أعلن عن سقوط التمثال في ساحة الفردوس خرجت الجماهير فرحة تنطق بما كان يجول في نفوسها وكان مكبوتا ليعبروا عنه بصورة لا تحتاج إلى مونتاج بالنسبة للمحطات الفضائية التي راحت تنقل تلك المشاهد..وكانت مدن الخط الآخر من شمال وغرب وشرق بغداد قد استراحت من لعنة القتال وجريمة الاحتلال..لا أحد يمكنه أن ينكر هذه الحقيقة التي لا يغطيها غربال كما يقال..قال لي أحد العراقيين الذين عادوا إلى ارض الوطن بعد غيبة ليست قصيرة خارجه..انه كان يتوق للعودة إلى العراق ويشارك إخوانه مهمة الدفاع عن الوطن..وأضاف..إن الإعلام كان يصور لنا إن العراق يمر بجحيم لا يطاق أشعلته قوات الاحتلال..فكانت عمان تستقبل أهازيجنا ونحن نودعها باتجاه بغداد (منصورة يا بغداد..إنريدج بعز دوم..منصورة يا بغداد ) وكان المواطنون العرب يودعوننا وهم مستغربون تماما من هذا الشعب الذي خالف كل قوانين العالم المعروفة وهي إن الحرب إذا ما حدثت فان الهروب الجماعي هو المحصلة النهائية إلا الشعب العراقي فقد عاد إلى ارض الوطن ليدافع عنه..ويؤكد هذا المواطن..انه فوجئ عندما وصوله إلى مدينة الرمادي بوجود الدبابات والمجندات وكان ذلك في اليوم الثاني لسقوط التمثال الرهيب..والناس يلوحون لهم ويبتسمون ويتحدثون..قلت في حينها لماذا عدنا ماذا كانت تتحدث تلك الفضائيات عن الجرائم البشعة وعن الاحتلال ومأساته إذا كان الشعب فرحا..وأشار إلى إن توتزناته العقلية قد اهتزت منذ أن وطأت قدماه ارض الرمادي.

هذه الحادثة ربما لم تكن مقتصرة على ذاك المواطن الذي عاد وفي يديه رأسه حمل السلاح لمقاومة الاحتلال ليعود بعدها إلى عمله في عمان بعد أن اطمأن إن الوضع الآن متفق عليه وان العراقيين فرحون بسقوط النظام.

إذن ما الذي حدث بعدها؟

البداية والأهداف واثبات الوجود

تسارعت الأحداث في مدينة الفلوجة..كان ذلك بعد اليوم العاشر لاحتلال العراق..بدأت أولى خطوات الانتباه لما سيجري لاحقا من هناك..لم يكن أحد يتوقع أن تكون الفلوجة محطة قادمة لما يحدث الآن..يقول أحد مواطني الفلوجة..إن أول حادثة بدأت حين أراد الأهالي إبعاد القوات الأميركية عن بناية مدرسة تقع في وسط المدينة..كانت القوات الأمريكية وغيرها من الجيوش التي دخلت العراق قد احتلت أماكن عديدة في وسط المدن لتكون لها محطات استراحة أو محطات مراقبة الوضع أو لإظهار القوة من إنها قوة احتلال خاصة بعد قرار مجلس الأمن الدولي الذي اعتبر قوات التحالف قوات احتلال..ويضيف هذا المواطن..كنا كغيرنا من العراقيين ننظر إلى الأيام القادمات بعين من الانتظار..ولم نكن ندرك إن هناك أشياء مضمرة تحت بساط الأحداث..كانت الطريق إلى بغداد سالكة ولم يكن هناك من يتوقع أن تنقلب الدنيا حين بدأت القوات الأميركية باستخدام القوة ضد المواطنين ليبدأ بعدها مسلسل الدم تحت عناوين بارزة ومختلفة ..فيما قال مواطن آخر..انه كان يتوقع مثل هذا الأمر لأنه كان يشاهد حركة المقاتلين العرب الذي دخلوا البلاد لمقاومة قوات الاحتلال أثناء الحرب..ويضيف كان هؤلاء العرب وهم من جنسيات مختلفة يلتقون على ارض مدينة الفلوجة.لتتوافد بعدها مجاميع لها رؤية واحدة وشكل واحد وأهداف مشتركة لينقلب الوضع من مواجهة قوات الاحتلال إلى إثبات وجود لقضية لم تكن معروفة في العراق.

تحليلات ونقاشات وصور

حين اشتدت المواجهات كانت المحطات الفضائية تنقل لنا ما يدور في مدينة الفلوجة.. كان مشهد الأطفال والنساء يدمي القلب.وكانت لعناتنا تصب جام غصبها على الإفراط في استخدام القوة ضد مواطني الفلوجة..الناس جميعا تعرف إن مواطني هذه المدينة التي لقبت بمدينة الجوامع ومدينة المآذن هم مواطنون مؤمنون وصالحون وطيبون..وكانت الحركة التجارية الصادقة مصدرها مدينة الفلوجة.كنت اعرفهم من خلال الفترة التي أمضيتها في الخدمة العسكرية يوم نقلت عام 1991م إلى هذه المدينة..لم نكن نشعر بالغربة أبدا وكانت الجوامع مفتوحة إلى الجميع لا ينظرون إلى المصلي إذا ما كان يسبل يديه أو يكتفهما..كان الهم العراقي والوحدة الإسلامية هي الميزان الذي يطبع قلوب الناس..قالت لي امرأة من أهالي بغداد..إنها كلما شاهدت طفلا وقد قتله الرصاص أو امرأة مزقتها الشظايا تنهمر دموعي بالدمع الحار..وتضيف إنها لن تنسى ما دامت على وجه البسيطة مشهد الطفل الذي أخرجوه من تحت الأنقاض وهو حي لان دارهم قد دمرت جراء القصف..فيما تشعبت المناقشات وكثرت التحليلات..قال شاب كان يناقش صديقه وكنا في طريق عودتنا إلى بغداد..إن ما يحدث في الفلوجة لأمر محزن حقا فما ذنب الأطفال والنساء وحتى الرجال وهم يتلقون الضربات المميتة ليل نهار لان فيها من يعتقد انهم من جماعة الزرقاوي أو أية جماعة أخرى..وأضاف إن ما نراه يجعلني احنق على كل ما هو أميركي مهما كانت أسباب هذا القصف.أيده صديقه..إذا ما كان البعض من أهالي الفلوجى قد أخطأ فيجب ألا يعالج الخطأ بالخطأ وتستمر دوامة الدم.. قاطعهما رجل ثالث كان يشاركهما مقاعد سيارة ( الكيا )..وهل تعتقدان إن الأمر بهذه البساطة ؟إن الناس هناك قد آوت الإرهابيين وعليهم أن يتحملوا وزر أفعالهم مثلما نتحمل نحن أعمالهم التي قتلت زينة شبابنا..وأكد هذا الرجل إن كل ما يحدث في المدن العراقية وخاصة في منطقة مثلث الموت هم سببها لأن الإرهابيين والقتلة ينطلقون من هناك لقتل شبابنا أو اختطاف من حسبوه عدوا لهم حتى لو كان عراقي..وراح الرجل يسرد ما مر به قبل أيام من محاولات قتل عشوائي قامت به مجموعة مسلحة حين أخرجت أسلحتها من فتحة سيارة أوبل العلوية وراحوا يمطرون السيارات المارة بعشوائية وذهب في هذا الحادث الذي عده إجراميا خمسة ضحايا بينهم امرأة وطفل .

تشعبت النقاشات والمركز هو الفلوجة..فبين من يقول إن المدينة ليس لها ذنب في كل ما يحدث وبين من يقول إن المدينة لم تعد كما كانت في عام 1991 فقد اختلطت فيها الأشياء ولم تعد تلك الصورة الواحدة للداخلين إليها من غير من يحمل سمات الأهداف..فقد تغير ثوبها ولبست ثوبا آخر جاء قماشه من الخارج بعد أن خيط بإبرة من يدس السم في عقلٍ أريد له أن يكون طائعا لغاياتهم..قال مواطن آخر..إن ما جرى في الفلوجة سببه الفضائيات العربية التي نصبت عدة كاميرات داخل المدينة لتنقل ما يناسب برامجها العاطفية دون أن تنقل ما يحدث في الطرف الآخر.. وأضاف إن هذه الفضائيات وخاصة الجزيرة هي سبب المشكلة لأنها جعلت الناس هناك تصدق إنها تقاوم الاحتلال بعد أن دخل إليها المجندون بدباباتهم بسلام ودون مقاومة..فيما قال آخر إن المشاهد المرعبة التي يشاهدها كل يوم جعلته يلعن اليوم الذي فرح فيه بتواجد هذه القوات على أرض العراق لان هذه القوات لا تريد السلام للعراقيين بل تريد أن تزرع البلبلة في المدن لتقول إن العراقيين غير قادرين على حماية أنفسهم وان تواجدهم ضرورة لمدة طويلة ريثما يشتد عود المواطن ويستطيع تامين حياتهم دون خوف.

الهاربون من مدينة الدم

لم يكن أحد يستطيع أن يمسك بخيوط الحقيقة التي تجري هناك..فقد كثرت الأحاديث وراح الناس يتحدثون عن أشياء أصبحت بين الصدق والكذب مسافة أوسع من أربعة أصابع..ولأننا نريد أن نجعل من المسافة ما بين الصدق والكذب أربعة أصابع كان لا بد أن نلتقي بأهالي الفلوجة أنفسهم فهم أدرى بالذي يحدث في مدينتهم ولكن كيف السبيل إلى ذلك ؟ والمعركة قد بدات وصار المشهد الاكثر رؤية هو القصف والقتل والتشريد والجراح والهدم.حتى صار الحبل ممدودا يستقبل شرايين الناس ليضعها على غاربه ليقطر دما طهورا..وقد هرب من وجد نفسه خارج اللعبة وتيقن إن البقاء في المدينة يعني الموت الذي لا ريب فيه فهو قادم كما عبر عن ذلك أحد النازحين من مدينة الدم هكذا اسماها لي وأضاف..إن الحياة هناك لم تعد تطاق فنحن بين نارين أحدهما اشد حرقا من الأخرى..البقاء يعني الخضوع لقوة الخوف المسلطة من أناس احتلوا المدينة وحملوا سلاحهم وراحوا يحلمون بجنة موعودة وهم لا يتركون لنا حرية الحركة أو حتى الاعتراض على ما يقومون به..بعد أن تركناهم يتمسكنون حتى تمكنوا منا كما يقال..وأيضا البقاء يعني تلقي المصير المجهول إذا ما أقدمت القوات الأميركية على دخول المدينة بقوة السلاح..ويضيف هذا الرجل بعد أن طلب عدم الكشف عن اسمه لان هناك متعلقات كثيرة له في الفلوجة..إن العناصر المسلحة اغلبهم من العرب ونحن نراهم ونسمعهم وقد وحدتهم أهداف واحدة.فهؤلاء لا يهمهم من أمر الحياة شيئا فقد ودعوها واقبلوا على الموت كمن يقبل على نسمة هواء بعد اختناق..وكانوا يتحركون في المدينة بحرية كاملة وبمساعدة بعض رجال الدين الذين كانت كلماتهم هي المعبر لتوجهاتهم المذهبية التي لم تكن موجودة في العراق..وأكد هذا الرجل إن هؤلاء كانوا في البدء يقومون باستئجار البيوت بأسعار كبيرة بمساعدة البعض من الأهالي الذين لهم ارتباطات طائفية معهم وتكون هذه البيوت بالنتيجة مأوى حتى للعراقيين الذين جاءوا من بعض المحافظات بعد تحولوا من مذهبهم إلى مذهب هؤلاء..وأكد إن هناك عراقيين من بغداد وتحديدا من منطقة جسر ديالى والزعفرانية وكذلك من كربلاء والنجف والحلة والبصرة وبعقوبة والموصل وتكريت متواجدون في الفلوجة ، وحين اشتد عليهم الحصار وتوقفت إيجارات البيوت التي قصفت جميعها راحوا يجتمعون في بيوت أنصارهم ..وقد شبه الرجل ما يحدث في هذا الجانب بنضال الأحزاب في الأيام السرية حين تكون الاجتماعات في بيوت محددة كأوكار مع وجود العائلة بنسائها واطفالها..وأوضح إن البعض من هؤلاء هم من الضباط السابقين في الجيش العراقي أو من أزلام النظام وأهالي الفلوجة يعرفونهم حتى بالأسماء.

سألته: هل هذا يعني إن الأهالي هناك غير راضين عما يفعله هؤلاء ؟ وهل هم كثر ؟

قال: بكل تأكيد فأهالي الفلوجة طيبون ومتسامحون وأصحاب نخوة ولكن ما حدث هو إن هناك بضعة مئات من الوافدين ومعهم من العراقيين وان اختلفت توجهاتهم توحدوا هناك..ليس من المعقول أن تظلموا أهالي الفلوجة بتعدادهم الذي تجاوز مئات الآلاف على سمعة ما يفعله المئات.

احتلال البيوت بعد الضيق

حمل ما خف حمله وهرب من مدينة الفلوجة وسكن في مدينة أخرى.. حين عرفت انه من هذه المدينة التي خدمت فيها لمدة عام كامل في الجيش واعرف طيبة أهلها وصدقهم..طلب مني ألا اذكر حتى اسم المدينة التي هو فيها الآن.

طمأنته وقلت له.. أنا لا أريد شيئا سوى الصدق في الحقيقة دون تزييف..لذلك أسألك لماذا هربت من الفلوجة والناس لهم رأي إن الأهالي جميعهم هناك يعارضون الوجود الأمريكي وانهم مستعدون للتضحية في سبيل هذا الهدف؟

قال:نعم نحن جميعا نعارض الوجود الأمريكي ليس أهالي الفلوجة فحسب بل جميع العراقيين ولكن ما يحدث هو إن البعض حول هذه المعارضة إلى غايات أخرى..كنا في بادئ الأمر معهم ولكننا ندمنا كثيرا على هذا التأييد بعد أن وجدنا انهم على استعداد لقتل كل ما يرونه هم معارضا لأفكارهم ونواياهم ولهم في ذلك فتاوى كثيرة..وأضاف..قد أصبحت الحياة مريرة وقاتلة ولا يمكن البقاء في الفلوجة اكثر مما كنا قد بقينا..القصف والخوف عنصران يهيمنان على الأطفال والنساء..الأسواق مقفلة إلا في أوقات محددة يكون فيه القصف قد توقف وإذا ما اشتد فان البحث عن لقمة هو الشغل الشاغل للكثير من العوائل..ومع ذلك يقول الرجل انه صبر وقال لنفسه انه لن يكون معهم ويبقى في بيته ولا يغادره..ولكن المصيبة يقول..انه خرجت ذات يوم إلى بيت عمي مع أطفالي وزوجتي وبقيت هناك لمدة أسبوع بعد أن جرح شقيق زوجتي نتيجة للقصف..وعندما عدت وجدت مجموعة وقد احتلت منزلي ..ويضيف..انهم كانوا اكثر من عشرة أشخاص يتشابهون في مظهرهم وطريقة لباسهم .. وعندما قلت لهم إن هذا البيت بيتي وله رب يحميه وإنني كنت في زيارة لأهل زوجتي..أجابوني انهم يدافعون عن الإسلام من جور الكفرة وطلبوا مني أن ينزلوا في غرفة واحدة لعقد اجتماعاتهم وانهم يعتبرون هذا بيتهم كما هي بيوت العراقيين ..وأضاف ولأنني اعرف إن هذه هي طريقتهم في البقاء داخل البيوت مع العوائل فان هذا يعني إن عائلتي ستكون معرضة للقصف وسيقتلون لا محال فتركت لهم البيت بما ثقل حمله وغادرنا بهدوء. جماعات تكفيرية وتمويل خارجي

كنت اعرفه من قبل..شاب في مقتبل العمر..كان يعمل في بيع المواد الاحتياطية في الأحياء الصناعية ( دوار ) بين المحلات ليحصل على قوت يومه في زمن الحصار..إلا انه تحول إلى عبادة الله بطريقة جديدة مخالفا لما كان عليه أهله واقاربه حين التقى بشباب من منطقة الزعفرانية ليحولوه إلى سوادهم كما قال له أحدهم.. وحين سقط التمثال شد رحاله إلى مدينة الفلوجة ليكون قريبا من رجال الدين وأولئك الشباب الذين وجدوا مرتعهم وراحتهم هناك..قال لي قبل سفره انه ذاهب إلى الفلوجة ليجد عملا هناك فالمدن الأخرى ليس فيها ما تمنحه القدرة على البقاء وسط طقوس اعتبرها لا تمت إلى الدين بصلة..غاب عن أهله اكثر من عام وحين اشتدت المعارك هناك ودخلت القوات الأمريكية إلى مدينة الفلوجة استطاع العودة بعد منتصف الليل إلى أهله القلقين عليه..كان ضعيفا وذاويا لكن أفكاره لم يتغير.

سألته مستفزا قناعاته..لماذا لم تقاتل معهم ضد قوات الاحتلال..لماذا تركت أصحابك يقاتلون وحدهم..وهل اشتركت معهم في خطف الرهائن وذبحهم وقتل العراقيين؟

قال..صدقني إن هؤلاء لا يمتون إلى الدين بصلة..هؤلاء هم من جماعة ( التكفير) وهم جماعة منبوذة من قبل الجميع بما فيهم من يقاوم الاحتلال..وأضاف عليك أن تصدق إن أهل الفلوجة والرمادي يطاردون هؤلاء في كل مكان إذا ما سنحت الفرصة لهم وكثيرا ما يعطون المعلومات إلى الجهات العراقية حول وجود بعض جماعات ( التكفير )وأكد إن هؤلاء يقومون بهذه الأفعال الشنيعة لقاء مبالغ كبيرة ومصدرها أما خارجي ( رفض إعطاء الجهة الخارجية ) بحجة عدم معرفته بها..أو من جماعة النظام السابق المتواجدين في تلك المنطقة. وأشار إلى إن الأهالي هناك يتمنون اليوم لذي يتخلصون فيه من هؤلاء الذين أساءوا إلى الدين لان طريق المقاومة لا يأتي بقتل العراقيين وخطف الرهائن والمساومة على حياتهم..وأكد إن الاختطاف جزء من عملية التمويل والحصول على الأموال للقيام بأعمالهم الإجرامية.وقال أخيرا ليس لدي اكثر من هذا الكلام وعليك أن تصدق إن الناس هناك تريد العبادة الصحيحة وليس الانتقام لتشويه العبادة.

استدراج فإيمان فندم

أخذني إليه أحد الشباب بعد عرفني إنني صحفي وقال لي هذا شاب كان في مدينة الفلوجة وهو من أهالي محافظة (... ) التحق بهم بعد أن غير جلده وندم بعدها..كان الشاب يحاول يمسك جواز سفر جديد.

قلت له لماذا تريد السفر؟

قال: لأهرب من العراق نهائيا فلم يعد لي فيه شيئا بعد أن أخطأت كثيرا في حساباتي..

قلت له ما حكايتك؟ قال:قبل سنوات كثيرة واثناء لقاءات عديدة مع أقاربي في منطقة (...) ببغداد أقنعوني بطريقة ما أن أؤمن بما يقولونه عن مذهبهم وقد آمنت حقا بما كانوا يتحدثون به..وكنت اشعر بالضيق لكل ما أشاهده مخالفا للمعتقدات الجديدة..ولهذا السبب وحين سقط النظام وبدأت المواجهة مع القوات الأميركية من مدينة الفلوجة أرسل بطلبي قريبي وقال علينا الالتحاق بالمجاهدين هناك..

وفعلا ذهبت إلى هناك..وخلال فترة امتدت لأكثر من عام اكتشفت مؤخرا زيف ما يتحدثون به..فقد كانوا ينطلقون من أهداف بعيدة عن الإسلام وعن الوطن على الرغم من إن المعلن هو كذلك ولكن ما هو مبطن غير ذلك والحقيقة إنني لم اكشف الأمر بسرعة فقد اشتركت معهم في الكثير من العمليات المسلحة داخل المدينة وضد القوات الأميركية وكنت اشعر بالراحة وأنا انفذ مثل هذه العمليات..ويؤكد..إن نقطة التحول هي طلبهم مني أن أتحول إلى مناطق أخرى من العراق..وذهبت معهم إلى منطقة اللطيفية. كانت العملية الأولى في شهر شباط من هذا العام وهي ضد القوات الأمريكية ولكن بعدها تحولت العمليات ضد المدنيين وضد سواق الشاحنات وخاصة النفطية وطلبوا منا أن نقتل أي سيارة محملة بالنفط أو البانزين أو أية سيارة حكومية حتى لو كانت فيها نساء واطفال..والسبب في ذلك انهم متعاونون مع قوات الاحتلال..ولان الله تعالى أراد لي آن انتبه لافعالي فقد صحوت على ضربة قوية وأنا أرى أحد سواق الشاحنات وهم يصرخ قبل قتله من قبل المسلحين انه أخوهم في الإسلام وانه أقسم بأغلظ الإيمان انه غير متعاون مع القوات الأمريكية وان ما يحمله سيذهب به إلى العراقيين..لكنهم وبعد أن سلبوا ما كان في جيوبه قاموا بقتله بدم بارد عندها انسحبت بهدوء وقررت مغادرة المدينة والعراق إلى جهة مجهولة عسى الله يغفر لي خطاياي الكثيرة.

سألته..هل كان بينكم عرب وأجانب؟

قال: بكل تأكيد وكنا ننتقل من مكان إلى آخر ومن بيت إلى آخر وبالقوة التي نحملها وهي ترهيب الناس وتحت شعارات متشابهة وكان يقود كل مجموعة عربيا وكان المسؤول علينا أردني الجنسية فيما كان المسؤول عن أقاربي سعودياً والبقية من العراقيين وكنا نجد المأوى والطعام والمال بمساعدة البعض وحتى رجال الدين الذين ينتمون إلى ذات المذهب الوهابي وكنا نرى عدم قناعة المواطنين من أهالي الفلوجة بما يجري ولكننا كنا أقوى منهم لأننا نملك السلاح ونملك القدرة على القتل بسهولة ..

عذرا لا أريد الحديث بما يذكرني بكفري فغدا سأسافر إلى خـارج العراق ..

أتى هذا المقال من جريدة الصباح

http://www.alsabaah.com

عنوان الرابط لهذا المقال هو:

http://www.alsabaah.com/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=1291

Archived